Most Dominant Athlete in the world

Agreed...just a matter of time til the female talent catches up. Ronda is still a great champion. You can only fight who they give you. Not her fault the talent level isn't really there yet.

If you watch Season 18 of TUF, you will see a female kickboxer who has won 8 championships get out struck by a woman with no striking background and a 10-5 mma record. You will also see a female black belt in BJJ get handled on the ground by a "striker"

In tennis, the 203rd ranked male player beat Venus Williams 6-2 and Serena 6-1

Womans MMA will never be, even remotely, as competitive as Mens MMA

There's probably a tiddlywinks player in the Ukraine destroying competition.

If you watch Season 18 of TUF, you will see a female kickboxer who has won 8 championships get out struck by a woman with no striking background and a 10-5 mma record. You will also see a female black belt in BJJ get handled on the ground by a "striker"

In tennis, the 203rd ranked male player beat Venus Williams 6-2 and Serena 6-1

Womans MMA will never be, even remotely, as competitive as Mens MMA

are you the guy that posts this every couple of days?

women's tennis, volleyball, golf, basketball, soccer are incredibly competitive.

How many countries compete in female wrestling? I really don't think it's many I'm off to research.

I know for team GB we had something like two girls try out for a weight class so its basically whoever walks in off the street.

I would bet good money the talent pool is far deeper in women's judo than women's wrestling by faaar. Purely because there's a ton more girls training in it.

On a global scale, i'd venture to say that female wrestling has more participants than WMMA. Hell, my high school had a girls wrestling team and this was back in the late 90s.

it's a politics, you shouldnt take it serious.. I hope Ronda doesnt either

That's what makes Ronda so annoying. She really believes she IS that amazing and could beat Floyd Mayweather haha. Not a doubt in my mind. The most dominant women's combat sport athlete I've ever seen was Ann Wolfe. That woman would have beat the ever-living shit out of Ronda in her prime. I'll bet her daughter could right now..

ITT: posters who don't understand what "dominant" means

On a global scale, i'd venture to say that female wrestling has more participants than WMMA. Hell, my high school had a girls wrestling team and this was back in the late 90s.

Oh yeah I'd agree that womens wrestling is tougher than WMMA.

But I don't think we can say the most dominant athlete is someone from either sport no matter how much Ronda dominates or this wrestler girl does.

I think it has to be a sport with a deeper talent pool like Tennis, Gymnastics where such singular athlete dominance is much rarer. (Talking womens sports)

how much closer? can you quantify that?

Lol @ using team GB as an example
a couple more guys show up for the men's weight classes for Britain, but none of them ever qualify for the olympics or world championships either.

looking briefly at this year's world champs,
men's freestyle had medallists from 14 countries, with 4 countries winning golds.
womyn's freestyle had medallists from 17 countries, with 5 countries winning golds.

Therefore, applying shertard logic, women's wrestling is clearly more competitive than mens, as it draws from more countries & thus must have the bigger talent pool :wink:

for sure there are more women doing Judo, though.

Solid conclusions bro.

I found some stats for you to snack on to my man.

These are just figures for the US but High School wrestling there are 269,000 male wrestlers compared to 9904 female wrestlers.

That's 27 guys competing for every girl meaning its many magnitudes harder to become the top ranked guy compared to the top ranked girl since there's so much more competition out there.

http://www.nwcaonline.com/nwcawebsite/savingwrestlinghome/facts.aspx

That's why I don't feel we can put a women's wrestler as TS suggest or Ronda in WMMA as the most dominating athlete in the world.

In their particular sports sure they're killing it but the talent pools have to be taken into consideration.

I'd put Alexander Karelins 3 Olympic Golds and one Silver and record of 887 wins and just 2 losses as being greater than Ronda or Saori Yoshida.

He went undefeated for 13 years and 6 years without even conceding a point over hundreds of matches, thats dominance.

this thread is full of butthurt.

Saori Yoshida is probably the most dominate female athlete in the world on the cover of some 'japanese' magazine.

Solid conclusions bro.

I found some stats for you to snack on to my man.

These are just figures for the US but High School wrestling there are 269,000 male wrestlers compared to 9904 female wrestlers.

That's 27 guys competing for every girl meaning its many magnitudes harder to become the top ranked guy compared to the top ranked girl since there's so much more competition out there.

http://www.nwcaonline.com/nwcawebsite/savingwrestlinghome/facts.aspx

That's why I don't feel we can put a women's wrestler as TS suggest or Ronda in WMMA as the most dominating athlete in the world.

In their particular sports sure they're killing it but the talent pools have to be taken into consideration.

I'd put Alexander Karelins 3 Olympic Golds and one Silver and record of 887 wins and just 2 losses as being greater than Ronda or Saori Yoshida.

He went undefeated for 13 years and 6 years without even conceding a point over hundreds of matches, thats dominance.

Interesting, I would have thought there would be 2x the no. of females than that in the US at least.
However I'm not sure how things break down in terms of discipline, americans have that weird 'high school' / collegate sports thing, but any woman wrestler worth anything will surely be doing freestyle. Do all women freestylers go through high school programmes first? or do they find freestyle clubs? I dunno.

Anyway it'd be interesting to compare the ratio to that in: Canada (better woman's program than the US), Japan, Russia, Russia excluding the muslim areas which produce all their male medalists ( :icon_chee ), or places like Poland and Sweden where the men's freestyle teams are nowhere but the women's teams are decent.

As for Karelin: Icho & Yoshida are almost certainly going to become the first wrestlers to win 4 oly golds, (I think Icho could win 5 if she wanted but I doubt she does), but no-one would put them above or even around Karelin, or any of the other guys to win 3 or 2 gold medals.

It would be fun to troll americans by making 'all time' listings and putting them both above Gable though ("only 1 gold? lolz")

aa14a3ca1011f14fed032b79f5cb1017.269x320x1.jpg

fatjones.jpg

XddaJv9.jpg

teddy-riner.jpg

3138276782_1_10_H5BAmQGb.jpg

lol a male 125 lbs high school wrestler would destroy those 2 Japanese chicks with ease.

Back