More cowardly; Bisping or Woodley?

Well the Vitor you consider irrelevant, knocked Hendo silly twice and not all that long ago, yet here you are defending a Hendo title shot.

Why are Romero and Jacare "just not on the same level" as Weidman and Rockhold? Do you have any logic behind this, or just cause?

As for Whittaker, I would straight up pick him over Bisping right now.

You're arguing nonsense, there's plenty of more logical contenders over Hendo, just stop.

Hendo has been irrelevant for a long time. I don't know why you took what I was saying as an argument for Hendo. It isn't. Vitor and Hendo have beaten nobody of relevance in a long time without the TRT.

Weidman and Rockhold are the two best fighters in the divison, hands down. There are tiers to fighting, and those two are on thier own tier. So are Jacare and Romero. Rockhold beat Jacare 5 years ago, and has gotten much better since then. Rockhold is 31, Weidman is 32. Jacare is going to be 37 pretty soon and Yoel Romero just turned 39. Rockhold and Weidman have both been more successful and are significantly younger.

Whittaker is the top prospect in the division, but for right now he is just that, a prospect. I absolutely believe he's going to be a top contender and possibly even the Champion at some point in the next 5 years, but wins over middle level at best guys like Clint Hester, Brad Tavares and Rafael Natal don't put you in the title picture. Those are exactly the type of guys a prospect like Whittaker should be fighting at this point in his career. He also beat Uriah Hall, but Hall is also just a prospect at this point.

Hendo has been irrelevant for a long time. I don't know why you took what I was saying as an argument for Hendo. It isn't. Vitor and Hendo have beaten nobody of relevance in a long time without the TRT.

Weidman and Rockhold are the two best fighters in the divison, hands down. There are tiers to fighting, and those two are on thier own tier. So are Jacare and Romero. Rockhold beat Jacare 5 years ago, and has gotten much better since then. Rockhold is 31, Weidman is 32. Jacare is going to be 37 pretty soon and Yoel Romero just turned 39. Rockhold and Weidman have both been more successful and are significantly younger.

Whittaker is the top prospect in the division, but for right now he is just that, a prospect. I absolutely believe he's going to be a top contender and possibly even the Champion at some point in the next 5 years, but wins over middle level at best guys like Clint Hester, Brad Tavares and Rafael Natal don't put you in the title picture. Those are exactly the type of guys a prospect like Whittaker should be fighting at this point in his career. He also beat Uriah Hall, but Hall is also just a prospect at this point.
I don't even know what we're arguing about. I said the Hendo title shot is a joke, and Bisping should be ashamed of himself.

I disagree with you about Weidman and Luke being on some other level above Yoel and Jacare. Jacare fought Luke to a close decision years ago, Romero beat Jacare, and Luke beat Weidman. Luke also got ko'd by Vitor and Bisping ffs, so none of them are too far off from each other, but Chris and Luke are coming off knockout losses while Romero has the best active MW win streak, and Jacare's would be the same had he not fought Romero.

Anyway bottom line title shot is a joke plenty of great deserving contenders at middleweight . UFC, Bisping and even Hendo should be ashamed of themselves.

I don't even know what we're arguing about. I said the Hendo title shot is a joke, and Bisping should be ashamed of himself.

I disagree with you about Weidman and Luke being on some other level above Yoel and Jacare. Jacare fought Luke to a close decision years ago, Romero beat Jacare, and Luke beat Weidman. Luke also got ko'd by Vitor and Bisping ffs, so none of them are too far off from each other, but Chris and Luke are coming off knockout losses while Romero has the best active MW win streak, and Jacare's would be the same had he not fought Romero.

Anyway bottom line title shot is a joke plenty of great deserving contenders at middleweight . UFC, Bisping and even Hendo should be ashamed of themselves.

We aren't arguing, we're having s discussion. Bisping wants a rematch with Hendo. The UFC wants to make that as big of a fight as possible, so a title fight makes the most sense. Bisping will more than likely clown Hendo at this point.

That will allow Rockhold and Weidman to fight Jacare and Romero if he doesn't get suspended. Whichever combination of those two fights happens, if both Weidman and Rockhold win, Rockhold will fight Bisping again. Big money title rematch for the UFC. Rockhold more than likely wins, then there is yet another big money rematch with Weidman for title. If Weidman wins you've got an even bigger title trilogy.

If all of this fleshes out like the way I see it going, this takes two years at least. Speed it up 6 to 8 months if Rockhold beats Weidman in the rematch. By that time Robert Whittaker should have blossomed into the top contender we both think he will become, probably along with Uriah Hall. Now you've got two fresh and new title challengers for whoever the Champion is. You might mock the people who point to "money", but you have to remember that the UFC is a business and is driven by PPV numbers. Fight companies look to block their fights and timelines out like this to keep their business from stagnating, to keep from getting to a point where there are no compelling challengers. You might think that there is an endless supply of relevant fighters, but there isn't. It's a carefully orchestrated dance. Fighter merit isn't the real driving factor. If it was, John Fitch, Jake Shields and Demian Maia would have all had numerous title shots by now.

We aren't arguing, we're having s discussion. Bisping wants a rematch with Hendo. The UFC wants to make that as big of a fight as possible, so a title fight makes the most sense. Bisping will more than likely clown Hendo at this point.

That will allow Rockhold and Weidman to fight Jacare and Romero if he doesn't get suspended. Whichever combination of those two fights happens, if both Weidman and Rockhold win, Rockhold will fight Bisping again. Big money title rematch for the UFC. Rockhold more than likely wins, then there is yet another big money rematch with Weidman for title. If Weidman wins you've got an even bigger title trilogy.

If all of this fleshes out like the way I see it going, this takes two years at least. Speed it up 6 to 8 months if Rockhold beats Weidman in the rematch. By that time Robert Whittaker should have blossomed into the top contender we both think he will become, probably along with Uriah Hall. Now you've got two fresh and new title challengers for whoever the Champion is. You might mock the people who point to "money", but you have to remember that the UFC is a business and is driven by PPV numbers. Fight companies look to block their fights and timelines out like this to keep their business from stagnating, to keep from getting to a point where there are no compelling challengers. You might think that there is an endless supply of relevant fighters, but there isn't. It's a carefully orchestrated dance. Fighter merit isn't the real driving factor. If it was, John Fitch, Jake Shields and Demian Maia would have all had numerous title shots by now.
UFC might be a business, but I don't get any of the money they make, in fact it's MY money they're making. So because I'm the one who watches, and pays for the product I think I'm entitled to call bullshit when they insult our intelligence with this joke of a title fight.

All that stuff you just wrote doesn't take away the fact that it's a circus match and has no business happening.

UFC might be a business, but I don't get any of the money they make, in fact it's MY money they're making. So because I'm the one who watches, and pays for the product I think I'm entitled to call bullshit when they insult our intelligence with this joke of a title fight.

All that stuff you just wrote doesn't take away the fact that it's a circus match and has no business happening.

I agree it's a circus and I agree that you have a right to call BS. They also have a right to try to make money and run their business the way they want to. Right now, making nonsense fights like this, and having the 145 pound champ fight a mid tier lightweight at welterweight AGAIN is working for them, so they keep doing it, so they don't care about our objections. The best way to get them to care is to stop paying for it.

I agree it's a circus and I agree that you have a right to call BS. They also have a right to try to make money and run their business the way they want to. Right now, making nonsense fights like this, and having the 145 pound champ fight a mid tier lightweight at welterweight AGAIN is working for them, so they keep doing it, so they don't care about our objections. The best way to get them to care is to stop paying for it.
Sure, but is there something wrong with discussing it on sherdog?

And again, why do some of you really feel the need to explain the way a business works? I mean maybe you dont even mean to be condescending about it, but it's almost like I'm 5 and need to be told that it's all done for money. Yeah, we all get that part, and it only makes the whole thing even more insulting to our intelligence.

This is what I was talking about in my last sentence, morons who defend the fighters "financial best interests".

How much of that money is Woodley gonna share with you??

I'm sure Woodley vs Jay-Z would sell even better, it doesn't mean that I should be happy about it as a mma fan.
That was a senseless comparison... Your talking about the current champion vs the all-time great who never lost his belt versus a hypothetical match with a 50 year old rapper....

Dude, you had it righ the first time... Your a fan. So when he fights GSp you have the right not watch. But getting on here and complaining about another guy making a sh*t-ton of money for himself. More money in one fight than he has made in his whole career is stupid. Why you riding Wonderboy so hard anyway bro... Are you in his camp? Do you guys train together...?

Let Woodley cash in his lottery ticket... And make sure your not on here later this year talking about how Wonderboy should be fighting the new Champ GSP... Wonderboy can fight GSP if he gets past Lawlor since thats the fight he wanted anyway

Ooops
That was a senseless comparison... Your talking about the current champion vs the all-time great who never lost his belt versus a hypothetical match with a 50 year old rapper....

Dude, you had it righ the first time... Your a fan. So when he fights GSp you have the right not watch. But getting on here and complaining about another guy making a sh*t-ton of money for himself. More money in one fight than he has made in his whole career is stupid. Why you riding Wonderboy so hard anyway bro... Are you in his camp? Do you guys train together...?

Let Woodley cash in his lottery ticket... And make sure your not on here later this year talking about how Wonderboy should be fighting the new Champ GSP... Wonderboy can fight GSP if he gets past Lawlor since thats the fight he wanted anyway
Ya, how silly of me to talk about this on an MMA discussion forum.

Woodley is most disrespected champion of all time. He's a really good fighter people are insane. Who the fuck knocks out Lawler? No respect at all it's stupid as fuck.

Most disrespected champion of all time? He hasn't even defended his belt yet...get the fuck out of here with this nonsense.

Most disrespected champion of all time? He hasn't even defended his belt yet...get the fuck out of here with this nonsense.
Lol what? He beat the champ by KO. What would you call that? Please enlighten me.

Back