Mods exempt from rules.

RightintheFace

Reportintheface
Reaction score
So are mods exempt from the rules governing us all? 8th has made several postwhoring threads today, and openly admitted to trolling in one of them. I'm not asking much-but can we card the fuck? I was made an example of for 3 months; it seems perfectly reasonable to maintain this standard of practice for senior mods who "piss on the rules."

Originally posted by 8thDegreeSavage
No shit. I am here to provide you guys with some blood boiling hatred to focus.
That's an admission of trolling if I've ever heard one. He's admittedly just posting to be a dick.

not cryin. just wondering what the unwritten rules actually are. Helps me sleep at night to know exactly how unbalanced things are.

Im happy to be personally involved in helping you sleep at night.

so why, specifically, do some get banned for unwritten offenses, others get dubbed for three months for a one-month offense, and mods can delete posts just because they disagree with them, and can troll with impunity? I mean, I know that's a completely unreasonable question and all...

Originally posted by RightintheFace
so why, specifically, do some get banned for unwritten offenses, others get dubbed for three months for a one-month offense, and mods can delete posts just because they disagree with them, and can troll with impunity? I mean, I know that's a completely unreasonable question and all...

Why do some get banned for unwritten offenses?

It's been explained before that the established rules cannot anticipate every conceivable jackass action that will warrant banning.

Why do some get dubbed for three months and others for one?

Sometimes the three month dubs are an alternative to banning a vet who brings value to the boards. Sometimes they're used for a situation where the severity of the offense rests just between warranting a ban or dubs. Sometimes for one who has been dubbed repeatedly in the past to no effect.

Why can mods delete posts just because they disagree with them?

They are not supposed to do that but they do have the ability make judgement calls and delete or move what they consider to be shitty, vapid, or trolling posts.

Why can mods troll?
They don't to my knowlegde.

On a personal note, you are the biggest fucking incessant whiner I've ever seen. And I typically don't even get annoyed by anyone here to the point where I will respond to this type of thing. I'm generally easygoing - I don't get affected by the drama or what people say. But are you a grown man or are you a crybaby? Why is it, that out of the thousands of members we have, you appear to be the only one who always seems to be singled out and persecuted? Hmmn...could it be that it's all in your mind??? Get some perspective. Everything is not about YOU. And if you think everything is so horrible here then go somewhere else. Or are you so addicted to this place that you'd rather stay here and complain about everything instead of moving on and doing something else? Surely you have something better to do with your life than become worked up over an online forum. If everything is as unfair and terrible as you perceive, why are you still here? Why not simply fuck off. I know I wouldn't miss you. You're not that great a poster.

The rules here are so minimal and easy to abide by and the mods do such an incredible job, all things considered - why do you seem to have such a big problem with all of it?

Regardless of how you choose to paint it, I'm simply asking questions. I do think that the 3 month dubs thing was stupid as hell, but I served my time and put it behind me. I made this post because I thought it was interesting how harshly I and others have been dealt with, but mods delete posts simply because they don't agree with the person, and make postwhoring, trolling posts of their own, and aren't dealt with at all. I don't care if you think I'm whining-I'm not. Don't fool yourself in thinking I'm losing sleep over this-I just think the situation is interesting.

I'm not painting it - I'm giving you the reality of it. You say you've put the 3 months dubs behind you, then why did you even mention it again when you started this thread? Why would you even comment that it's stupid as hell if you are unaffected by it?

As for general accusations of mod misconduct, please cite some specific examples. If this is all because you and 8th (I'm not sure, you said "mods" plural, are you saying multiple mods are trolls and subjectively delete posts?) don't agree on political topics then deal with it in the debate at hand, don't come whining in here because you get owned or riled in some OT political thread. You're like a tattle-tale little kid for chrissake.

I don't care if we argue. What I don't like is having my posts deleted because he doesn't like what I say. I posted a reply in a thread of his, and he deleted it...it wasn't postwhoring, it wasn't trolling, but he deleted it. That's the issue at hand. I called him on it and he ignored it. I believe the thread is now gone, so I can't point it out. Convenient.
Call me a crybaby all you want-I don't give a shit. But if you're a mod, be a mod. If you can't act within the rules, don't be a mod.

I do think that the 3 month dubs thing was stupid as hell, but I served my time and put it behind me.
I think its quite obvious you haven't put anything behind you.

Fucking baby.

Oh, one more thing:
But if you're a mod, be a mod. If you can't act within the rules, don't be a mod.
Listen very closley to your own words. If you're a member, act like a member. If you don't want the punishment, don't break the rules.

And when you do get carded, don't bitch about it for months afterwards, because all we're doing is laughing our asses off that someone takes it to heart so well.

Originally posted by Tam-Tam
I think its quite obvious you haven't put anything behind you.

Fucking baby.

Oh, one more thing:

Listen very closley to your own words. If you're a member, act like a member. If you don't want the punishment, don't break the rules.

And when you do get carded, don't bitch about it for months afterwards, because all we're doing is laughing our asses off that someone takes it to heart so well.
well, like I said. Think what you want. It's bullshit and anyone who thinks about it logically will feel the same.

and notice I haven't broken the rules. And when I DID break the rules, I fully expected to be punished.

I have never, in my entire time being here(almost three years) deleted a post out of spite. Nor altered one. I have had plenty of spirited battles with a few members, but I have never removed or altered a post for my benefit.

When it comes to my work here, and the staff can be testament of this, I never allow my politics to get in the way of my job, or let my personal feelings cause abuse from my position. If I HAD, then allot of people would have already been banned. Long ago. And I would have been removed , long ago.

Thanks to the guys answering this post in my absence. I appreciate it and would have addressed it, if I had realized that there was this level of moaning happening in here. Thanks guys.

RITF you still seem to be sour because we dubbed you for three months because you did something INTENTIONALLY to try and get carded, showing a complete disregard for the rules when you knew them well, in that particular case, yeah we dubbed you for spite. Take it.

That's an admission of trolling if I've ever heard one. He's admittedly just posting to be a dick.

I guess context means nothing. If you would like the rules to be applied this way. Then You will be first to go.

Remember to watch what you wish for. Because I will gladly take dubbs if you agree to have the same rule set placed on you and your posts. Because that would mean we could be rid of you.

I have never, in my entire time being here(almost three years) deleted a post out of spite. Nor altered one. I have had plenty of spirited battles with a few members, but I have never removed or altered a post for my benefit.

When it comes to my work here, and the staff can be testament of this, I never allow my politics to get in the way of my job, or let my personal feelings cause abuse from my position. If I HAD, then allot of people would have already been banned. Long ago. And I would have been removed , long ago.

Thanks to the guys answering this post in my absence. I appreciate it and would have addressed it, if I had realized that there was this level of moaning happening in here. Thanks guys.

RITF you still seem to be sour because we dubbed you for three months because you did something INTENTIONALLY to try and get carded, showing a complete disregard for the rules when you knew them well, in that particular case, yeah we dubbed you for spite. Take it.
I think the 3 month punishment was excessive. All I'm gonna say about that-don't wanna whine.

You did delete a post. Some white belt commented right afterward, something to the effect of "hey, I thought that post was funny, why did you delete it?" The post was no simple flame, it was a comment on the thread topic. And it was deleted. Out of spite? Of course I can't prove that, the thread is gone, and I'm not inside 8th's head to know what his motive was. I do know that first my post was deleted, and then the thread was deleted (or moved, I simply can't find the thing). That screams of convenience, and a senior mod trying to cover his ass.

I guess context means nothing. If you would like the rules to be applied this way. Then You will be first to go.

Remember to watch what you wish for. Because I will gladly take dubbs if you agree to have the same rule set placed on you and your posts. Because that would mean we could be rid of you.
I'll say it here too. I haven't done anything against the rules. Flames in OT aren't illegal. You think I'd make an accusation like this if I thought I could get burned for it? I never said anything to the effect of "I'm posting to give you something to focus your hate on." That's admitting trolling. Deny it all you want, it doesn't change the facts.

Just for candor's sake:
-I've always made clear that I think RITF is a worthless poster
-I've never had a beef with Tam-tam or Rexholio
-I've always liked 8th ok, and my only beef with him was that during all the bullshit, he requested that people PM rather than bitching on the boards. I PM'd him, and as was usual from the staff at the time, got no answer.

I'm shocked that anyone on this board, especially a vet, is at this point still under the delusion that fairness, consistantcy, or logic are applied to most administration decisions here. Why do you think there was a mass exodus? Why do you so many long term fans of this place have just stopped coming here, and stopped buying stuff from the store?

I have no idea who is at fault in this particular incident, or if its just RITF's usual obnoxious bitching, but one thing is certain - if you are a vet who is still posting here after all the obvious bullshit, then you do so under the assumption that the bullshit is going to continue. Expecting anything different is nuts.

Originally posted by Brainuse
Just for candor's sake:
-I've always made clear that I think RITF is a worthless poster
-I've never had a beef with Tam-tam or Rexholio
-I've always liked 8th ok, and my only beef with him was that during all the bullshit, he requested that people PM rather than bitching on the boards. I PM'd him, and as was usual from the staff at the time, got no answer.

I'm shocked that anyone on this board, especially a vet, is at this point still under the delusion that fairness, consistantcy, or logic are applied to most administration decisions here. Why do you think there was a mass exodus? Why do you so many long term fans of this place have just stopped coming here, and stopped buying stuff from the store?

I have no idea who is at fault in this particular incident, or if its just RITF's usual obnoxious bitching, but one thing is certain - if you are a vet who is still posting here after all the obvious bullshit, then you do so under the assumption that the bullshit is going to continue. Expecting anything different is nuts.
Fuck, he's right. But by God, AM went out bitching and it would be an insult to his memory to let this garbage stand.

AM didn't go out bitching. AM got banned without knowing what happened, and no one would give him any answers, so he never even got a chance to post and complain about it. AM and Cyber went out with me bitching, becuase they couldn't.

While I respect your persistence, this war was already fought and lost.

Back