• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Montano stripped of FLW belt

how the hell did she make weight 3x on TUF in less than 2 months?
Is it a confirmed weight issue? She’s had a lot of health problems lately and had to surgery. I thought it might be related to that

The only thing I'm upset about is that we got robbed of Yamasaki "letting her be a warrior' as Shevchenko bashed her face in for 3-plus rounds.

So the UFC make the decision to send her to hospital, the UFC make the decision to pull her from the fight.....

yet its Nicco who gets punished for that?

If they had an opponent for Val tonight, then I can see it, strip Nicco, have Val fight someone for it tonight, Nicco gets the first shot when she recovers,.

But to strip the champ when they dont even have a replacement.. fucking dumb

She wasn't fit to fight and it was 100% her fault

So 145 and 125 pound inaugural champions have been pathetic ducks.

we know that about gdr since she put out a statement. We don't really know what happened here, unless I'm mistaken. Could be that she wanted more money, or was injured and wanted more time or something.

how the hell did she make weight 3x on TUF in less than 2 months?

theres something fishy about this whole story to be honest.

Either

Montano is faking it to avoid Shevchenko, or the UFC pulled her to give an excuse to strip her so they can save UFC 230 with Shev v JJ

but theres definitely a lot more to this than meets the eye

Is it a confirmed weight issue? She’s had a lot of health problems lately and had to surgery. I thought it might be related to that

I thought it was for toe surgery....which is knowing way too much about a shit fighter, tbh.

Nicco does not have any leverage to protest against UFC stripping her of the belt. Nicco doesn't sell tickets, is not popular, mainstream media doesn't give a fuck and she constantly pull out of the match.

In a weird sort of way, I actually respect De Randamie for showing honesty about being scared, kinda sorta.

She didn't say she was scared. She said she told the UFC in no uncertain terms that she was not interested in fighting at 145. They needed someone to fight Holm and they talked her into it... on the very specific condition that win or lose, she would go back to 135 after the fight. She won and the UFC said perfect now you face Cyborg. She said what about our deal and Dana said (i imagine something like) "lololololol I say whatever I want, now you do what I tell you." She said no, and they stripped her before she could vacate it herself so that it would reflect worse on her. this is not even mentioning that Cyborg has the effects of a lifetime of exogenous test, and might be intersex to begin with.

I'm the only one who seems to feel this way but GDR was 100% in the right.

Not a chance of this happening. Plus, they have been sparring partners for more than 15 years, so it would be the most boring fight ever.

so i guess antonina will move to a different division then since valentina is gunning for 125 belt?

theres something fishy about this whole story to be honest.

Either

Montano is faking it to avoid Shevchenko, or the UFC pulled her to give an excuse to strip her so they can save UFC 230 with Shev v JJ

but theres definitely a lot more to this than meets the eye

I don't think so because they are liable for refunding a shitload of tickets. WMMA is pretty popular and there's like 4 chick fights = many wanted to see this title fight.

Monty ain't winning. So JJ can fight Schev at the next one.

why? they have been trying to make this fight 3 times (including this weekend) and each time valentina was game and ready. enough already.

don't forget they stripped tony and they stripped colby. they didn't strip max because he defended and now it's supposedly scheduled for 231. conor was stripped due to inactivity. fight, defend or move the fuck on.

You don't get my point. They keep handing out all these belts and taking them away like nothing. It makes it hard to follow the sport and definitely makes the organization lose credibility. Montano was deemed not fit to fight it was UFC's decision.

She didn't say she was scared. She said she told the UFC in no uncertain terms that she was not interested in fighting at 145. They needed someone to fight Holm and they talked her into it... on the very specific condition that win or lose, she would go back to 135 after the fight. She won and the UFC said perfect now you face Cyborg. She said what about our deal and Dana said (i imagine something like) "lololololol I say whatever I want, now you do what I tell you." She said no, and they stripped her before she could vacate it herself so that it would reflect worse on her. this is not even mentioning that Cyborg has the effects of a lifetime of exogenous test, and might be intersex to begin with.

I'm the only one who seems to feel this way but GDR was 100% in the right.

You're full of shit.

Her team asked for the UFC's doctor to check on her condition, and the doctor decided she wasn't fit to continue the weight cut. It's the doctor's call, not the UFC's, why would the UFC want there not to be a co-main on a PPV card? If the weight cut wasn't going horribly wrong why would her team call the UFC doctor?

We didn't hear any protest from her team, and she's been ducking the defense for months because of a sore throat. She walks back on her statement about the head dress, shits on Ariel for lying when she has no proof, and she didn't deserve to be fighting for the belt in the first place.

You have zero drawing power, got gifted a belt and you want to hold the division hostage for how long while being antagonistic to fans and reporters everywhere? Great. Play that game and see what you get. She got what she deserved.
Beautifully put

Depending on how much Dana likes or needs you, missing weight could get you stripped of a title, or earn you a title shot.

So 228 is just shitty?

What happens when Tyron is rushed to the ER? Will it go from shitty to just shit?

Thanks Dana

Back