More on Waxy Maize

Justin,

Thanks for posting. I attended the ELITE seminar this weekend- you did a tremendous job presenting the material on Saturday. It was an experience of a lifetime.

The information pertaining to molecular weights of amino acids and WM in this thread supplemented what I learned this weekend very nicely.

I have a significant amount of pictures and videos of yourself and Matt training on Sunday, which I will be emailing to Matt once I figure out how to properly use a computer (or get help from someone who knows haha). If you'd like I can send them your way, also.

Yeah, tell Matt to send them over, that'd be great.

Hope you didn't get any shots of me almost breaking my skull on bench....lol

Fatty, shut the hell up man, if you don't like the way I type its not my problem. I open to new ways of thinking. At one point I was a HIgh GI insulin guy, I learned everything from someone that knew more than me at some point. If you don't like it, tough shit.

How about the fact that i don't like the way you post, and that it is your problem. You want to keep being an asshole to everyone? just let me know now and we can both save time typing and get things overwith... i've never been a big fan foreplay

Fine standard go ahead. Let morons continue to post bull shit. I am not talking about this thread. Fact of the matter is my posts help keep non scientific bull shit from coming out, and ripping people off. Or the fact that I post a ton of information here that I don't care if people read or not, but some people learn from it. Mike, Monger, etc. You want to ban me do it, dont bark if you aren't going to bite. Look at all my posts under this name, how many am I being a asshole in? Give me a break. I love the whole tattle tale mentality.

Was I really that abrasive in my request for you to chill out to elicit that response? I respect your nutrition/supplementation knowledge as much as I do anyone on this forum. Your mention of you being a high GI guy is irrelevant, as I was not referring to the content of your posts at all.

All I'm saying is you have the tone of a major cocksucker when you start questioning someone

I have a question on a point Vedic has brought up a couple of times. You say that if your diet is good throughout the day, rapid uptake of carbs PWO shouldn't be an issue. Although I don't have a great understanding of the science behind all this, I can see your point on this for those who workout in the afternoon or evening. What about people, like myself, who workout shortly after waking up? Diet throughout the day isn't going to help me much if I'm at the gym an hour or so after I wake up...or is it?
Justin, Mike, or anyone else who understands this better than me (read:most everyone) feel free to chime in also.

Fine standard go ahead. Let morons continue to post bull shit. I am not talking about this thread. Fact of the matter is my posts help keep non scientific bull shit from coming out, and ripping people off. Or the fact that I post a ton of information here that I don't care if people read or not, but some people learn from it. Mike, Monger, etc. You want to ban me do it, dont bark if you aren't going to bite. Look at all my posts under this name, how many am I being a asshole in? Give me a break. I love the whole tattle tale mentality.

I never said a damn thing about the quality of your posts now did i? that didn't seem to be any issue that i ever raised with your posts, or the issue that anyone else has. You want to post information on the board feel free to do so, no one will complain about that and we may just be better off for it. Just step of your damn high horse when you do it, if your looking for a soap box to spout off how great you are by putting everyone else down then you've found the wrong place. This is a discussion board and if you still haven't learned that a discussion doesn't involve insulting everyone else even when they haven't argued with you then you should probably keep looking for that soap box.

Ronin,

You can still get benefit from a pre/during work out drink. It will get your blood relatively high in glucose and aminos which will still be elevated when you finish your WO. From there you should be able to have a WF meal made up of lean protein and some carbs.

Vedic, I don't think this is an isolated instance of a few posts being misinterpreted. Quite a few of your posts come off as crass. You obviously know a shit load about nutrition and training and obviously work in the field at a high level if I recall correctly, but a bit more tact would get your points across better. You might be a laid back easy going guy, but you don't do a great job of conveying that with your posts all the time.

I never said a damn thing about the quality of your posts now did i? that didn't seem to be any issue that i ever raised with your posts, or the issue that anyone else has. You want to post information on the board feel free to do so, no one will complain about that and we may just be better off for it. Just step of your damn high horse when you do it, if your looking for a soap box to spout off how great you are by putting everyone else down then you've found the wrong place. This is a discussion board and if you still haven't learned that a discussion doesn't involve insulting everyone else even when they haven't argued with you then you should probably keep looking for that soap box.

I don't have a soap box, and as I said to Justin, I apologize if he felt slighted by it as that was not my intention. I don't think I am great. I still take courses to educate myself. Frankly I think its great that he and Dave came over to post. Its a good thing for everyone.

So, Monger, you're saying I should drink something other than water pre/periWO? I guess I could do that. I recently quit drinking anything but water & protein shakes though.

I generally get up, eat a quick breakfast of steel-cut oats (prepared the night before) and fruit before going to the gym. My next WF meal isn't for a couple hours cause I rush home after the gym to shower and leave for work. Depending on what's going on at work when I get there it may be a couple hours before I have time for a WF meal and sometimes just down another shake when I get there.

I'm just wondering if WM would be more beneficial in a PWO drink for those of us whose day doesn't really start till after, since diet throughout the day prior to working out is pretty much non-existant.

Vedic, I don't think this is an isolated instance of a few posts being misinterpreted. Quite a few of your posts come off as crass. You obviously know a shit load about nutrition and training and obviously work in the field at a high level if I recall correctly, but a bit more tact would get your points across better. You might be a laid back easy going guy, but you don't do a great job of conveying that with your posts all the time.
I will plead guilty to that.:icon_lol:

I have but one thing to say.

Vedic takes it up the butt. Zop told me so.

However some things I am smarter than most about. Just like Keith is more knolwedgeable about PL than me.

Smarter than most? OK:rolleyes: This just shows pure arrogance.

Keith never comes off as an asshole.

I have a good knowledge of nutrition. I am horrible at english. Etc etc. Not saying I am elite either.

But thanks for assuming to know me.

I have a good knowledge of nutrition. I am horrible at english. Etc etc. Not saying I am elite either.

But thanks for assuming to know me.

I wasn't critiquing your english. I was commenting on your claim, "some things I am smarter than most about." How do you feel that you are smarter than most regarding nutrition? Do you have some kind of inside information that nobody else has?

As for assuming to know you. I don't think I want to know you. Apparently you were banned previously under a different name.

I don't think it's arrogant to say one is smarter than most about nutrition.

Justin - thanks for the analogy you posted a couple of pages back. When I started to read it I thought it seemed stupid! lol - but then it made total sense!. Thanks for explaining it in a simple and easy way to understand.

I was commenting on your claim, "some things I am smarter than most about."

"Most" is a relative term and regardless of what Vedic meant with its use, it could easily have been no more than a bad choice of words on his part or a bad interpretation on yours. I see your point but at the same time... see no reason to make a big deal about it. In all honesty, Vedic is more knowledgeable than most of the common public when it comes to nutrition. In fact, I'd say quite a few posters here are more knowledgeable than the common public when it comes to nutrition. It's not like his statement is false.

Justin,

I'd also like to thank you for stopping by and voicing your opinion along with giving some more detailed information on the topic. That was very cool of you.

Back