RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Inoue vs. Doheny 9/3 2:30AM ET (ESPN+)

looked like a sciatic nerve issue at the end, not nice at all

i mean i know we're all disappointed we didn't see doheny faceplanted, but i can't really blame the man for calling it if he got injured. and i have no doubt in my mind those shots can injure you, the monster was punching him in the body like a maniac at the end there.
Early on he was playing off Inoue's power. Little cocky about it and at the end dude was like oh uhhh my back. Limps over, walks back

Inoue is obviously top 3 P4P and an incredible talent but I just can't rank him over Bud or Usyk. The difference in competition is too big to ignore. Doheny is a 37yo BW who blew his back out taking body punches lol. Paul Butler might be the worst fighter ever in a unification bout.

Manny Rod, Moloney, Fulton, 38yo Donaire, Tapales, Nery is a good resume but really lacking. A shame because in mid 2010s when he was at flyweight range you had likes of Roman, SSR, JFE, Cuadras, Amnat, Mthlane, Ioka, Nietes but he didn't fight any of em.

A solid number 3 P4P is where he'll stay clearly behind Bud and Usyk with winner of Biev Bivol maybe overtaking him too. I think he has to fight Murodjon only interesting fight and quality high level fighter in division for him to beat.

Early on he was playing off Inoue's power. Little cocky about it and at the end dude was like oh uhhh my back. Limps over, walks back
i just saw a comment on reddit saying "Most relatable shit I’ve ever seen in the ring"

he took a lot of damage to the body at the end of the previous round, and naoya hit him with some good shots to start off this one. i think he legit could've hurt something in his back.

i just saw a comment on reddit saying "Most relatable shit I’ve ever seen in the ring"

he took a lot of damage to the body at the end of the previous round, and naoya hit him with some good shots to start off this one. i think he legit could've hurt something in his back.
Yeah I mean probably. I'm 2 years older than him and my back hates me and I assure you Inoue has never punched me. So definitely relatable
Man is gonna need some multi vitamins

bradley is annoying. i wish there was mute button on just his voice.

i think he truly believes he's the technical god of boxing.

but i keep thinking of bradley X provodnikov.
i can't recall a more neanderthal, throw the defense out the window, no guard, rockem sockem robots fight in the last 20 years.

Yeah I mean probably. I'm 2 years older than him and my back hates me and I assure you Inoue has never punched me. So definitely relatable
Man is gonna need some multi vitamins
Same, I heard 37, thought “damn, what a fight to take at 37”. Just turned 39 myself, and 37 was the exact age everything just seemed to start dissolving in all my joints and back. I do skilled labor with emphasis on the labor and I’ve been worried last two years about the next 25 years or so and how they are gonna go haha

Back injuries in late 30s really only take a split second, I was hand loading 80 lbs concrete in early 2023, was being a bull cause I was running late and felt a pinch in my back, thought it was too early for an injury like that, tried to work through my first stop and by the end my left leg could barely support me, was out for almost a month. Seriously, when they mentioned Dohenys age I legit asked myself when his back was gonna go just joking to myself. Way old for such a light division.

Back injuries in late 30s really only take a split second, I was hand loading 80 lbs concrete in early 2023, was being a bull cause I was running late and felt a pinch in my back, thought it was too early for an injury like that, tried to work through my first stop and by the end my left leg could barely support me, was out for almost a month. Seriously, when they mentioned Dohenys age I legit asked myself when his back was gonna go just joking to myself. Way old for such a light division.
Hip injuries as well. All of them, really.
I'm 39. Needed a prosthetic hip by 32 or 3. Going for second shoulder surgery later this month. My body is banged after a life of high impact sports. And booze.

Cue the Fillipinos spamming the Top Rank page spouting dumbass shit calling for Innoue to fight that bum Casimero , retarded ass fan base.
I could never understand the claim he's ducking Casimero. Really? Didn't he lose his chance to fight Inoue because he lost the fight that was supposed to set up that match? He'd be another highlight real for the monster.

Doheny is my age , I understand that back pain
looked like a sciatic nerve issue at the end, not nice at all
I am suffering from sciatica right now and that was the first thing that came to mind. Is it possible to herniate a disk from body shots?
It might be because my issue started with me banging a chick on a really soft bed after a deadlift session earlier that week that strained my back. My back was sore but otherwise functional, then all of the sudden I felt my leg give out, numbness and tingling down my knee and shooting pain in my hip. I'm only a year older than Doheny so I can imagine eating body shots from a guy like Inoue could fuck up a disk and cause nerve pain, since all it took for me was a chick sitting on me lol.

Inoue is obviously top 3 P4P and an incredible talent but I just can't rank him over Bud or Usyk. The difference in competition is too big to ignore. Doheny is a 37yo BW who blew his back out taking body punches lol. Paul Butler might be the worst fighter ever in a unification bout.

Manny Rod, Moloney, Fulton, 38yo Donaire, Tapales, Nery is a good resume but really lacking. A shame because in mid 2010s when he was at flyweight range you had likes of Roman, SSR, JFE, Cuadras, Amnat, Mthlane, Ioka, Nietes but he didn't fight any of em.

A solid number 3 P4P is where he'll stay clearly behind Bud and Usyk with winner of Biev Bivol maybe overtaking him too. I think he has to fight Murodjon only interesting fight and quality high level fighter in division for him to beat.
When Crawford entered 147 lb division he fought people no one cared about for 5 years before fighting Spence who wasn't even an active fighter by that point and then immediately ducked Ennis and sat out for 13 months.

When Inoue went up to 122 he won all 4 belts and actually defended them in like 10 months. I dont have a problem with someone putting Usyk ahead of him but Inoue fights as much as the two of them combined. I have Crawford at #5 personally.

Last edited:
I could never understand the claim he's ducking Casimero. Really? Didn't he lose his chance to fight Inoue because he lost the fight that was supposed to set up that match? He'd be another highlight real for the monster.

I am suffering from sciatica right now and that was the first thing that came to mind. Is it possible to herniate a disk from body shots?
It might be because my issue started with me banging a chick on a really soft bed after a deadlift session earlier that week that strained my back. My back was sore but otherwise functional, then all of the sudden I felt my leg give out, numbness and tingling down my knee and shooting pain in my hip. I'm only a year older than Doheny so I can imagine eating body shots from a guy like Inoue could fuck up a disk and cause nerve pain, since all it took for me was a chick sitting on me lol.
you cant even imagine how bad sciatic pain is until you have had it, ive only ever had it very briefly but by god it was bad, looked exactly like what he had with his leg giving out every now and again due to the short sharp shock that you get from it if you try and move

He fights every 3 months while Crawford fights once a blue moon struggling against a "champ" no one has heard of. Usyk fights overrated ass heavyweights that loses to MMA fighters...yet Inoue is the one that crushes can 🙄. Y'all are dumb ass hell.

inoue’s resume is superior to crawford in every way. you cant even compare a guy who fights once a year to someone who fights everyone 3x a year. inoue has fought what 14 world champions. crawford is 10. and donaire was 36, same age as tc.

the problem is ppl like yourself don’t know much about the lowerweights. crawford’s division is well covered by western media, where you prob live. in japan, they cover the lowerweights.

there’s also a well documented reason why inoue never fought roman. you would know the story if you really followed the lowerweights. it’s over documented…..
ssr, cuadras, amnat, are you serious? lol

i’m not even sure bud is top 4.

Choco was offered big money to fight Inoue but he turned it down so thats part of the reason why Inoue skipped the whole weight class. if he couldnt fight the top guy he didnt want to bother.
Bud is not above Inoue or Usyk.

He fights every 3 months while Crawford fights once a blue moon struggling against a "champ" no one has heard of. Usyk fights overrated ass heavyweights that loses to MMA fighters...yet Inoue is the one that crushes can 🙄. Y'all are dumb ass hell.
Usyk beat AJ twice, who fucking flatlined Ngannou. he even almost knocked AJ out at the end of their first fight. Usyk is p4p #1, Inoue can be happy with #2.

Choco was offered big money to fight Inoue but he turned it down so thats part of the reason why Inoue skipped the whole weight class. if he couldnt fight the top guy he didnt want to bother.
Bud is not above Inoue or Usyk.

Usyk beat AJ twice, who fucking flatlined Ngannou. he even almost knocked AJ out at the end of their first fight. Usyk is p4p #1, Inoue can be happy with #2.
Yes...flat lining an MMA fighter is such a big feat...🙄

you cant even imagine how bad sciatic pain is until you have had it, ive only ever had it very briefly but by god it was bad, looked exactly like what he had with his leg giving out every now and again due to the short sharp shock that you get from it if you try and move
It's definitely up there in the list of worst physical pains I've experienced. I don't wish it upon anyone. I've heard it being compared to child birth. Absolute fucking agony at its peak and the only thing that helped me function was copious amounts of opioids.

inoue’s resume is superior to crawford in every way. you cant even compare a guy who fights once a year to someone who fights everyone 3x a year. inoue has fought what 14 world champions. crawford is 10. and donaire was 36, same age as tc.

the problem is ppl like yourself don’t know much about the lowerweights. crawford’s division is well covered by western media, where you prob live. in japan, they cover the lowerweights.

there’s also a well documented reason why inoue never fought roman. you would know the story if you really followed the lowerweights. it’s over documented…..
ssr, cuadras, amnat, are you serious? lol

i’m not even sure bud is top 4.
Totally agree. Crawford gets credit for destroying Spence and sure prime Spence was a destroyer in a way most of Inoue's opponents were not, but we have to admit Spence was not the same when he finally fought Crawford. Inoue goes up in weight and dismantles an undefeated champ and unifies that weightclass within a year. He's already stopped 4 guys in a new weightclass in the same year.

How long did it take Crawford to do the same? After all the inactivity, Crawford goes up to 154 and soundly wins against a guy with 10 fights, but did not dominate in the way Inoue does.

There's no competition for him at 122 already. MJ is the only one maybe, and dude already lost to a guy Inoue beat. You can't say he didn't fight anyone when he's already beaten the best guys at a new weightclass. Who else is there?

I am unfamiliar with the story of why Inoue never fought Chocolatito or any of those guys. Can you give me a rundown?

Back