News Monster Inoue vs Sam Goodman Dec.24th Japan

Would Nakatani finally be a challenge for Inoue? I haven't seen much of his fights but I know he hits like fucking train and might be the first opponent that can match Inoue in terms of power after Donaire but he is also going up in weight to fight Inoue. It'll probably be made because it makes a lot of business sense but I'd rather see Inoue go up another weight for some challenges there.

The annoying part for me is if Nakatani gets offered the fight and moves up to fight Inoue before Inoue himself moves up, Bam will have escaped the Nakatani permanently. Bam already vacated and moved down when Nakatani wanted to unify, then as soon as Nakatani moved up Bam went back up to SFLW. I'd much rather see Nakatani beat Bam before he fights Inoue.

The annoying part for me is if Nakatani gets offered the fight and moves up to fight Inoue before Inoue himself moves up, Bam will have escaped the Nakatani permanently. Bam already vacated and moved down when Nakatani wanted to unify, then as soon as Nakatani moved up Bam went back up to SFLW. I'd much rather see Nakatani beat Bam before he fights Inoue.
Do you really think Bam is ducking him? I'd also rather see a Bam vs Nakatani fight and see Inoue move up to 126.

Do you really think Bam is ducking him? I'd also rather see a Bam vs Nakatani fight and see Inoue move up to 126.

• Sept 2022 - Bam defends SFLW title
  • November 2022 - Nakatani debuts at SFLW and says he wants to fight any of the champs and then unify
  • April 2023 - Bam moves back down to FLW and wins a title
  • May 2023 - Nakatani wins SFLW title and asks for unification fights
  • Sept 2023 - Nobody wants to unify so Nakatani defends his title
  • Dec 2023 - Bam gains a 2nd title at FLW
  • Feb 2024 - Nobody wants to unify so Nakatani moves up to BW and wins a title
  • Jun 2024 - Bam moves back up to SFLW and wins a title

Everyone is free to call it coincidence, but i followed the calls out and dodges in real-time and i know what i think.

• November 2022 - Nakatani debuts at SFLW and says he wants to fight any of the champs and then unify

Everyone is free to call it coincidence, but i followed the calls out and dodges in real-time and i know what i think.

i fully agree.
we know robert garcia is fully aware of junto. they're in the same circle.
but oddly, garcia has never talked about the possibility of junto x bam. (at least to the media)
bottom line, the only way it's gonna happen is if bam raises his hand. he's gotta really want it
or it's not never gonna happen.

doesn't seem like bam wants it.
i'm sick & tired of watching the same incestual chocolatito-estrada-ssr-cuadras-bam fight each other over and over

you know junto is not gonna wait.

or can it be a possibly undercard/co-main on inoue in vegas?

i fully agree.
we know robert garcia is fully aware of junto. they're in the same circle.
but oddly, garcia has never talked about the possibility of junto x bam. (at least to the media)
bottom line, the only way it's gonna happen is if bam raises his hand. he's gotta really want it
or it's not never gonna happen.

doesn't seem like bam wants it.
i'm sick & tired of watching the same incestual chocolatito-estrada-ssr-cuadras-bam fight each other over and over

you know junto is not gonna wait.

or can it be a possibly undercard/co-main on inoue in vegas?

Apparently Estrada is moving up to BW, like SSR and Choco have, so hopefully Bam fights either Martinez or Tanaka now that Bam vs Estrada 2 seems to be in the bin, or he moves up too and actually fights Nakatani, which isn't gonna happen.

Apparently Estrada is moving up to BW, like SSR and Choco have, so hopefully Bam fights either Martinez or Tanaka now that Bam vs Estrada 2 seems to be in the bin, or he moves up too and actually fights Nakatani, which isn't gonna happen.
good to know
more than potential fights for junto at 118

ioka is gonna rematch martinez first
but i think martinez maybe tough to beat

Yeah, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that this wasn't a coincidence.

I have never seen Goodman fight before, can he challenge Inoue in any way?

I only watched highlights for his last few fights but he looks pretty aggressive but still jabs a lot. I dont think he has the power to hurt Inoue though or the defense to stop himself from getting smashed at some point.

Shite fight. Goodman is one of the weakest punchers in the division and he is not that skilled as a boxer. I mean he is a lot better than Doheny but that isn't saying much. After beating Fulton, Tapoles and Nery only interesting fights left in division for Inoue are Murodjon and Casimero. One of these 2 HAS to be next after he dispatches of Goodman.

Last edited:
Shite fight. Goodman is one of the weakest punchers in the division and he is not that skilled as a boxer. I mean he is a lot better than Doheny but that isn't saying much. After beating Fulton, Tapoles and Nery only interesting fights left in division for Inoue are Murodjon and Casimero. One of these 2 HAS to be next after he dispatches of Goodman.
why does Inoue need to fight sauna boy? Casimero does nothing for Inoue and the dude has fucked up a bunch of good opportunities. not a reliable fighter.

i think Bob Arum wants Inoue to fight in the USA after the Goodman fight; it might be against MJ. thats a great matchup.

Lol I was thinking the same thing although appreciate not Inoues fault ofc. I know Goodman is getting knocked out in December and that's about it.

For me, even though Goodman is a mandatory who really presents an easy night/tune-up, I still see myself finding the time for watching because this dude Inoue has proven he will put on a show and stop his opponent every time, so even though the danger or tension isn’t there this time around… the highlight will be.

Not really, he's skilled but doesn't have enough power to give himself a chance. His only hope would be to outbox him I'd say, so yeah slim to no chance unfortunately.

Back