• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Most divisive thing you have heard a president say

Also this isn’t even hitting the nature of why a politician being decisive is a bad thing

Divisiveness is bad when it increases the partisan divided between people, ie, when trump says dems are radical leftists who will burn out cities, then his followers believe it, and when he then calls democrats the looney left all day every day, that side of the country is alienated and plunged in resentment

so you see a material increase in violent altercations between sides, in discourse, and in protests

All of that stuff increases under Trump because he couldn’t speak or think outside of partisanship

This is weak sauce from unserious political thinkers

Do better @cottagecheesefan

Also this should be sent to the wasteland soon

Yeah, this is the most Wasteland-ready thread I can remember - there's literally nothing of value here.

And, putting yourself in the shoes of the ancestor that was (very sadly, might I add) lynched, how do you think their experience might have differed from that of Trump being told he wasn't very good at his job and not fit for office?

You know "lynch" just doesn't mean one thing, right?

You know "lynch" just doesn't mean one thing, right?

It actually does, though, doesn't it?

I sincerely hope you're not referring to derivative informal definitions in an attempt to excuse piss poor English?

You originally said that the entire speech was the most divisive thing ever said. You had an opportunity to do a funny joke and reply to my post with a video of the entire speech. Unsurprisingly, you completely fucking whiffed on it. Between this and your YLYL posts it is painfully obvious that you have the humor of a dullard.

It actually does, though, doesn't it?

I sincerely hope you're not referring to derivative informal definitions in an attempt to excuse piss poor English?

Yes, I am referencing the informal term.

The full clip exists because he said this during the same speech where he officially announced his presidential candidacy. But I'm not about to go through a hour long video and find the timestamp because you wont watch it anyways and you'll continue to deflect and act like he didn't make those comments when everyone knows he did
He was talking about ms13 members. It's been shown around this forum dozens and dozens of times. It's been widely debunked as a completely fraudulent video in the context you use it.

You originally said that the entire speech was the most divisive thing ever said. You had an opportunity to do a funny joke and reply to my post with a video of the entire speech. Unsurprisingly, you completely fucking whiffed on it. Between this and your YLYL posts it is painfully obvious that you have the humor of a dullard.

Thank you for your opinion.

Anyway, it was an hour-long speech so if I posted the entirety of it no one would listen to it, so I posted the biggest highlight of the absolute divisiveness of the speech.

Biden calling Trump & 'Ultra-MAGA Republicans' a danger to the country, who 72 million Americans voted for in 2020... basically accusing his political opponents terrorists.

That was the last time Biden's speech writers wrote for him to mention 'Ultra-MAGA' as 'dangers to the country' because his poll numbers took a dive. No doubt those of your ilk love that terminology, but the President making such Hitler-like accusations wasn't a good look, especially before mid-terms.

Why are people going to bat for Joe on this one ? Like really? Guy ran on unifying the country and sits here making up abaoloute nonsense to throw gas on the flames of racism and division. Luckily most people stopped listening to him talk nonsense and plagiarize a while ago but still, incredibly divisive , pointless , ignorant rhetoric for a president to spread. Not the hill to die on for him.

Yes, I am referencing the informal term.

So you agree with me, then. Derivative informal language can either be funny, or downright offensive.

For example, claiming your family has been 'massacred' because you were asked to pay higher taxes in a country rife with historic massacres would not be funny, it would be downright offensive.

No person of any intellect would claim to be 'lynched' by opponents with a low impression of their performance in a country with the historic background of the USA.

And of course derivative informal language isn't legitimate in terms of definitions.

He was talking about ms13 members. It's been shown around this forum dozens and dozens of times. It's been widely debunked as a completely fraudulent video in the context you use it.
MS 13 does not even come from Mexico and he was reffering to immigrants coming from Mexico, actually talking as if Mexico as a country was sending these people here. You post the quotes and full video then if you want to debunk something

Why are people going to bat for Joe on this one ? Like really? Guy ran on unifying the country and sits here making up abaoloute nonsense to throw gas on the flames of racism and division. Luckily most people stopped listening to him talk nonsense and plagiarize a while ago but still, incredibly divisive , pointless , ignorant rhetoric for a president to spread. Not the hill to die on for him.

Nah, I can point out real divisive things with measurable impact while also not defending Biden being 700 years old and a bad president

Nobody’s driving around in Biden truck caravans being obnoxious in cities and shooting paint ball guns at republicans

just kind of think about that, and you know, how Trump asked the Capitol Rioters to please go home after he told them he loved them

Lmaoooooo

Thank you for your opinion.

Anyway, it was an hour-long speech so if I posted the entirety of it no one would listen to it, so I posted the biggest highlight of the absolute divisiveness of the speech.

Biden calling Trump & 'Ultra-MAGA Republicans' a danger to the country, who 72 million Americans voted for in 2020... basically accusing his political opponents terrorists.

That was the last time Biden's speech writers wrote for him to mention 'Ultra-MAGA' as 'dangers to the country' because his poll numbers took a dive. No doubt those of your ilk love that terminology, but the President making such Hitler-like accusations wasn't a good look, especially before mid-terms.
Ok

So you agree with me, then. Derivative informal language can either be funny, or downright offensive.

For example, claiming your family has been 'massacred' because you were asked to pay higher taxes in a country rife with historic massacres would not be funny, it would be downright offensive.

No person of any intellect would claim to be 'lynched' by opponents with a low impression of their performance in a country with the historic background of the USA.

And of course derivative informal language isn't legitimate in terms of definitions.

I just don't see how it's disrespectful. Lynching isn't race specific, like everyone and yourself wanted to hear, and wasn't even used in that context.

I just don't see how it's disrespectful. Lynching isn't race specific, like everyone and yourself wanted to hear, and wasn't even used in that context.

I never said lynching was race specific, and neither did Biden.

Historic lynching in the US was largely committed on racial lines, whereas you'll still see lynching in places all over the world. Necklacing in Africa is an example of lynching, and happens today, and that's not racial.

Lynching being murder committed on assumption, often in a brutal manner, by a crowd baying for blood, isn't necessarily racist.

Pretending people don't want to lynch others is disingenuous (or alternatively, stupid).

A smart person would argue that the police have still continued to lynch people of either stripe, whether it be someone like Ashli Babbitt or Tyre Nichols (or similar), using superior numbers and an extrajudicial form of non-investigative presumptive justice, but apparently it's more important to argue about derivative informal language.

Because that's the level of intellect employed here, being employed largely by those pretending to be offended by the idea that white people specifically used to lynch black people specifically, and acknowledging that is clearly offensive.

Because that's the level of intellect employed here, being employed largely by those pretending to be offended by the idea that white people specifically used to lynch black people specifically, and acknowledging that is clearly offensive.

That last part was a piece of Biden's gimmick.

Back