More impressive win resume than Dan Henderson?

Randy Couture

James Toney
Mark Coleman
Gabriel Gonzaga
Tim Sylvia
Vitor Belfort 2x
Tito Ortiz
Chuck Liddell
Pedro Rizzo
Tsuyoshi Kosaka
Kevin Randleman
Maurice Smith

Anderson:

Sakurai
Henderson
Franklin x2
Bonnar (if we're throwing Bonnar shit now)
Leben (ranked at the time? had a nice record)
Nate Maquardt
Chael Sonnen x2
Okami
Belfort
Griffin
Diaz (overturned)
Maia

Shogun

Disclaimer: I don't like Shogun and think he's probably the most over rated fighter ever, but there's no denying the names on his resume.

Lil Nog 2x
Forrest Griffin
Lyoto Machida
Chuck Liddell
Mark Coleman
Kevin Randleman
Alistair Overeem 2x
Ricardo Arona
Rampage Jackson

That is a great resume but I'll just say his wins over reem were well enforce the horse meat lol and chuck and Coleman were both well past their primes. Plus Hendo beat him twice so I say his resume is better

Machida's win list is not bad

Rashad Evans
Dan Henderson
Thiago Silva
Gegard Mousasi
Mark Munoz
Rich Franklin
BJ Penn
Tito Ortiz
Randy Couture
Ryan Bader
Stephan Bonnar

Jon Jones probably has the best right now

DC
Glover
Gus
Chael
Vitor
Rashad
Machida
Rampage
Bader
Shogun

Don't forget Shogun for Machida. Regardless of how you think the fight *should* have went. Let's not forget why Henderson is called "Decision Dan".

Let's not forget his last win came at 44 years old. I know it wasn't a top guy but that still counts for something.

Let's not forget why Henderson is called "Decision Dan".

Every win Dans has had since 2009's fight with Bisbing has been. KO or TKO except the Shogun decision which is widely regarded as one of the top 5 fights in MMA history.

"Decision" Dan hasn't been around for years

That is a great resume but I'll just say his wins over reem were well enforce the horse meat lol and chuck and Coleman were both well past their primes. Plus Hendo beat him twice so I say his resume is better

Again, I think he's totally over rated. I think half of the names on all these posts are not great wins. I'm just assuming that name value is what counts to most people when looking at a resume.

TS left off half of Henderson significant wins. Here is his full list of wins:

Fedor E
Big Nog
Wanderlei Silva
Shogun Rua 2x
Vitor Belfort
Rich Franklin
Murilo Bustamante 2x
Allan Goes
Carlos Newton
Gilbert Yvel
Renato Sobral 2x
Rafael Cavalcante
Michael Bisping
Rousimar Palharas
Kazuhiro Nakamura
Ninja Rua
Yuki Kondo
Renzo Gracie

That makes 10 champions he beat along with 6 divisional GOATs.

You still left off Renzo and Kazuo Misaki (who himself has wins over Hendo, Denis Kang and Joe Riggs).

Hendo is the man for sure.

God dammit, last post pushed me into yellow belt. Only took me 8.5 years. Was hoping to stay white belt forever. Now I might as well try for 250 posts so I can have an avatar.

God dammit, last post pushed me into yellow belt. Only took me 8.5 years. Was hoping to stay white belt forever. Now I might as well try for 250 posts so I can have an avatar.

Your still on your first account? Kudos

Your still on your first account? Kudos

Actually, I think this is like my 2nd or 3rd account. Have been a lurker since like 2002 or so and made several troll accounts, but this is the only one I still have the password for. I'm not even sure WTF "fruta" is supposed to be.

Big Nog (former champions starred):

Mark Coleman*
Heath Herring
Dan Henderson*
Ricco Rodriguez*
Mirko Cro Cop (if SF champs count, does CC's PRIDE GP count?)
Sergei Kharitonov
Fabr

Jon Jones has the best resume period.
Dan Henderson is awesome I've been counting him out as of late glad he's been proving me wrong.

Dan Henderson's win list might just be the best out there, at least in the top 2-3 all time. He beat 7 former champions.

What do you guys think? Would you put anyone else's win list above his? Who else's resume deserves to be in the top 5

Former Champions Starred (*)
Fedor*
Shogun*
Wand *
Belfort*
Lil Nog
Rich Franklin*
Michael Bisbing
Rouismar Palhares*
Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante*
Gilbert Yvel

dan-henderson.jpg

And who can forget he also gave us this:

10000792.gif

When did Dan beat Lil Nog?

The only fight I remember between them was the one where Dan taps out to an armbar.

Dan was a great fighter but he was also one of the luckiest ones.

The Fedor stoppage was premature.

The first Shogun fight was a gift decision or at the very least a draw. In the second one he was getting owned until the hail mary punch.

He got a ton of gift decisions, like vs Ninja, Arona, Franklin.

The Belfort he beat was a shell of himself. TRT Vitor torched TRT Dan like a blunt.

Again, a great fighter but he had a lot of luck too.

Machida's win list is not bad

Rashad Evans
Dan Henderson
Thiago Silva
Gegard Mousasi
Mark Munoz
Rich Franklin
BJ Penn
Tito Ortiz
Randy Couture
Ryan Bader
Stephan Bonnar

Jon Jones probably has the best right now

DC
Glover
Gus
Chael
Vitor
Rashad
Machida
Rampage
Bader
Shogun
Jones sounds amazing on paper and is loaded with star power then you watch the fights and see in 90% of the fights you listed he has a comical size and strength advantage.

Dan has the GOAT list of wins BUT GSP has a GOAT resume overall.

GSP

Hughes x2
BJ x2
Condit
Hendrix
Sherk
Kos x2
Fitch
Alves
Shields

Back