More cowardly; Bisping or Woodley?

Woodley and it's not even close.

So somehow these 2 managed to win a belt, despite the fact that no one in their right mind considers them the best in their division.

So as soon as Bisping wins his belt at MW, he calls out 46 year old Hendo who's already half retired. Meanwhile his division is full of relevant contenders like Romero, Jacare, Weidman, Rockhold, Mousasi, Whitaker, etc...

At WW Woodley sits out for like 2 years, and somehow gets a title shot for two years of inactivity and a split decision win over Kelvin Gastelum?? Then he beats Robbie, and with obvious challenger Wonderboy in front of him, and with Rory who he's already lost to, and Demian Maia who's on a big streak, and Condit who arguably should be champ now, Woodley calls out Nick Diaz who hasn't won a fight in 5 years, and GSP who hasn't fought in 3 years.

So disgustingly blatant... yet you'll still have a bunch of muppets here jump in to defend them and tell you how it's "all about the money".

Bisping by far. Bisping isn't that great. Woodley is legit, I had him winning this fight. Bisping Hendo is a laughably pathetic fight. Of course Hendo can get a lucky punch KO but this fight is a total joke, Hendo is basically a senior citizen who is like 1 in a zillion in his last zillion and one fights... It's especially a joke when someone like jacare is being passed up again as he keeps getting older. It will be a shame if Jacare has to continue to try to hold on to his prime in his late 30s while Bisping takes on this pathetic joke of a fight.

So somehow these 2 managed to win a belt, despite the fact that no one in their right mind considers them the best in their division.

So as soon as Bisping wins his belt at MW, he calls out 46 year old Hendo who's already half retired. Meanwhile his division is full of relevant contenders like Romero, Jacare, Weidman, Rockhold, Mousasi, Whitaker, etc...

At WW Woodley sits out for like 2 years, and somehow gets a title shot for two years of inactivity and a split decision win over Kelvin Gastelum?? Then he beats Robbie, and with obvious challenger Wonderboy in front of him, and with Rory who he's already lost to, and Demian Maia who's on a big streak, and Condit who arguably should be champ now, Woodley calls out Nick Diaz who hasn't won a fight in 5 years, and GSP who hasn't fought in 3 years.

So disgustingly blatant... yet you'll still have a bunch of muppets here jump in to defend them and tell you how it's "all about the money".

Is this how champions are decided now? By how many people thing they're the best in the division?

Bisping already said Jacare, Romero etc.. are not going anywhere. He's not avoiding them, he wants to get his hands on old man Hendo, might be the only chance he gets to get his revenge. Either way, your opinion is meaningless, and you're the one sat at your computer calling the #1 MW and WW a coward.

Is this how champions are decided now? By how many people thing they're the best in the division?

Bisping already said Jacare, Romero etc.. are not going anywhere. He's not avoiding them, he wants to get his hands on old man Hendo, might be the only chance he gets to get his revenge. Either way, your opinion is meaningless, and you're the one sat at your computer calling the #1 MW and WW a coward.
Romero and Jacare are approaching 40, and what do they do in the meantime? Fight each other again? Risk taking another fight to stay busy? Sit out like Woodley for 2 years? Who loses in the end? Me the fan.

And my opinion is no more or less meaningless than anyone else's who posts anything here, and you're also on your computer doing the same things I'm doing so stfu.

How can you call Bisping cowardly? Dude is trying to avenge the loss to a man who devastatingly ko'd him.

Romero and Jacare are approaching 40, and what do they do in the meantime? Fight each other again? Risk taking another fight to stay busy? Sit out like Woodley for 2 years? Who loses in the end? Me the fan.

And my opinion is no more or less meaningless than anyone else's who posts anything here, and you're also on your computer doing the same things I'm doing so stfu.

You seem to be confused, I didn't call a fighter a coward. That's all on you. And you're right, your opinion isn't any less meaningless than anyone else's. Doesn't change the fact that it's meaningless. And to be honest, given that you're being disrespectful, you deserve to lose out.

TS, you ever actually call a man a coward to his face before? That word gets thrown around here a lot...but it's something that rarely anyone ever says to someone's face. Probably because It's a pretty strong word, so if you used it, things would end up getting physical. In the old days you'd duel someone to the death over such an accusation.

Fights GSP or 45 year old 3 -3 Dan Henderson. Is this even a real fucking question ?

The UFC is to blame for approving this nonsense. Not only is Hendo 46 years old, he has also lost 6 of his last 9 fights and has a losing record since 2000 (13 wins, 14 losses). This can't be a main event PPV fight. If it is, the PPV numbers will be very low.

I lol'ed hard reading through this. Bisping is one of the few pro fighters who doesn't behave like a little bitch, yet because he does it with an English accent he's one of the most hated figthers in these forums.

I would guess the UFC put the Hendo match in his head because of the army of Hendo fans who think Hendo is still a real contender, and the fact that 185 is a division that is really made up of Rockhold, Weidman and everybody else. Their trying to drag the interest out for at least a year or two more.

I also lol'ed hard at the idea of Maia getting a title shot. He could never lose again and won't sniff a title eliminator because he very well might win and is boring as hell.

So your saying he should miss out on a multi-million dollar payday to fight Wonderboy and get paid 500,000.... After taxes 250,000... and then the amount he would have to pay trainers etc... Whereas, he could fight GSP and make 2.5-5million dollars after PPV numbers?

Say he makes 2.5million, which would be extremely low since Anderson silva made 5.2 million when he was champ off of UFC 183 which only sold 650,000 ppvs. GSP vs Woodley would easily do 1 million buys which means Woodley's purse would at least be in th 5 million range... After taxes thats 2.5million blah blah blah

Bottom line your saying he's a coward because he's choosing 2.5 million over 250,000 dollars...

You, my friend, are being unreasonable... :cool:

It's more so cunning than cowardly.
It is shit for us fans, but they are doing whatever they can to ensure themselves as much protected money and opportunities as they can.

Maybe if the UFC would pay the non-superstar fighters more, we wouldn't see this shit
I agree, but if they paid more, the fighters probably wouldn't risk it all in the octagon.

Don't understand why people are so concerned about rankings-based matchmaking. It still happens, but fights like hendo-bisping 2 and Tyron fighting whoever he wants next can happen every so often without sherdoggers getting their panties in a bunch about it.

Just shut up, be a fan, and watch the fights.

Neither, they both just want big paydays, who can blame them for wanting to make the most money possible, you can't fight forever.

if cowardly, you mean pathetic & undeserving = Woodley

by a longshot

So your saying he should miss out on a multi-million dollar payday to fight Wonderboy and get paid 500,000.... After taxes 250,000... and then the amount he would have to pay trainers etc... Whereas, he could fight GSP and make 2.5-5million dollars after PPV numbers?

Say he makes 2.5million, which would be extremely low since Anderson silva made 5.2 million when he was champ off of UFC 183 which only sold 650,000 ppvs. GSP vs Woodley would easily do 1 million buys which means Woodley's purse would at least be in th 5 million range... After taxes thats 2.5million blah blah blah

Bottom line your saying he's a coward because he's choosing 2.5 million over 250,000 dollars...

You, my friend, are being unreasonable... :cool:
This is what I was talking about in my last sentence, morons who defend the fighters "financial best interests".

How much of that money is Woodley gonna share with you??

I'm sure Woodley vs Jay-Z would sell even better, it doesn't mean that I should be happy about it as a mma fan.

I lol'ed hard reading through this. Bisping is one of the few pro fighters who doesn't behave like a little bitch, yet because he does it with an English accent he's one of the most hated figthers in these forums.

I would guess the UFC put the Hendo match in his head because of the army of Hendo fans who think Hendo is still a real contender, and the fact that 185 is a division that is really made up of Rockhold, Weidman and everybody else. Their trying to drag the interest out for at least a year or two more.

I also lol'ed hard at the idea of Maia getting a title shot. He could never lose again and won't sniff a title eliminator because he very well might win and is boring as hell.
The MW division is as stacked with talent as it's ever been. Romero and Jacare are both ahead of Weidman and Rockhold... Robert Whittaker and Mousasi are not far behind, then you still have Vitor, Anderson, Brunson, Hall, etc... all well ahead of Hendo.

As for Maia, I find him a lot more exciting than Bisping honestly.

The MW division is as stacked with talent as it's ever been. Romero and Jacare are both ahead of Weidman and Rockhold... Robert Whittaker and Mousasi are not far behind, then you still have Vitor, Anderson, Brunson, Hall, etc... all well ahead of Hendo.

As for Maia, I find him a lot more exciting than Bisping honestly.

How Vitor is still of any relevance is beyond me. I'd like to see Jacare fight Rockhold again, but I still think Rockhold wins. Romero probably isn't coming back for a while.

Right now Hall and Whittaker aren't top contenders. They just aren't on the same level as Weidman and Rockhold. Neither are Romero and Jacare.

You might like Maia, most people don't. I've grappled most of my life and if he's on the card I usually take my dumps during his fights.

How Vitor is still of any relevance is beyond me. I'd like to see Jacare fight Rockhold again, but I still think Rockhold wins. Romero probably isn't coming back for a while.

Right now Hall and Whittaker aren't top contenders. They just aren't on the same level as Weidman and Rockhold. Neither are Romero and Jacare.

You might like Maia, most people don't. I've grappled most of my life and if he's on the card I usually take my dumps during his fights.
Well the Vitor you consider irrelevant, knocked Hendo silly twice and not all that long ago, yet here you are defending a Hendo title shot.

Why are Romero and Jacare "just not on the same level" as Weidman and Rockhold? Do you have any logic behind this, or just cause?

As for Whittaker, I would straight up pick him over Bisping right now.

You're arguing nonsense, there's plenty of more logical contenders over Hendo, just stop.

Back