Mosely v Mora

Somebody explain to me why Mosley would beat Mora down? You guys have a lot to learn about boxing if you think Mora is some easy beat.

I just straight don't like Mora, but he has a chance. He's taller, younger, heavier individual. He take good shots and I am sure he can take Mosley shots with no problem.

Mora's game is all about outhustle. If Mosley is able to keep pace like he did against Cotto, he should be the favorite. He is foot movement and bursts of speed should overwhelm him. It's not like Mora has a great jab to fend him off.

But Mosley's defense is not great. Never has been. I expect him to get hit. Mora can't squash a fly with his punches though. Mosley is going to be landing more and take the fight with efficient workrate. That's how I see it. But I am not going to be delusional and say Mosley is a sure bet and will blow Mora out of the water. He can pull of a UD.

Keep a pace like he did v Cotto? Like, hold, stall and try to shorten the fight? Mosley was beaten real clear and had his will taken vs. Cotto, IMO. Miguel's relaxation in the final couple of rounds made a lot of people think Shane had Miguel in trouble. Not a chance.

Mora sure hurt Forrest pretty clearly. Something Mosley never came close to doing in 24 rounds, at a weight far more favourable to Shane. Mosley has never beaten a young, hungry 154 pounder. I find it odd that at age 36 he's going to find his second wind and win easily. Ha.

Keep a pace like he did v Cotto? Like, hold, stall and try to shorten the fight? Mosley was beaten real clear and had his will taken vs. Cotto, IMO. Miguel's relaxation in the final couple of rounds made a lot of people think Shane had Miguel in trouble. Not a chance.

Mora sure hurt Forrest pretty clearly. Something Mosley never came close to doing in 24 rounds, at a weight far more favourable to Shane. Mosley has never beaten a young, hungry 154 pounder. I find it odd that at age 36 he's going to find his second wind and win easily. Ha.

I am quite sure Mosley hit Cotto with body shots in 9th and 10th that slowed Cotto down. And I didn't see all this holding you were speaking of. Maybe a few times since Cotto's straight right was on the spot all night due to Mosley's lack of head movement. Cotto beat Mosley and he did it decisively. But if you think Mosley didn't try nor perform well, you are being unfair.

And never in my post did I say this fight is going to be EASY for shane. Take into account his age and deteriorating abilities, I say his chances are half and half. It all really depends on how well he has hold up at this age. At prime, this fight is no fucking question. Mora doesn't have the boxing skills to fend Mosley off. He eats him alive.

mosley 4 years ago takes this, right now its a pickem; he is no longer physically dominant enough to walk through opp, esp big and strong ones.

mora may not be physical or particularly powertful; but he is the bigger man to be honest, shane won't muscle him. An when shane can't run u over he does not look good or win even; he couldn't walk through wright or forrest and got punished out worked and outboxed.

an while mosley is fast in spots and busy in spots he isn't that offensive dynamo; to beat mora he has to consistently apply pressure, which is hard enough considering that herky jerky staccatto style of mora's. An especially diff when u lack the stamina and xconsistent explosiveness to press him, wear him down.

i think mora is too big, an NOW too confident and awkward; i would rather see oscar fight sergio, it is BIGGER MONEY AND I KNOW OSCAR WINS IT.

IMO

Both Wright and Forrest have great jabs. GREAT boxing skills in their prime. Mora does not. Without it, Mosley should able to get his offense going. But I agree in that Mosley is not that explosive machine he used to be. He cannot consistently explode at the right time and get off combinations. I can see Mosley getting outhustled in the long stretch. Just like he did against Oscar the first time around. And Mora being mora natural for the weight should be able to deal with his punches. He has a good chin.

I am quite sure Mosley hit Cotto with body shots in 9th and 10th that slowed Cotto down. And I didn't see all this holding you were speaking of. Maybe a few times since Cotto's straight right was on the spot all night due to Mosley's lack of head movement. Cotto beat Mosley and he did it decisively. But if you think Mosley didn't try nor perform well, you are being unfair.

And never in my post did I say this fight is going to be EASY for shane. Take into account his age and deteriorating abilities, I say his chances are half and half. It all really depends on how well he has hold up at this age. At prime, this fight is no fucking question. Mora doesn't have the boxing skills to fend Mosley off. He eats him alive.

My advice to you, is to watch the Cotto v Mosley fight again and count the holds. Mosley did absolutely nothing to Cotto in that fight that "slowed Cotto down".

I never said Shane didn't try. I said he had his will taken and it lead him to give an effort typical with a guy trying to limit the amount of damage he's suffering...not win the fight at all costs.

A prime Mosley never fought @ 154 and the fight he has had there, he's a .500 fighter. There is no version of Shane Mosley that has yet existed that wins this fight easily.

mosley 4 years ago takes this, right now its a pickem; he is no longer physically dominant enough to walk through opp, esp big and strong ones.

mora may not be physical or particularly powertful; but he is the bigger man to be honest, shane won't muscle him. An when shane can't run u over he does not look good or win even; he couldn't walk through wright or forrest and got punished out worked and outboxed.

an while mosley is fast in spots and busy in spots he isn't that offensive dynamo; to beat mora he has to consistently apply pressure, which is hard enough considering that herky jerky staccatto style of mora's. An especially diff when u lack the stamina and xconsistent explosiveness to press him, wear him down.

i think mora is too big, an NOW too confident and awkward; i would rather see oscar fight sergio, it is BIGGER MONEY AND I KNOW OSCAR WINS IT.

IMO

I rather not see oscar fight mora. I want to see Oscar fight Cotto or Margarito.

My advice to you, is to watch the Cotto v Mosley fight again and count the holds. Mosley did absolutely nothing to Cotto in that fight that "slowed Cotto down".

I never said Shane didn't try. I said he had his will taken and it lead him to give an effort typical with a guy trying to limit the amount of damage he's suffering...not win the fight at all costs.

A prime Mosley never fought @ 154 and the fight he has had there, he's a .500 fighter. There is no version of Shane Mosley that has yet existed that wins this fight easily.

Given Mora's technical and physical ability, Mosley would have worked Mora when he was younger at 154. He wouldn't have knocked him out, but he would have taking the win.

I like to roll back and watch his fights with Peter Manfredo. Manfredo deserved the win the last time they fought. He outhustled Mora. A slow, not overly impressive Manfredo out fought Mora. Yeah, I am confident in saying the Mosley that fought De la hoya at 154 would beat Mora. Shitty defense, weak technical skills. Whole game depends awkward body movement and workrate. But if you can keep up with him, you have a chance at beating him.

Breaking news, Mora vs Mosley, October 11th at the Staples Center

Golden Boy and Mosley wants it to happen, but I doubt it will happen. At least not this year. Forrest has a rematch clause and he seem bent on taking a rematch immediately.

Mora HAS techical AND physical ability. Guys who just try hard don't beat Vernon Forrest, even at this stage of his career.

ANd yeah, Manfredo did deserve the win last time they fought. But you know what? Manfredo is campainigng sucessfully @ 168. Mora 14 pounds less. Make of that what you will. Nothing more needs to be said about it.

Shitty defense? Weak technical skills? Oh, I sense a bet sometime in the future.

Somebody explain to me why Mosley would beat Mora down? You guys have a lot to learn about boxing if you think Mora is some easy beat.

It's because most people hate Mora, but yeah I agree with you, I can't see Shane at this point in his career just steam rolling Mora.

Thats exactly the response I wanted. Most people hate Mora. Myself included. That doesn't mean that he can't fight though and that was decisively proven on the weekend, when he beat a 5-1 favourite in Vernon Forrest....a guy who owns Shane Mosley.

its a big name on his ledger; but mosly isn't what he used to be or thought of as highly as he used to be, im sure mora wants oscar and maybe if he beats mosley cleanly he can get oscar

Why the fuck do you keep saying that? I never said the fight would be easy for shane nor did I say he would steamroll him.

Manfredo doing great at 168? Who did he beat to prove that? Joey "Got to shake the cob webs out of my head" Spina? Scott "I'm so shot from too many wars" Pemberton? Please... He couldn't get off when he fought a gun shy, passive Lacy. Joe Cal straight embarrassed him.

Why the fuck do you keep saying that? I never said the fight would be easy for shane nor did I say he would steamroll him.

Manfredo doing great at 168? Who did he beat to prove that? Joey "Got to shake the cob webs out of my head" Spina? Scott "I'm so shot from too many wars" Pemberton? Please... He couldn't get off when he fought a gun shy, passive Lacy. Joe Cal straight embarrassed him.

Did I quote you in my first post in this thread, where I made reference to the fact that lots of people think Mosley beats Mora easily? No, I did not. You replied and stated you thought differently. My point was never one directed at you, it was you that decided to take up the slack.

What I have a problem with now, is your belief that Mora's skills suck.

I thought Manfredo beat Lacy in a fight nobody thought he had a chance in. He also beat Scott Pemberton in a fight nobody thought he had a chance in. He's doing fine and will get more chances at the big time in the future.

Calzaghe has embarrassed a lot of people. Remind me when its an embarrassment losing to arguably the #1 fighter in the sport.

I'm over this debate with you.

Wooo....

The Lacy fight was closer than it should have been. It was Lacy's lack of aggression. Could be his shoulder, could be his cracked mental game, but whatever it is... Manfredo didn't push the envelope and take advantage of the situation. Despite how close you felt the fight was. It was his fight to lose. If he wanted it, he should have fucking taken it.

And I was never delusional in thinking Scott was some kind of great contender to begin with. His rise came from beating another raw brawler on ESPN. Their styles made the fight look good. He's a C fighter with power.

I don't disagree on Pemberton, but it doesn't change the fact that people have changed their opinion on him after he's lost fights he was a favourite in, not before.

Back