• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies MORTAL KOMBAT 2021 (Premieres April 23, 2021)

If you have seen MORTAL KOMBAT (2021), how would you rate it?

• Total voters
It's so weird how the beginning of the movie is so awesome and cool looking - but the rest of it is just kind of schlocky fun. Both Sub Zero and Scorpion were so bad ass.

Overall enjoyable movie. But prefer the 1996 version.

But man was the main character dull AF.

Liked the beginning and end, didn't care much for the middle, because Cole. Hated what they did with Reptile, but it's almost to be expected nowadays. The gigantic piss off, is what happened to Goro.

They made Sub Zero almost god-like, which is actually kinda cool, but the sub-boss for MK1, was reduced to cannon fodder for the new character, that no one gives a shit about. Let that sink in for a minute.

I wish there was more Scorpion and Sub Zero without the masks. Those guys were both great, I loved the opening scene. I thought it was cool how they released that scene on YouTube before the movie came out, I watched it and right away I was pretty excited to catch the rest of the movie. More movies should do that.

Overall it was about what I expected from a MK movie, bit of a mess but fun and lots of gore. Can't wait for the sequel.

178498098_4220668304650080_6874940689216525284_n.jpg

I liked it, but wtf is this mouthbreather mma shit in my Mortal Kombat movie?

It was okay. Had some cool moments, good gore like Mortal Kombat is supposed to have (fuck you 1995 movie), cheesy acting and music, silly story. Overall I liked it just enough to not call it ‘meh’ but I don’t think it’s good enough to ever rewatch.

Not great, not terrible. Definitely better than expected in the end.

That was a fun movie. They better make a sequel just for the Johnny Cage tease at the end. My daughters 13 and she thought it was cool.

You should show her the 1995 movie sometime.

I'd be interested in hearing which one she likes more.

Last edited:
It felt a little rushed, and definitely cheesy but I came into it expecting the cheese lol

I loved it tho, really enjoyed the old one and the new one.. they would have to butcher a MK movie pretty bad for me not to like it tho to be fair.

kano killed it lol he was cracking me up

oh also, check out the animated movie scorpions revenge if u haven’t seen it, it’s great!

First hour or so the movie was utter ass. But the last hour was fun. And yes, it felt pretty rushed.

Could have been perfect if they eliminated the cole character and focused on the established characters.

I didn’t realize Cole wasn’t an established character while watching, I didn’t recognize the guy with the hammer or the girl with the wings either. Figured all three joined the series after I stoped playing the games in the 90s.

Watched last night. Definitely a Meh...
Cheesy, but had some good action.

How Scorpion says “get over here” then speaks in Chinese the rest of the scene.

I understand the Scorpion gripe about the English (I personally didn't care, the source material is all over the place) but the butthurt of him not saying "Get over here!" would have been torches and pitchforks from a huge amount of fans.

Back