More impressive win resume than Dan Henderson?

I think most fans understand that Dan has a lethal right hand. The problem is he's sat back and relied on it his whole career. When he wins it's because of the right, when he loses it's also because of the right.

Dan's one of everyone's favorites and proved he can step in and beat the best in the world on any given night, but when the right doesn't land he has no answer.

maybe if he fought Anderson again, then he could add that name to the list

Just looking at wins his resume is very hard to top. Someone mentioned Jones

DC,
Gus,
Vitor,
Shogun,
Machida,
Rampage,
Rashad,
Chael,
Glover

and all in a single win streak/title reign is outstanding. Best win streak ever!

Not an active fighter but GSP resume

Karo Parisyan
Mayhem Miller
Frank Trigg
Sean Sherk
BJ Penn x2
Matt Hughes x2
Josh Koscheck x2
Jon Fitch
Nick Diaz
Jake Shields
Carlos Condit
Johnny Hendricks
Thiago Alves

Robbie lawler resume

Chris Lytle
Frank Trigg
Ninja Rua
Scott Smith
Melvin Manhoef
Matt lindland
Rory Mcdonald x2
Josh Koscheck
Matt Brown
Johnny Hendricks

Not saying its more impressive then any other fighter
I just wanted to type it out

Dan has a great resume of fighters beat. But I wouldnt say its the best resume, guys like Big Nog, Jones, Shogun, Machida, have just as good

Big Nog, GSP, Jones best resumes of all time (when u actually look at the context of the win not just the name)

Jon bones jones I like hendo but he was on trt.

Dan Henderson's win list might just be the best out there, at least in the top 2-3 all time. He beat 7 former champions.

Depends how easily-impressed you are by the tag "former champion".

For example note how Jon Jones ran through a bunch of "former champions" but has generally had a tougher time with the non-former champions he's fought. Some gullible folks even consider his victory over Vitor impressive just because Vitor was a "former champion", when in reality it had been 8 years since Vitor held the belt and he hadn't even fought a LHW opponent for 5 years and was 4-5 in his last 9 in that division. Gus, DC and Glover were far tougher tests than Vitor, but clueless goobers salivate over the Vitor win just because is has a cute tag on it.

So the "former champion" tag is goofily overrated generally speaking, since it often fails to take into account the true quality of opposition. Most of the time it feels more like a case of celebrity-worship than anything resembling a discerning eye for quality.

Big Nog, GSP, Jones best resumes of all time (when u actually look at the context of the win not just the name)

When you look at the context of Jones's wins they're less impressive, not more.

Shogun: 3-2 and off a long surgery layoff.
Rampage: Only a 2-win streak and exposed as having shithouse wrestling defense.
Machida: 1-2 and the win was over a 48yo Randy who hadn't been relevant for years.
Vitor: Zero LHW opponents for 5 years, 4-5 in the division at the time.
Chael: One LHW opponent in 10 years and that was a 2nd round loss, 3-5 in the division at the time.

Jones is absolutely the most fun fighter on the planet to watch, but he's had a bunch of Big Name Softballs in there, that's for sure. It's not his fault he's always been part of a weak, shallow division, but it is a fact.

GSP though? Dude fought almost nobody who was on less than a 3-fight win streak. When context is considered his resume smashes Jones's into oblivion.

lol no

fedor-kod_h_GIFSoupHDcom.gif

TWO INTERESTING THINGS :

1. The footage is ALWAYS in slow motion. So it seems like he is on the ground longer.

2. NO ONE mentions the illegal shots. NO ONE.

He never goes completely out. His left hand immediately starts going up after he hits the ground.

Just when he picks his hand up BOOOOOM, the first illegal shot hits him, followed by an equally illegal second shot.

he beat most of them using trt ..would be even if his opponents were allowed to use it too

TWO INTERESTING THINGS :

1. The footage is ALWAYS in slow motion. So it seems like he is on the ground longer.

2. NO ONE mentions the illegal shots. NO ONE.

He never goes completely out. His left hand immediately starts going up after he hits the ground.

Just when he picks his hand up BOOOOOM, the first illegal shot hits him, followed by an equally illegal second shot.

the illegal shots where mentioned
there are 2 punches that you can question
The first punch "might" have hit the back of the head
but the second punch was clean

you gotta ask youself at the end of the end in the heat of a fight are you really going to shit breaks over 1 illegal punch? No you're not

the illegal shots where mentioned
there are 2 punches that you can question
The first punch "might" have hit the back of the head
but the second punch was clean

you gotta ask youself at the end of the end in the heat of a fight are you really going to shit breaks over 1 illegal punch? No you're not

That is a finishing blow like any other. When its illegal its illegal. It makes all the difference.

When I saw the fight live (at home ofc :) ) , I jumped up immediately thinking OH SHIT, Herb is going to DQ Hendo.

If you are one of those people that think that illegal shots are OK, then we don't have much to discuss to be honest.

Cause Fedor could have reigned a storm of illegal blows to the back of the head just 2 seconds before he got knocked down. He didn't. He was looking for an opening.

That is a finishing blow like any other. When its illegal its illegal. It makes all the difference.

When I saw the fight live (at home ofc :) ) , I jumped up immediately thinking OH SHIT, Herb is going to DQ Hendo.

If you are one of those people that think that illegal shots are OK, then we don't have much to discuss to be honest.

Cause Fedor could have reigned a storm of illegal blows to the back of the head just 2 seconds before he got knocked down. He didn't. He was looking for an opening.

He actually did hit Dan with a couple of illegal shots.

Fedor dropped on his face and was slowly coming too when you see his hand moving. The following shots helped wake him up. One or two shots might have landed on the back of his hand but one or two might have landed on the side of his head. Either way, Fedor was already out and not defending himself.

He's one of these highly-rated by proxy kind of guys. King Mo was highly rated after wrestling down Mousasi, and then Calvacante got highly rated for beating King Mo. However, it turns out King Mo wasn't really that good in the first place, but Calvacante still retained his status for beating him when he was hyped. I'ts kind off the same thing as back when Tim Sylvia was highly rated for beating Arlovski who was highly rated for beating Tim Sylvia who was hihgly rated for beating...

Dear god, shut up!! Do you want to send us all into a vortex of circular logic?? Sherdog can't even capacitate regular logic!!

Hendo might have the most impressive single resume given his indifference to weight classes. Jones is another contender. His win list is murderer's row of legends. I'd say they're the top two.

Werdum's resume is also pretty impressive: Aleks, Fedor, Overeem, Big Nog, Browne, Hunt, Cain.

Also, let's not forget about Werdum's stablemate RDA: Bendo, Cerrone, Nate and Pettis is a murderer's row.

He actually did hit Dan with a couple of illegal shots.

Fedor dropped on his face and was slowly coming too when you see his hand moving. The following shots helped wake him up. One or two shots might have landed on the back of his hand but one or two might have landed on the side of his head. Either way, Fedor was already out and not defending himself.

Why not allow stomping or soccer kicks then. Just one or two, you know, at the end of the fight, for good measure.

Back