Myktybek Orolbai is an absolute Beast.

Omegasz

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Can we talk about how tough he is? 99.9% would‘ve been finished in that third round, he somehow survived and even closed the round out strong. He is only 26 years old, he has lots of time to improve and he will reach his prime in the next 3-4 years. Very interesting Prospect.

Can we talk about how tough he is? 99.9% would‘ve been finished in that third round, he somehow survived and even closed the round out strong. He is only 26 years old, he has lots of time to improve and he will his prime reach in the next 3-4 years.

That fight might have taken 3-4 years off his fight career.

I agree he is a savage.

Remember when Shara the GOAT Bullet triple reverse spinning backfisted Petrosyan

When Petro went down he covered up and prayed for the end.

This Orolbai guy was beaten to death but he never waited for the ref's help. He wasnt even THINKING about quitting this fight. He fuckin got up on his own and extricated himself from multiple dangerous situations...and he might have actually got the finish but was too damaged himself to muster the offense.

Incredible performance. Give that man all the money and let him take 9 months off. Holy shit I am humbled by that guys guts.

I said in the pbp thread, that guys with faces like Orolbai were def the front line offense in the Mongol invasions of the caucasus in the 13th century

"Orolbai, you Subotai and Battsetseg, you go on in up that mountain and kill any non mongols. Clear the way. Genghis bless."

Remember when Shara the GOAT Bullet triple reverse spinning backfisted Petrosyan

When Petro went down he covered up and prayed for the end.

This Orolbai guy was beaten to death but he never waited for the ref's help. He wasnt even THINKING about quitting this fight. He fuckin got up on his own and extricated himself from multiple dangerous situations...and he might have actually got the finish but was too damaged himself to muster the offense.

Incredible performance. Give that man all the money and let him take 9 months off. Holy shit I am humbled by that guys guts.

Haha, that was my first thought when he curled up tbh. "Orolbai would never have curled up like that, no way"

Can we talk about how tough he is? 99.9% would‘ve been finished in that third round, he somehow survived and even closed the round out strong. He is only 26 years old, he has lots of time to improve and he will reach his prime in the next 3-4 years. Very interesting Prospect.

Surprised more people aren't talking about this absolute war. It was a great prelim. I was rooting hard for Orolbai but Rebecki deserved the nod. Both guys were dogs.

Too tough for his own good. He thinks his chin can make up for the glaring holes in his defense. It’s actually gotten him this far. Check out his first UFC fight; he takes like 3 hard knees to the face in the first minute and then goes on to win the fight on toughness. Guys like these are so old-school tough yes, but they won’t be effective in the modern era, let alone sniff a title.

I was pointing out the damage on both faces of this fight last night and saying to my friend: “these guys don’t have a number, they are permanently damaging each other in an unranked contest here lol”.

Too tough for his own good. He thinks his chin can make up for the glaring holes in his defense. It’s actually gotten him this far. Check out his first UFC fight, he takes like 3 hard knees to the face in the first minute and then goes on to win the fight on toughness. Guys like these are so old-school tough yes, but they won’t be effective in the modern era, let alone sniff a title.

I was pointing out the damage on both faces of this fight last night and saying to my friend: “these guys don’t have a number, they are permanently damaging each other in an unranked contest here lol”.
Whatever

See my AV for my thoughts on the matter

I said in the pbp thread, that guys with faces like Orolbai were def the front line offense in the Mongol invasions of the caucasus in the 13th century

"Orolbai, you Subotai and Battsetseg, you go on in up that mountain and kill any non mongols. Clear the way. Genghis bless."

Built different.

Dana should give him and mateusz 100k. Maybe throw Orolbai on a wheaties box in Kyrgyzstan

I thought his corner should've thrown in the towel when Rebecki was drumming his head in the third, but Jacob Montalvo thought that Orolbai headbutting Mateusz's fists was enough to win him the round, so clearly I was wrong.

Both guys were pretty tough, but I think Myktybek will need to make a big change moving forward if he wants to stay afloat. Particularly he needs to embrace his wrestling first rather than strike, it's very clear what his strengths are and how limited he is on the feet.

The best was that doctor checking him, with an inch wide opening on his healthy eye so that he can see the fingers lol
Also, giving him the round where he almost got murdered is criminal.

Tough dude, though. Great fight.

Last edited:
The best was that doctor checking him, with an inch wide opening on his healthy eye so that he can see the fingers lol
Also, giving him the round where he almost got murdered is criminal.

You could see through the opening that he was looking with his healthy eye.

One more fishy decision in Abu Duby….

You could see through the opening that he was looking with his healthy eye.

One more fishy decision in Abu Duby….
The doctor played along for sure :)
I'm not mad though because my boy Rebecki got fight of the night because of that Doctor's veteran move, lol.

Yeah gained a lot of fans including myself, absolutely sick fight! Me and the GF were absolutely loving it haha.

When his nose popped later in the fight I thought it was his fuckin massive face hematoma that had exploded, felt like a gruesome horror film.
Mateusz-Rebecki-def.-Myktybek-Orolbai-UFC-308-©Craig-Kidwell-special-to-MMA-Junkie-1880.jpg

Last edited:
How about some praise for the guy who beat him? ;)
Rebiecki FTW!

Both guys in that fight were absolute beasts and full blown disciples of the JBG.

Hespect to them both.

Back