Moore's Law

I'm glad you found it so interesting! I constantly try to bring it up to my friends offline and they glaze over it every time. I have a friend who is all new age believes we went through a big spiritual shift on 21-12 but when I bring this up to him, he acts like I'm speaking nonsense. I'm always down to spread it around.

here is another vid where he brings up something that tickles my brain.

He says will reverse engineer the brain by 2029. And that will be able to sim human emotions. I don't see how using a diagram of the brain will allow pc to sim emotions when people are from over a life time of personal experiences. So one person emotional reaction will never be the same as another.

also this is another question. Do memories transfer down the blood line from one gen to the gen. Like in Assassin Creed. If were really to connect to someone brain, could we access info that might has pass on though genes.

So many questions.

Genetic memory is undeniable. Ever wonder why children fear monsters and the dark? Genetic memory baby. It's how animals have instincts. And if you can understand how a brain develops, you could start from scratch and practically engineer a mind. Even optimizing it past human limits.

Genetic memory is undeniable. Ever wonder why children fear monsters and the dark? Genetic memory baby. It's how animals have instincts. And if you can understand how a brain develops, you could start from scratch and practically engineer a mind. Even optimizing it past human limits.

Ok i understand what you saying about gene memory. But now i have a different queation about "Optimizing" a human brain past its limits.

Should We?. We can make a car go 200mph but we put limits on the road for the safety of everyone first. Should do the same with knowledge.

Say we get to the point where we can Create a Brain that is twice a strong as ours. What would the ramfactions be on the human race. If the human race suddenly discover that Everything we knew about everything was wrong, what kind of impact would that have on the world.

I go back a vid someone posted about aliens and how there brains would be so much more complex then ours. How would the human race react if they suddenly found themselves back at of the line. I find it frighting to be honest.

Ok i understand what you saying about gene memory. But now i have a different queation about "Optimizing" a human brain past its limits.

Should We?. We can make a car go 200mph but we put limits on the road for the safety of everyone first. Should do the same with knowledge.

Say we get to the point where we can Create a Brain that is twice a strong as ours. What would the ramfactions be on the human race. If the human race suddenly discover that Everything we knew about everything was wrong, what kind of impact would that have on the world.

I go back a vid someone posted about aliens and how there brains would be so much more complex then ours. How would the human race react if they suddenly found themselves back at of the line. I find it frighting to be honest.

If we're wrong, we're wrong. But it's going to be a change we have to make and it's progress none the less. The next step in evolution probably comes from our own engineering, I find it completely natural. It's just a species incorporating the world around it in to it's own design. It's a pretty beautiful thing to think about.

If we're wrong, we're wrong. But it's going to be a change we have to make and it's progress none the less. The next step in evolution probably comes from our own engineering, I find it completely natural. It's just a species incorporating the world around it in to it's own design. It's a pretty beautiful thing to think about.

Change yes, Progress yes and no. We as a species have tripled our life span over the last 100yrs or something like that. And as a result the earth is in the worst shape it has ever been, some say. Over crowed, gobal warming, etc... If we manged to triple the life span of human again in the next 100 yrs, I can't image this world being able to support us.

I like the idea of the human race engineering the next step in evolution. Just wish I was smart enough to see it now. Cause right now I am flying blind with all this.

Change yes, Progress yes and no. We as a species have tripled our life span over the last 100yrs or something like that. And as a result the earth is in the worst shape it has ever been, some say. Over crowed, gobal warming, etc... If we manged to triple the life span of human again in the next 100 yrs, I can't image this world being able to support us.

I like the idea of the human race engineering the next step in evolution. Just wish I was smart enough to see it now. Cause right now I am flying blind with all this.

Think how many people live in squalor in the world. The blessings of medicine and sanitation don't reach them. The singularity doesn't just touch on technology alone but on social development as well. Love and empathy will grow at an equal rate to tech. As we advance, we can provide awareness and well being to the sick and the ignorant. The overall quality of life will improve.

I've skimmed some writing on the singularity being a bunch of pseudoscience, maybe I'll post it here later to get some comments.
Please do, I'd very much like to hear about that.

Alan Moore has a great explanation of the singularity in the Mindscape of Alan Moore movie. I HIGHLY suggest y'all check it out. Seems right up your alley TDA.

Yo. Yooooooo. I just got done watch this 25min vid on Ray Kurzwell theory of Singularity and my head is spinning.

So many questions.

1. His theory "Kinda" co-insides with Moore's law and that tech will always keep doubling in some sort of way until his Singularity theory bares fruit.

2. Second. The Singularity theory that man and machine will marry in 2045 is frighting as hell. It will be a slow train that no one will question until its too late and we are one in the same. I could see benefits but mostly see trouble. Still to early and trying to process this info.

3. Third. Dude kinda lost me with the "Snake Oils". I know dude he a smart man and knows what he is doing but 200 pills a day to "Reprogram" he body to live longer. I don't know about that. He says it only Bridge 1 and its only to carry them along until Bridge 2 comes along and Nano tech will be there to help us. I don;t know.

Again, I still trying to process all this info and see where I stand on him. But dude has got something.

I think he just recently had a heart attack or stroke or something (fully recovered). His pills are part of his own anxiety/ compulsion to live long/longer because his dad's death, when he was young, traumatized him.

I've skimmed some writing on the singularity being a bunch of pseudoscience, maybe I'll post it here later to get some comments.

shut your whore mouth!:icon_chee

actually I'm raither interested -please do.

Do. I'd like to read it.

If I was really convinced that its likely I'd treat my body like a temple.

Well you wouldn't really have to, as you'd be able to put your consciousness into a robot body.

shut your whore mouth!:icon_chee

actually I'm raither interested -please do.

Lol I felt the exact same way. I'm interested in seeing a counter argument but it might break my heart.

Moores law will end around 2020-2030 computer power will continue to advance but at a much slower rate, the problem being that when you get circuits that are smaller than 10 atoms wide quantum physics and heisenberg's uncertainty principle kicks in and you can't reliably send information.

As stated earlier the real interesting question is what happens when we surpass the singularity.

Btw I'm thick as shit and this is just the impression I get from reading books written by people far smarter than myself ^^

I was wondering this myself, doesn't Kurzweil say you should be getting double the power for your $ every 18 months? I bought my Mac 2 years ago for around $2000, it's 2.4ghz, the same price bracket now buys a 2.3ghz, WTF?

What you can buy domestically and what actually exists are two different things, Moores law doesen't necasserily adhere to the same rules as retail and distribution.

I work in research for semiconductor manufacturing.
Here's what I see, and I'm by no means an expert. I work in selective wet etching.
We're going to hit a limit by conventional scaling methods. 18 nM is working but it is not without it troubles to make a device that small. It comes down to defect management. I believe 9nM is on the horizon.

from scaling we'll move on to novel materials and packaging schemes to improve speed. Phase change materials and graphene are on the horizon. Quantum computing is in the works as well. In the packaging aspect you see work in 3D integration that should improve speed as well.

That will cover about ten years. it's hard to see beyond that.

Well you wouldn't really have to, as you'd be able to put your consciousness into a robot body.

I mean to increase my life expectancy into the projected range of the singularity.

What you can buy domestically and what actually exists are two different things, Moores law doesen't necasserily adhere to the same rules as retail and distribution.

I thought it was price performance.

I mean to increase my life expectancy into the projected range of the singularity.

I thought it was price performance.

Market value and price are two different things.

Market value and price are two different things.

Go on.

When Kurzweil discusses it he says "In the year xxxx $1,000 would buy you so and so, in the year yyyy $1,000 will buy...."

Go on.

When Kurzweil discusses it he says "In the year xxxx $1,000 would buy you so and so, in the year yyyy $1,000 will buy...."

I can charge whatever I want for a product but the resources and labor has a pretty consistent value. So what it costs to produce something and what you sell it for are two different things with two different factors. Going by price is sort of an awkward way to chart progress.

Back