Most brutal late stoppage? *Gif*

DethridgeMMA

White Belt
Reaction score
My pick has to go to Pat Curran vs Joe Warren though not UFC it has to be the most brutal IMO. Could have been stopped 2 or 3 times ESPECIALLY WHEN HE TURNED IT GOD DAMN BACK! Even watching the gif I still think, ok its being stopped now......ok its being stopped now..WTF why is this fight still going!

4.gif

UFC It is a tough choice as there is a few but I would have to say Weidman vs Munoz

3.gif

What are your picks? Post gif if you got it :icon_chee

Warren/Curran is fucking ridiculous though.

Alex+White+++vs.+++Roy+Babcock.gif

Not super brutal, but its definitely the worst late stoppage I've ever seen. Actually the ref didn't even stop it so i don't even know if that qualifies as a late stoppage.

Not super brutal. It definitely the worst late stoppage I've ever seen. Actually the ref didn't even stop it so i don't even know if that qualifies as a late stoppage.

Holy fucking shit that is just pure stupidity! Any idea of the fighters? Have not seen this one.

Not super brutal, but its definitely the worst late stoppage I've ever seen. Actually the ref didn't even stop it so i don't even know if that qualifies as a late stoppage.

Was gonna post this.

I agree with the guy who posted Andrey Koreshkov vs Marius. I feel that easily surpasses Warren/Curran because Warren was still on his feet while Marius was down and absolutely getting pounded on.

I know I am completely without good reason, and don't think it was a late stoppage after re-watching it, but I really thought at the time live that the referee was 100% going to allow Cain to literally kill bigfoot the first go round.

vovchanchyn-ktfo-lima-2-o.gif

Igor against Lima.

The fight is done after the first soccer kick, probably why Igor backs off a bit. But the ref doesn't stop the fight until Igor walks up BEHIND HIS OPPONENT, and karate chops the guys neck and soccer kicks him again.

It was like the ref wanted a Mortal Kombat finish.

The lesson here is...

Don't fuck with Igor.

curran/warren hands down
i seriously wondered if warren would get up again ...ever

I agree with the guy who posted Andrey Koreshkov vs Marius. I feel that easily surpasses Warren/Curran because Warren was still on his feet while Marius was down and absolutely getting pounded on.

the force of the blows knocking him into the fence combined with the fence itself was the only reason he was "up"

Back