Most average ufc fighter ever

Are you trying to fight me online because of my evaluation of a deceased fighter? I didn't say it out of disrespect, he was well-rounded and it made him successful, but the next generation overtook him because of it
My bad. I'm sorry dude. He's literally one of the first fighters I ever saw fight. I shouldn't have said that but he's Evan Tanner.

Forrest Griffin....no power, not technically superior on the feet or the ground, not fast or athletic but had cardio and heart.
I seen him at a gym here in vegas (LVAC)for years, he is also really fucking big for a 205er at the time, I'd say he was same size as JDS frame wise. But I agree despite his size he never had any power or explosiveness.

JeremyStephensHeroUpdated.jpg

<FookIsThatGuy>

Jeremy Stephens lost his first UFC bout to Din Thomas back at UFC 71 in 2007. His record fell to 12-2. Since then he has 16 wins, 16 losses, and 1 NC for a perfect .500 over the past 14 years. His UFC record is 15-17.

Yeah, his record is outstandingly average, but his resume is full of good names. He's beaten some solid fighters, but he loses to the top guys. His win streak over Doo Ho Choi, Emmet, and Melendez was probably his best year.

There's plenty of career-long journeymen. They make it to the UFC, which is impressive in itself, and then trade wins and losses at the top level for years, rarely fight for a title and are almost never considered contenders for any significant period of time. All around tough dudes with no signature techniques. Keith Jardine, Gleison Tibau, Clay Guida, Jim Miller, Joe Lauzon, Rick Story, etc.

Jeremy Stephens lost his first UFC bout to Din Thomas back at UFC 71 in 2007. His record fell to 12-2. Since then he has 16 wins, 16 losses, and 1 NC for a perfect .500 over the past 14 years. His UFC record is 15-17.

Yeah, his record is outstandingly average, but his resume is full of good names. He's beaten some solid fighters, but he loses to the top guys. His win streak over Doo Ho Choi, Emmet, and Melendez was probably his best year.
His uppercut from hell that landed on RDA is still my favorite punch in UFC history

Evan Tanner would literally rip his head off.

Last edited:
I dunno, I'll rattle off a few . Gsp, fedor, khabib, Connor mcgregor, anderson silva, dc, Amanda nunes.

I'm being freaking sarcastic. Those guys are the greatest that ever lived.

Back