MMAJunkie Twitter: UFC Confirms Joanna Champion to co-headline UFC 195 but...

I think Tecia makes the most sense out of the TUF cast, but I don't think she's a good option. She lost twice recently and she goes to decision pretty much every fight.

I think Valerie Letourneau is the best option if she's ready to fight. She went to split decision with Gadelha like JJ did so it'd make sense from that angle.

Michelle Waterson is another option if they want to give her such a tough fight this early.

I don't know much about Invicta so I wouldn't know if there's a good option they could sign to give an immediate title shot.

This will probably happen. They could postpone it a month.

They should. Have Tate co main and that will be it. Its not necessary for this title to be on there since Ronda is on it. Throwing either Markos or Torres to get slaughtered makes no sense

Just send Claudia to UFC Doc Jeff Davidson. He'll clear her and let her fight.

I think Tecia makes the most sense out of the TUF cast, but I don't think she's a good option. She lost twice recently and she goes to decision pretty much every fight.

I think Valerie Letourneau is the best option if she's ready to fight. She went to split decision with Gadelha like JJ did so it'd make sense from that angle.

Michelle Waterson is another option if they want to give her such a tough fight this early.

I don't know much about Invicta so I wouldn't know if there's a good option they could sign to give an immediate title shot.

You mention that Tecia "lost twice recently" (TUF fights are more exhibition than fights)but then mention Waterson, who is 1-1 in her last two?

You mention that Tecia "lost twice recently" (TUF fights are more exhibition than fights)but then mention Waterson, who is 1-1 in her last two?

I know the records. I looked at them as I made the post.

I haven't seen the Invicta fights, but Waterson only lost to the champ; Tiburcio only lost to Hamasaki, Gadelha, and some girl in 2012; Hamasaki has only lost to Gadelha. Meanwhile Tecia lost to Esparza, who got destroyed by JJ and had a close fight with Penne, whom Waterson submitted. Tecia also lost to Randa Markos, who was subbed by Rose, who herself got destroyed by Esparza. Waterson's record looks better. She also seems like a more exciting fighter, and is definitely more attractive and marketable. I don't care that they're only exhibition fights. That's a technicality. The fights happened, and relatively recently, whether they were "professional" or not.

I know the records. I looked at them as I made the post.

I haven't seen the Invicta fights, but Waterson only lost to the champ; Tiburcio only lost to Hamasaki, Gadelha, and some girl in 2012; Hamasaki has only lost to Gadelha. Meanwhile Tecia lost to Esparza, who got destroyed by JJ and had a close fight with Penne, whom Waterson submitted. Tecia also lost to Randa Markos, who was subbed by Rose, who herself got destroyed by Esparza. Waterson's record looks better. She also seems like a more exciting fighter, and is definitely more attractive and marketable. I don't care that they're only exhibition fights. That's a technicality. The fights happened, and relatively recently, whether they were "professional" or not.

Mmath is bad for your mental health

Mmath is bad for your mental health

I'm not doing "MMA Math". I'm more aware than most that styles make fights. The things I said are true though.

Edit: Also, there's some decent evidence that I'm not doing "MMA Math", in that I felt it necessary to clarify that I hadn't seen the Invicta fights, implying that within those fights may have been reason to doubt Waterson, Tiburcio, or Hamasaki.

Tecia is way more attractive than Waterson. Check out her insta she posts hot pics all the time

I'm a fan of Markos, but she's not ready.

Tecia would get legit murdered.

gadhela or bust

I don't know. I'm down, I guess. After the Angela Hill "fight" and her comment during the post-fight presser about needing to "get back to the 'Tiny Tornado' point-fighting styles that [she] loves," I kind of feel like I'd enjoy watching her take a beat down.

I don't know. I'm down, I guess. After the Angela Hill "fight" and her comment during the post-fight presser about needing to "get back to the 'Tiny Tornado' point-fighting styles that [she] loves," I kind of feel like I'd enjoy watching her take a beat down.

her old, Tiny Tornado style was way more entertaining to watch.

While Grasso certainly has way more to lose in the looks department, JoJed wouldn't be escaping that fight unscathed, win or lose.

Dude, have you seen Joanna at weigh ins? You know what they say: when you're at rock bottom, the only way is up. Ediane Gomes fought a man once, and she came out of that fight prettier than she went in. Grasso might surprise Joanna with her boxing, but it will have next to zero impact on her looks.

Tecia could make it a fight, she has movement and angles and could give Joanna some problems. I don't think she hits hard enough to keep Joanna off of her, but she can try to out point her for sure.

Yep. I think JJ is too much for Tecia, but this is the next best fight after Gadelha.

Looks like thiago alves got hit with a random.

It doesn't matter who Jojed fights.

Ideally it's against Gadelha, but UFC 195 is more about promoting Jojed and the 115 division than about whether she'll have the best possible opponent if Gadelha isn't available.

Whether it's a great fight or a squash match, Jojed and 115 get a ton of exposure to a large fan base and the mass media.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back