Moregaragedateswithnatesplates

Why does the extra cushion help you move more weight? Unless it's a fair trade off. Scale weight goes down, plate weights go down, body weight reps go up.

Why does the extra cushion help you move more weight? Unless it's a fair trade off. Scale weight goes down, plate weights go down, body weight reps go up.
You get more bounce, less range of motion, etc. only thing that goes down for fat dudes is deadlifts because you can't bend over the beach ball,

Adding here that perhaps there is more action potential on a muscle that’s loaded with glycogen

Even at 5-10lbs body fluctuation, weight starts feeling different. Figured it was lack of calories just not having the same energy.

I can practically use how light or heavy a lift feels as a body weight scale at this point. If I feel "strong" I know my weight is up.
I am pretty sure this has to do with leverage and all lifts being a type of lever. It is why powerlifting/olympic records are as they are by weight class and it is so rare to see a record jump a weight class.
I have never found a really satisfying explanation of the mechanics involved though. It is not intuitive at all why body weight would matter so much on something like bench press.

Even at 5-10lbs body fluctuation, weight starts feeling different. Figured it was lack of calories just not having the same energy.

Had to watch it just to figure out WTF it was in the thumbnail. That one must have a specific audience, it takes a chunk of space to hold plates.

Had to watch it just to figure out WTF it was in the thumbnail. That one must have a specific audience, it takes a chunk of space to hold plates.
If I had a commercial CrossFit gym it could make sense. Roll bumpers from spot to spot. Outdoor stuff too. Otherwise yeah.

Is the audio better? Seems loud enough on my phone.

If I had a commercial CrossFit gym it could make sense. Roll bumpers from spot to spot. Outdoor stuff too. Otherwise yeah.

Is the audio better? Seems loud enough on my phone.
Plenty clear now. Had volume around normal range and could still hear you away from camera.

So glad you held those DBs when he was demonstrating.

What type of slide rail is it on? The single moon slider with holes or a solid bar in the middle?

So glad you held those DBs when he was demonstrating.

What type of slide rail is it on? The single moon slider with holes or a solid bar in the middle?
Slider. It’s all metal too. This one is a damned fine bench. I’ll show my other one soon. Probably do some bars again and a rack

Sold my soul and worked out at a commercial gym for the first time in years. Goddamn forgot why it sucks so bad. Bench is too narrow and slick. Made it work but not a fan. Should’ve just done incline where it matters less. The old tear in my supraspinatus makes narrow benches painful but if I’m extremely careful I can do it. Then onto incline dumbbell. No inclines available. Let’s and a phone in front of a bench with nobody there. Asked if anyone was there or if the guys had seen anyone using it. Of course it’s a woman in yoga pants and a tank top talking to a guy in the opposite corner. Guy offers to let me work in with him so I did. This cunt rocket comes over and does lateral raises between two of the benches. That’s why her stuff is there. You can do lateral raises in the parking lot. Why take up two benches that you aren’t even using. I waited a bit then sat down and started pressing. She moved back. At least she can take a hint.

this gym has a giant play zone for kids so it works out great to take them there and they have improved their equipment so leg day is possible there and so is back day. I think chest day is going to be a home game though. New videos coming soon. Everyone has been fucking sick at my house and I got two teeth yanked. Good to go until march when I get implants for my teeth.

Sold my soul and worked out at a commercial gym for the first time in years. Goddamn forgot why it sucks so bad.

We need to think of something for you to atone for your sins........ letting the home gym crew down.....

Bells of steel bars showing up at auction. Hopefully this trend continues

Back