Most authentic Puerto Rican meals?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I understand that Puerto Rican food is based on Spanish and Latin American cuisines. But is there any specific meal or a specific style of dish that is uniquely Puerto Rican?

There used to be a Puerto Rican food truck at the park I go to. Shit was fire. I'd get the Mofongo with pork. I think it had a layer of rice and beans too. They served it all in a cup like this. (without the stupid hat thing)

Attachments

• images - 2024-02-15T201808.947.jpeg
    images - 2024-02-15T201808.947.jpeg
    14 KB · Views: 0
Think we got only 1 puerto rican restaurant in French canada

1708099095049.png

Mofongo and Tostones would be two that I associate with Puerto Rico

Anything with Sazon and Adobo. One of my exes used to put that shit on literally every fucking thing. I will say it was delicious though. She was as Puerto Rican as it gets, she stabbed me in the side when I got caught cheating once.

Anything with Sazon and Adobo. One of my exes used to put that shit on literally every fucking thing. I will say it was delicious though. She was as Puerto Rican as it gets, she stabbed me in the side when I got caught cheating once.
Oh snap I came in to make a stereotypical stabbing joke but you got here before me.

Lucky, she let you live <Moves>

Mofongo is differently the most Puerto Rican dish I can think of. My mom and dad use to own a small Puerto Rican restaurant and my mom is still a cook. She catered my entire wedding for free was pretty sweet. No Puerto Rican dish holds a candle to Mangú tho. That's one thing I'll give the Dominicans over us. The wife doesn't make it nearly enough.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back