MMA vs WMMA comparison

I’ve had a few conversations on the comparisons between male and female fighters, where people seem to be completely detached from reality.

@Swarthy is the most recent, insisting that Nunes has better standup/grappling/skillset than someone like Masvidal. It’s hard to comprehend how delusional this view is.

Is this madness shared by many? Even if we remove power, precision, stamina, strength, reaction times, coordination, movement from the equation and make the comparison based on just pure technique, my Sherbrothers understand there are light years between the men and women in any facet of the sport you care to compare?

Prove to me there is hope for rational thought. Earn my love and respect. Get extra Christmas presents.

Edit - A few fantasy land white knights have shown up. FYI - If it is possible for elite women to surpass elite men in the area of pure technique why don’t women beat men in snooker, archery, chess, fishing (any sport that is more reliant on pure technique)?

I'm sure you expected some sort of white knighting.

In my mind, there will never be a day, a night, a minute, where the best female fighter would EVER win against the best male fighter.

I think the likes of nunes and shevchenko COULD and WOULD beat a lot of people in their weightclass that are men, but not in the elite realm.

It is your logic, you said Cejudos skills translate p4p but Nunes wouldn't even be in the UFC if she were a man. So Cejudo can lose to Ngannou and it's okay but women can't be graded on their own curve.

That’s exactly how it works, yes. The level of competition is so much lower in the women’s sport that saying ‘if they were men’ doesn’t cut it. Just the same if you had a very weak men’s division. Being the champion of it wouldn’t put you on the p4p list.

That’s exactly how it works, yes. The level of competition is so much lower in the women’s sport that saying ‘if they were men’ doesn’t cut it. Just the same if you had a very weak men’s division. Being the champion of it wouldn’t put you on the p4p list.
Nunes is a two weight champion with wins over Schevchenko, Cyborg, Holm, Ronda, and GDR. She can be on someone's p4p list. But that wont stop you from gatekeeping.

Nunes is a two weight champion with wins over Schevchenko, Cyborg, Holm, Ronda, and GDR. She can be on someone's p4p list. But that wont stop you from gatekeeping.

It’s odd that you’re so caught up on this concept of gatekeeping instead of just having the conversation. That is plain awful competition compared to the men, Ronda has been exposed, Holm very one dimensional boxer, Cyborg’s skillset is being half man and nothing much else.

Your brain no work good

It’s odd that you’re so caught up on this concept of gatekeeping instead of just having the conversation. That is plain awful competition compared to the men, Ronda has been exposed, Holm very one dimensional boxer, Cyborg’s skillset is being half man and nothing much else.

Your brain no work good
Gatekeeping even harder. People can have Nunes on their p4p lists. You wont stop shit.

Gatekeeping even harder. People can have Nunes on their p4p lists. You wont stop shit.
in European football, basketball, NFL, Boxing nobody mentions girls on the GOAT list,we are talking about men who are superior in sport.

WMMA is 3 division,if Nunes is a man she will never be champion.

{<hhh]

have you ever seen someone put Ali daughter on the GOAT list in boxing?
[<diva2]

The GOAT list is for the elite of MMA who are men.

in European football, basketball, NFL, Boxing nobody mentions girls on the GOAT list,we are talking about men who are superior in sport.

WMMA is 3 division,if Nunes is a man she will never be champion.

{<hhh]

have you ever seen someone put Ali daughter on the GOAT list in boxing?
[<diva2]

The GOAT list is for the elite of MMA who are men.
There are more men in sports than women. That's why. People will still have Nunes on their p4p lists you wont stop it either.

There are more men in sports than women. That's why. People will still have Nunes on their p4p lists you wont stop it either.

That’s because there are a lot of regards out there making these lists. Everyone’s opinion isn’t equally valid.

Are you gatekeeping gatekeeping? I agree I won’t be able to stop people from putting Nunes on the p4p list. People used to have Ronda on there. People think the earth is flat. People are often retards that can’t be reasoned with.

This thread highlights that quite clearly

Still just an opinion you're gatekeeping.

Do you even know what this means? Is everyone with an opinion gatekeeing to you?

Your the one with a wildly speculative opinion. Any way you want to objectively look at women’s sport it is horrific. You’re completely unable to explain why Nunes would be the one exception.

How many women are in the all time lists of other sports?

Are you gatekeeping gatekeeping? I agree I won’t be able to stop people from putting Nunes on the p4p list. People used to have Ronda on there. People think the earth is flat. People are often retards that can’t be reasoned with.

This thread highlights that quite clearly
Ronda belonged on p4p lists when she was on top. She was clearly above her competition which is what p4p lists gauge. But that wont stop your gatekeeping.

Ronda belonged on p4p lists when she was on top. She was clearly above her competition which is what p4p lists gauge. But that wont stop your gatekeeping.

P4P lists do not gauge how far above your competition you are. Otherwise someone 50-0 on local circuits could be on there. And that’s the equivalent of having Nunes on there

You have a unique ability to misunderstand everything just enough to be completely wrong, but convince yourself you’re right.

P4P lists do not gauge how far above your competition you are. Otherwise someone 50-0 on local circuits could be on there. And that’s the equivalent of having Nunes on there

You have a unique ability to misunderstand everything just enough to be completely wrong, but convince yourself you’re right.
No one lists regional talent on p4p lists because p4p lists are based on high level professionals. The best of their division, which Ronda was and her dominance is what had her on p4p lists.

No one lists regional talent on p4p lists because p4p lists are based on high level professionals. The best of their division, which Ronda was and her dominance is what had her on p4p lists.

The clue for what pound for pound should mean is in the name. It’s if you scaled a fighters ability with weight, who would be the best.

The women’s sport is at an all together lower level. They have no business in pound for pound rankings other than for marketing.

Ronda being on the pound for pound list was a joke at the time and even more so now. She was beating up soccer moms whilst having gaping holes in her game herself. Much like with Nunes now there was an army of idiots saying she would beat men, etc...

The clue for what pound for pound should mean is in the name. It’s if you scaled a fighters ability with weight, who would be the best.

The women’s sport is at an all together lower level. They have no business in pound for pound rankings other than for marketing.
HW is at a lower level than LW or WW therefore they dont belong on p4p lists using your logic.

The US Woman’s Soccer Team is full of extremely skilled women. They lost a friendly match to a bunch of high school amateur boys. The ladies team said it was first a friendly scrimmage that didn’t mean anything, but they still lost. That’s men vs women’s sports in a nutshell. Women don’t have the physique.

Back