Mo vs Rampage same as Shad vs Rampage

You edited it after I called you out on it, so try again. Im assuming you dont know how these edits work but you can see the times everything was posted and edited.

You made a silly comment and tried to bullshit your way out of it, lets move on.

You edited it after I called you out on it, so try again.

I did not. I finished all the editing at 9:39. I had edited more than just that one part of my post. You continue to believe what it is you've convinced yourself to be true and in the process continue to call me a liar. Cool.

I will explain why I typed that to begin with. What I was trying to say but just couldn't seem to find the words at the time was that the Rampage of now is best chance at ever winning a fight is by TKO or KO. Since I believe he lost to Mo, I choose to ignore that decision and therefore stand by my above claim. I only edited that part to avoid any confusion. I acknowledged that I typed it and even acknowledged that I edited it. If I were trying to BS my way out of it I'd have lied and suggested that you made it up.

Anyways, what's done is done. You choose to believe otherwise? Cool. I'll give you the last word.

Last edited:
Yea the fight was very similar. Huge build up leading to a very boring fight. Can't blame Shad and Mo for wanting to take it down though. Rampage would easily KO them if they kept it standing the entire time and they went into brawls with him.

Cool man keep back tracking. I dont give a fuck.

Didn't Rampage almost finish Rashad in the last round?

Yeah that I guess was the point of thread. Neither Rashad or Mo had any intention of "fighting" Rampage (both would get worked on the feet), so were completely content to hold him down for 3 rounds even after all the trash talk about hurting him or KOing him.

Who cares if Mo and Rashad said they were going to knock Rampage out but rather decided to impose a strategy that would (or in the case of Mo, should) win them the fight. It's a professional MMA fight with a lot more on the line than just proving a point and polishing your ego. Rashad landed a clean shot and knocked Rampage down early in the fight and received a clean shot at the end but manged to survive and win a decision. Therefore Rampage failed to achieve what he claimed he was going to do too. Same goes for the Mo fight. Want Rampage to compete with standup only fighters that promise to knock him out and deliver? Have him transition to boxing. Iirc, he was thinking about that at a moment in his career too.

Even still, it was a clear cut victory for Rashad and IDK why it is so surprising for people to witness many MMA fighters with reasonable-solid wrestling try to take Rampage down and hold him down. The guy's TDD is average, at best. Why should a wrestler like a King Mo or Rashad stand and exchange with a dude who's finished so many fights by TKO or KO? I'm glad these guys take Rampage down and expose his weakness. Rampage should train harder on his TDD.

This is so played out. The onus is always on Rampage. It's on Rampage to stop the other guy from boring tactics. He can't force someone to stop shooting for the takedown. Hell Hamill landed 0-16 but went for them every chance he could. Fighters hold on to Rampage for dear life or just back pedal. "All he does is plod around throwing bombs"...not true, at all. He chases people down who are running from him.

Who cares if Mo and Rashad said they were going to knock Rampage out but rather decided to impose a strategy that would (or in the case of Mo, should) win them the fight. It's a professional MMA fight with a lot more on the line than just proving a point and polishing your ego. Rashad landed a clean shot and knocked Rampage down early in the fight and received a clean shot at the end but manged to survive and win a decision. Therefore Rampage failed to achieve what he claimed he was going to do too. Same goes for the Mo fight. Want Rampage to compete with standup only fighters that promise to knock him out and deliver? Have him transition to boxing. Iirc, he was thinking about that at a moment in his career too.

The point is its a bullshit boring strategy that is only lauded and praised when it happens to Rampage. Also, no one in damn near a decade has knocked JAckson down. Rashad came the closest, knocking him off his balance, that's it.

Also, if you want to watch guys just win fights by holding on to someone well...then...go watch something else. Where I come from, when two people fight...and one just holds on to the other and runs away, everyone call's him a bitch and goes home. Unless there's some known huge discrepancy in their ability to fight, size, etc...you're called a punk. If you talk shit constantly and then hold on for dear life hoping not to get beat up, you're a punk. No one calls you the winner.

Maybe it's the rules/judges fault for allowing that to be so hugely scored, the fact of the matter is that Lawal fought like bitch. He came in with a bitch strategy, and lost. Guess what happened when he lost. He acted like a bitch.

Also, if you want to watch guys just win fights by holding on to someone well...then...go watch something else. Where I come from, when two people fight...and one just holds on to the other and runs away, everyone call's him a bitch and goes home. Unless there's some known huge discrepancy in their ability to fight, size, etc...you're called a punk. If you talk shit constantly and then hold on for dear life hoping not to get beat up, you're a punk. No one calls you the winner.

I like the way you think. People love to talk about point fighting, etc.. but at the end of the day this is fighting, not holding the other guy down for 15 minutes.

The difference was, that shad not only won the wrestling he rocked rampage in the first round in the striking and faired evenly in the standup from then on, besides that one great moment where Rampage had him down and hurt.

This is so played out. The onus is always on Rampage. It's on Rampage to stop the other guy from boring tactics. He can't force someone to stop shooting for the takedown. Hell Hamill landed 0-16 but went for them every chance he could. Fighters hold on to Rampage for dear life or just back pedal. "All he does is plod around throwing bombs"...not true, at all. He chases people down who are running from him.

So you suggest people just stand and exchange with a heavy handed slugger like Rampage because they said they would? Or because the onus shouldn't be on Rampage to fight their fight or to learn how to keep the fight where he wants it, but for them to fight Rampage's fight and keep it standing and likely get KTFO? Common man. This is MMA and if someone excels at a particular art more so than the other and can use that to their advantage, they should. Rashad talked just as much shit to JJ before their fight but he never went out and did what he said he was going to do. Who cares?

Where I come from, when two people fight...and one just holds on to the other and runs away, everyone call's him a bitch and goes home. Unless there's some known huge discrepancy in their ability to fight, size, etc...you're called a punk. If you talk shit constantly and then hold on for dear life hoping not to get beat up, you're a punk. No one calls you the winner.

Maybe it's the rules/judges fault for allowing that to be so hugely scored.....

Perhaps you should start your own organization, employ your own judges, and implement your own rules, and therefore you can see all the fights you'd love to see. However, until that day comes, expect to see more of what you saw in the Rampage/Lawal fight when it comes to the classic striker vs grappler match up because that's how the grapplers fight if they know they have that grappler advantage to win. Askren does it, ST.Pierre did it, Mo does it, many grapplers do it. Unless there is a change in the way the sport is judged, this is the reality. And I agree, I believe TDs are too highly favored too, but that's just the way it is.

Ya it reminded of that fight clearly as well. I thought Mo won the fight clearly, but maybe that is just me.

Nope, Rashad had better top control and actually hurt Rampage on the feet, while Mo did next to nothing on the feet and couldn't keep Rampage down for long when he did complete his takedowns.

So you suggest people just stand and exchange with a heavy handed slugger like Rampage because they said they would? Or because the onus shouldn't be on Rampage to fight their fight or to learn how to keep the fight where he wants it, but for them to fight Rampage's fight and keep it standing and likely get KTFO? Common man. This is MMA and if someone excels at a particular art more so than the other and can use that to their advantage, they should. Rashad talked just as much shit to JJ before their fight but he never went out and did what he said he was going to do. Who cares?

Perhaps you should start your own organization, employ your own judges, and implement your own rules, and therefore you can see all the fights you'd love to see. However, until that day comes, expect to see more of what you saw in the Rampage/Lawal fight when it comes to the classic striker vs grappler match up because that's how the grapplers fight if they know they have that grappler advantage to win. Askren does it, ST.Pierre did it, Mo does it, many grapplers do it. Unless there is a change in the way the sport is judged, this is the reality. And I agree, I believe TDs are too highly favored too, but that's just the way it is.

On your first point...that was more of a rant on how people just always call Rampage boring. People chose to fight Rampage with a boring style because of fear of losing. I understand why the fighter fights like that, I just don't see how that makes Rampage boring.

You're second point is fair enough, but it is something that can be changed. It's not about the Org that the rules or for, it's how judges score. If I get taken down 3 times in one round. Say I'm taken down, and immediately work back up...the whole process take maybe 30 seconds. So that 1 and a half minutes right there. The whole time standing i'm just destroying the guy on the feet, im chasing him down, and i'm landing shots...he's not doing much at all but defending and not throwing really anything.

Those three take downs that didn't do anything...no damage done to me, and I immediately got right back...those three takedowns are pretty much guaranteed to win the other fighter the round. THAT's what the problem is. No where in the rules does it say "Wrestling is worth more than striking" but that's how it's judged.

TS, I agree. While on the topic of Rashad, I think it's awful that he gets a pass for selling wolf tickets pre-Rampage fight, then laying on him, then defaming Jones' character. I understand that perhaps he was just doing his job to try and sell the fights (with Rampage and Jones), but the fact that he spoke so much (and delivered so little) is disappointing.

Wrong.

Shad actually inflicted some damage along with his humping.

209rgxk.jpg

This. Rashad was really hated for that fight, but he hit Rampage with that significant shot and on the ground he got some good flurries in.

That card was a disappointment though. First card I saw live as it was tied in with the UFC expo.

Remember my friend was pissed cause he bet on Brilz and then he got robbed with the decision.

TS, I agree. While on the topic of Rashad, I think it's awful that he gets a pass for selling wolf tickets pre-Rampage fight, then laying on him, then defaming Jones' character. I understand that perhaps he was just doing his job to try and sell the fights (with Rampage and Jones), but the fact that he spoke so much (and delivered so little) is disappointing.

What do you think about rampage's wolf tickets? He talked so much shit about how he's gonna KO so and so and slam so and so -

bader
mo
Rashad
jones

He fought like shit in all these fights. Does he just get a pass? At least Rashad won lol.

If I get taken down 3 times in one round. Say I'm taken down, and immediately work back up...the whole process take maybe 30 seconds. So that 1 and a half minutes right there. The whole time standing i'm just destroying the guy on the feet, im chasing him down, and i'm landing shots...he's not doing much at all but defending and not throwing really anything.

Those three take downs that didn't do anything...no damage done to me, and I immediately got right back...those three takedowns are pretty much guaranteed to win the other fighter the round. THAT's what the problem is. No where in the rules does it say "Wrestling is worth more than striking" but that's how it's judged.

I completely agree. The way judges favor he wrestling style is the reason why so many wrestlers have so much success. I hope it changes and I hope the athletic commissions can better educate their judges and hope to see better scoring in the future. Unlikely but I hope.

What do you think about rampage's wolf tickets? He talked so much shit about how he's gonna KO so and so and slam so and so -

bader - Injured/Wrestlefucked but overall bad fight from Rampage

mo - Wrestlefucked with no action, no damage and ran from Rampage

Rashad - Landed a few shots, almost got knocked out himself, humped him against the cage the rest of the time

jones - Maybe the best fighter on the planet, Rampage was his toughest fight up until that point. Also, literally had his back to Rampage running away at one point.

He fought like shit in all these fights. Does he just get a pass? At least Rashad won lol.

There you go.

Back