Most brutal late stoppage? *Gif*

vovchanchyn-ktfo-lima-2-o.gif

Igor against Lima.

The fight is done after the first soccer kick, probably why Igor backs off a bit. But the ref doesn't stop the fight until Igor walks up BEHIND HIS OPPONENT, and karate chops the guys neck and soccer kicks him again.

It was like the ref wanted a Mortal Kombat finish.

The lesson here is...

Don't fuck with Igor.

Vovchanchyn is the shit. The KING of MMA back in the bare knuckle days.

Alex+White+++vs.+++Roy+Babcock.gif

Not super brutal, but its definitely the worst late stoppage I've ever seen. Actually the ref didn't even stop it so i don't even know if that qualifies as a late stoppage.

Holy fuck that was bad.

That ref should be fired immediately. That was complete negligence.

Barnett was well on his way to more or less just this to good ole' Frankie. He may still be bitching (is he?), but that's what was going to happen if the fight continued another 10-15 seconds with a bad ref.

God damn! Forgot about that, Jesus. Even worse because it is HW and hitting much harder.

not only is it a HW, he's gigantic and has a history of 1 shotting other HW's with baby punches.

those punches right there are like the most powerful shots i've ever seen Carwin throw.

Fuck...yeah that was bad. Stoppage was too late that's for damn sure. Kinda cringed out how Frank had that "off into the distance" look in the gif after they sit him up. You can just feel how painfully groggy he is just by looking at him.

Last edited:
It's funny because it used to be illegal under the unified rules to throw in the towel. I didn't know until the Diaz vs Thompson fight that they changed this to allow your corner to throw it in. It really made me upset that more corners didn't do this.

Do you really think the blind refs that allow homicides in the cage are going to pay attention and acknowledge a small towel in a corner of the ring?

I guess in that fight the referee lost his license

He f'n better have. That was straight up unacceptable. You could argue that if that fighter had suffered permanent damage, that ref could be held accountable in some form, even if the fighter signed a waiver limiting liability. He fucked up bad.

I loved watching Joe Warren get his ass kicked, but the more I watch that, the worse and worse it gets. I can't believe the ref let him take 40 or so unanswered power shots while stumbling all over the place and leaning up against the fence.

I don't even want to know how many years the late Lesnar and Carwin stoppages have taken off Frank's LIFE let alone his career.

The Lesnar fight wasn't that late, Frank was still trying to defend himself to some extent. The Carwin fight stoppage however was criminal, he we completely out and still got hit with like 4 bombs to the side of the head while the ref just stood there

Weidman Vs. Munoz for sure. I was shouting at the TV for Rosie to step in. My mom was in the room too and she asked me wtf the ref was doing.

came here to say cuirran/warren but damn some of these gifs are brutal

How about poor Hidehiko Yoshida, getting brutalised by Cro Cop and James Thompson in Pride? The ref was telling him to stand up and fight, despite CC having kicked his leg into pulp, and the other one he was actually dragged back to the centre of the ring to take some more punishment...

Weidman Vs. Munoz for sure. I was shouting at the TV for Rosie to step in. My mom was in the room too and she asked me wtf the ref was doing.

That made me cringe. The amount of shots Mark took was devastating.

It's funny because it used to be illegal under the unified rules to throw in the towel. I didn't know until the Diaz vs Thompson fight that they changed this to allow your corner to throw it in. It really made me upset that more corners didn't do this.

I believe its some weird rule that disqualifies your fighter if you throw anything in the ring. Its not encouraged I think but it does end the fight.

Back