Moments you were a REAL fan FOR ONE NIGHT

I know new account and all...

...but when McGregor banished Aldo's soul to the Shadow Realm I went nuts.

Also, Holloway and Lamas' swanging and banging is the most hype I've been in a fight.

lol you are a real fan of them all the time. Im talking about a real fan OF A FIGHTER in a moment. Not of the sport in general. Im notcing a trend. people post without reading. They even take the time out to post images and shit, all without reading lol
I get what you are saying but I don't see why my previous post doesn't count.

so im talking about a guy or girl you dont really like or dislike as a fighter too much, but whatever the fight or the situation was made you burst out in actual uncontrollable cheering. Ill go first.

Watching Schaub talking about fucking NOG up in Brazil only to see what actually happened was amazing. I dont dislike nog, who can right? But i was screaming at my screen like he was my favorite fighter. the gillie theme video was amazing lol.

I must admit....another one was watching Tito Drop bader and sub him. I actually dont like tito very much but sometimes if you are a real fan of MMA you cant help what you like lol. I almost always root for Tito to get KTFO but that was sweet.

What do you guys got?

Diaz when he beat Conor. Never a huge fan of either Diaz personally. I really dislike shit talk, hence why I’m such a GSP nut hugger.

Shogun and Hendo. I respect both but didn't have a dog in the fight. Was hoping for a good fight and I think it was like 4am in the UK and was telling those near me that it could be worth watching. The sport gained a couple of new fans.

so im talking about a guy or girl you dont really like or dislike as a fighter too much, but whatever the fight or the situation was made you burst out in actual uncontrollable cheering. Ill go first.

Watching Schaub talking about fucking NOG up in Brazil only to see what actually happened was amazing. I dont dislike nog, who can right? But i was screaming at my screen like he was my favorite fighter. the gillie theme video was amazing lol.

I must admit....another one was watching Tito Drop bader and sub him. I actually dont like tito very much but sometimes if you are a real fan of MMA you cant help what you like lol. I almost always root for Tito to get KTFO but that was sweet.

What do you guys got?
The only time I ever rooted for Conor was against that woman beating manlet Floyd

Any time any team plays against the New England Patriots. I hate them. Unfortunately, this leads to frequent disappointment.

In the MMA realm, I was super thrilled when Bisping wrecked Rockhold. I don't care much for Bisping, but this was exciting stuff.

Nate vs Cowboy.

Never liked diaz, but the beating he put on cowboy after cowboy flipped him off.... And the consequent shot of cowboy nodding like "yeah, I deserved that..." Made me like him for that one fight.

I remember the first time I saw the Randy Couture tape. It changed my life for the worse...

i
I took note of his superior technique though

When Nunes knocked out Cyborg in a minute last month; I've always been a little annoyed by Nunes for some reason but I couldn't help celebrate her pulling that off, the power and the technique to defeat one of the most dominant women in MMA history like that cannot be applauded enough.

Last edited:
I was never a big fan of Rousey but I jumped up and yelled in excitement when she got headkicked...

Doo ho choi when he was fighting Cub

I was standing from my seat with my hands on my head

I didn't care about Tito or Bader but I got damn excited to see an old vet, not known for his ko power drop and sub a young up and comer.

When Hyun Gyu Lim foguht Tarec Saffiedine. He got his legs annihilated for 5 rounds and screamed in pain/fury as he got up and kept charging after Tarec nearly koing him with 10 seconds left. HE made me a fan for life even though he's done very poorly since then. Just seeing him will himself to keep going through pure rage was awesome.

Oh 100% with this one, such a shame Choi hasn't managed to do anything since.
when is he back from the military service? I really like that he's out for now, a great chance for his brain to recover and get that mandatory service out of the way while doing whats essentially 2 years of GPP work

Watching Tate not tap after having her arm broken by Rousey in their first Strikeforce fight.

Spider vs. Chael. Couldn't watch, was on the road getting phone updates the whole fight. Was getting depressed, then YEAH.
I was rooting for Chael. I liked how he was able to do everything he said he would do...up until round 5 that is. I disliked Anderson because he seemed to have a cavalier attitude toward the sport and that bullshit he pulled in Abu Dhabi. Then he threw up that hail mary sub and I genuinely saw (and felt) why he should be the champ. Never gave up and overcame what seemed impossible up to that point . Great performance by both guys!

Back