More impressive win resume than Dan Henderson?

ForbiddenSun

The VP
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dan Henderson's win list might just be the best out there, at least in the top 2-3 all time. He beat 7 former champions.

What do you guys think? Would you put anyone else's win list above his? Who else's resume deserves to be in the top 5

Former Champions Starred (*)
Fedor*
Shogun*
Wand *
Belfort*
Lil Nog
Rich Franklin*
Michael Bisbing
Rouismar Palhares*
Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante*
Gilbert Yvel

dan-henderson.jpg

And who can forget he also gave us this:

10000792.gif

Last edited:
for old school fans, he's fought guys that fought everyone. Dan Henderson has faced almost everyone with a name. I don't think you can beat his list

Carlos Newton
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
Renato Sobral
Murilo Rua
Renzo Gracie
Akira Shoji
Yuki Kondo
Murilo Bustamante
Kazuhiro Nakamura
Ryo Chonan
Akihiro Gono
Kazuo Misaki
Vitor Belfort
Rich Franklin
Rafael Cavalcante

You forgot a few...namely Fedor

Anderson, GSP, Fedor and Jones are rivals, but Henderson has a more impressive resume of losses as well so he's not really up there.

I got bashed to hell years ago for saying something like this. When you write out the list of top names, it looks pretty great

one of my all time favorites for sure

Hendo gives no fucks about how big you are....H-Bombs will be thrown

Last edited:
Not only my all time favorite fighter but my favorite athlete, period.

That said, I love that every time someone posts this type of thread they feel the need to extend the list with Cavalcante. That is not a legendary victory. His top win is, what?... King Mo? The way Dan reversed a takedown attempt and wound up putting the champ away was awesome - I just don't consider him to be a great footnote of an opponent.

His knockout of Bustamante, now.... That was something.

Machida's win list is not bad

Rashad Evans
Dan Henderson
Thiago Silva
Gegard Mousasi
Mark Munoz
Rich Franklin
BJ Penn
Tito Ortiz
Randy Couture
Ryan Bader
Stephan Bonnar

Jon Jones probably has the best right now

DC
Glover
Gus
Chael
Vitor
Rashad
Machida
Rampage
Bader
Shogun

The fact that he is 44 and still in the ufc is super impressive

One of best ever

One of the all time greats 100%, he's one of my favorites but he happened to beat my 2 favorite fighters in Shogun and Fedor. The bastard.

Dan is my favorite fighter of all time. His willingness to fight anyone in any weight class is something you don't see to often. Especially now that Saku and Minowa are retired.

That said, I love that every time someone posts this type of thread they feel the need to extend the list with Cavalcante. That is not a legendary victory. His top win is, what?... King Mo? The way Dan reversed a takedown attempt and wound up putting the champ away was awesome - I just don't consider him to be a great footnote of an opponent.

Feijao was the Strikeforce LHW champ so it's worth mentioning and when Dan beat him Feijao was a heavy favorite

As far as level of competition goes, Dan Henderson has the greatest resume of any MMA fighter.

That said, I love that every time someone posts this type of thread they feel the need to extend the list with Cavalcante. That is not a legendary victory. His top win is, what?... King Mo?

He's one of these highly-rated by proxy kind of guys. King Mo was highly rated after wrestling down Mousasi, and then Calvacante got highly rated for beating King Mo. However, it turns out King Mo wasn't really that good in the first place, but Calvacante still retained his status for beating him when he was hyped. I'ts kind off the same thing as back when Tim Sylvia was highly rated for beating Arlovski who was highly rated for beating Tim Sylvia who was hihgly rated for beating...

Shogun

Disclaimer: I don't like Shogun and think he's probably the most over rated fighter ever, but there's no denying the names on his resume.

Lil Nog 2x
Forrest Griffin
Lyoto Machida
Chuck Liddell
Mark Coleman
Kevin Randleman
Alistair Overeem 2x
Ricardo Arona
Rampage Jackson

He has one of the best resumes, but I think Jon Jones is right there as well.

Jon Jones:

Stephan Bonnar
Brandon Vera
Vladimar Matyshenko
Bader
Shogun
Machida
Evans
Rampage
Belfort
Chael
Gus
Daniel Cormier

Henderson is a Hall of Famer for certain, another impressive list i will post below.

Ant

Jake Shields

Shields is probably underrated.

Damien Maia
Tyron Woodley
Martin Kampmann
Dan Henderson
Jason Miller
Robbie Lawler
Paul Daley
Carlos Condit
Yushin Okami

TS left off half of Henderson significant wins. Here is his full list of wins:

Fedor E
Big Nog
Wanderlei Silva
Shogun Rua 2x
Vitor Belfort
Rich Franklin
Murilo Bustamante 2x
Allan Goes
Carlos Newton
Gilbert Yvel
Renato Sobral 2x
Rafael Cavalcante
Michael Bisping
Rousimar Palharas
Kazuhiro Nakamura
Ninja Rua
Yuki Kondo
Renzo Gracie

That makes 10 champions he beat along with 6 divisional GOATs.

Back