Most Dominant Athlete in the world

Serena Williams is the most dominant female and Mayweather is the most dominant male in sports today

In tennis, the 203rd ranked male player beat Venus Williams 6-2 and Serena 6-1

How old were the Williams sisters and how many grandslams had they won at the time?

It's Lebron James or Mike Trout. I wouldn't put up a fight against Serena, either.

You really need to consider the size of the variation in the talent.

lol a male 125 lbs high school wrestler would destroy those 2 Japanese chicks with ease.

Apparently Sara McMann had a winning record vs males as a high school wrestler

KQkucjtb_400x400.jpg

Apparently Sara McMann had a winning record vs males as a high school wrestler

Of course she did. Most women who reach the world medalist level of wrestling have had plenty of success wrestling males.

Sherdog is ridiculously uninformed about amateur wrestling.

Oh yeah I'd agree that womens wrestling is tougher than WMMA.

But I don't think we can say the most dominant athlete is someone from either sport no matter how much Ronda dominates or this wrestler girl does.

I think it has to be a sport with a deeper talent pool like Tennis, Gymnastics where such singular athlete dominance is much rarer. (Talking womens sports)

I don't know that I agree that tennis and gymnastics have a significantly deeper talent pool than wrestling.

I don't think I know a single person who has played tennis competitively, and I know maybe 2 or 3 girls who were competitive gymnasts.

Not including the girls I've coached or encountered through coaching, I'd say I know around a dozen girls who have wrestled at some point in their lives.

I don't know that I agree that tennis and gymnastics have a significantly deeper talent pool than wrestling.

I don't think I know a single person who has played tennis competitively, and I know maybe 2 or 3 girls who were competitive gymnasts.

Not including the girls I've coached or encountered through coaching, I'd say I know around a dozen girls who have wrestled at some point in their lives.

This is sort of the argument from ignorance. I know lots and lots of flute players. Lots and lots of trumpet players. Lots and lots of tennis players Lots and lots of guitar players. Why? Because I've been playing music my whole life and played competitive tennis. And that proves absolutely nothing. I didn't even mention golf or baseball...
You might as well say you don't know any girls that play soccer and pretend that means something.

This is sort of the argument from ignorance. I know lots and lots of flute players. Lots and lots of trumpet players. Lots and lots of tennis players Lots and lots of guitar players. Why? Because I've been playing music my whole life and played competitive tennis. And that proves absolutely nothing. I didn't even mention golf or baseball...
You might as well say you don't know any girls that play soccer and pretend that means something.

Well, except of COURSE I know girls that play soccer.

But I don't know any girls that play competitive tennis. I feel like there aren't that many.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it's not just wrestlers that I know, because I'm involved in that.

I also know a lot of female volleyball players (I never played), and basketball players (I never played), and hockey players (I never played), and soccer players (I never played), and piano players (I never played).

But I don't think I know a single female tennis player. Why not? Are they hiding? Or do they keep it a secret? I dunno.

Well, except of COURSE I know girls that play soccer.

But I don't know any girls that play competitive tennis. I feel like there aren't that many.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it's not just wrestlers that I know, because I'm involved in that.

I also know a lot of female volleyball players (I never played), and basketball players (I never played), and hockey players (I never played), and soccer players (I never played), and piano players (I never played).

But I don't think I know a single female tennis player. Why not? Are they hiding? Or do they keep it a secret? I dunno.
The thing is, they try to keep fairly accurate statistics based on actual participation in sports instead of basing it on whether or not people "feel" there are a lot of competitors or not. The numbers are almost certainly more accurate than your feeling.

The thing is, they try to keep fairly accurate statistics based on actual participation in sports instead of basing it on whether or not people "feel" there are a lot of competitors or not. The numbers are almost certainly more accurate than your feeling.

Well, fine, then. Link me to the numbers.

Serena Williams is the most dominant female and Mayweather is the most dominant male in sports today

How old were the Williams sisters and how many grandslams had they won at the time?

Usain Bolt has a pretty good case

Stats incoming my friends.

In US high school there are 181,116 girls playing tennis.

http://www.statista.com/topics/1741/tennis/

US High School wrestling has 9,000 girls.

http://www.nwcaonline.com/nwcawebsite/womenswrestling/womensfacts.aspx

That's 20 girls playing tennis for every 1 wrestling.

That's pretty clear cut... although you might not agree.

I don't know the stats on gymnastics, but I know when I was kid most girls at least tried it out.

Don't forget ya shinebox.

Stats incoming my friends.

In US high school there are 181,116 girls playing tennis.

http://www.statista.com/topics/1741/tennis/

US High School wrestling has 9,000 girls.

http://www.nwcaonline.com/nwcawebsite/womenswrestling/womensfacts.aspx

That's 20 girls playing tennis for every 1 wrestling.

That's pretty clear cut... although you might not agree.

I don't know the stats on gymnastics, but I know when I was kid most girls at least tried it out.

Don't forget ya shinebox.

You win.

I knew this, but had forgotten that the US was still in the stone age for women's wrestling. I'm in Canada. We have about 1 female wrestler for every 2 male wrestlers. We don't have very many tennis players.

American amateur wrestling should be ashamed of their efforts to introduce women to the sport. You're mistaken if you think the rest of the world is like this, though.

There's a reason why the US has won four women's wrestling medals in the Olympics (1 silver and 3 bronze) to Canada's five (1 gold, 2 silver, and 2 bronze).

Do you know how insane it is for Canada to be handily outperforming the US in a given category of wrestling competition? No wonder all Americans think women's competition in combat sports is non existent.

Buncha cavemen.

Back