MMA vs WMMA comparison

I can’t comprehend what is going through someone’s mind. Nunes wouldn’t beat a single man in the UFC. She would be obliterated by everyone.

You have to have no grasp of the biological differences between men and women. The Williams sisters would lose to retired 50+ year old male tennis players. The fastest women in the world would be slower than 1000s of men at their event. The best women’s soccer teams in the world lose to under 16 boys teams and get destroyed by men’s pub teams.

It’s pure fantasy to think Nunes could compete with any men in the UFC.

Like I said Billie Jean King v Riggs was propaganda if the point you get from it is women tennis stars are the same as male tennis stars. But King beat a 50+old former elite tennis player. Easily. You're taking this too far age is a bigger gap than gender in a sport where you have to run around for a few hours. Also the Williams sisters close the physical gap more than most women. Their serves incredible for women is still above average for pro mens tennis and they'd be lower level professionals who could totally hang with non elite mens players.

Like weight classes(where fighters as small as WW's could beat HW's), the genders aren't divided(in non combat sports, in combat sports there's social reasons too obviously, if the genders were phyisically equal people would not be okay with men punching women in the face regardless) to protect the best women who'd be able to cut it at some level in mens sports(Danica Patrick is an example how that looks), they are divided to protect the women further down the line who wouldn't be able to have a career in coed sports.

But soccer and running are different sports where the gender advantages matter more. Not going to deny any of that except the mens pub thing which is a severe exaggeration. Also you're likely confusing U-16 with an U-19 or something like that though I could be wrong.

WMMA is also pretty early in its evolution especially outside of 135. What if I told you the entire UFC roster Zuffa acquired in 2001 would be cut from the current UFC? What about the entire 2005 roster? Now if we look at the 2010 roster obviously a few are still around/capable of being around(mostly cause of their names rather than merit) but do you see my point? WMMA especially outside of 135/145 hasn't reached it's full skill ceiling because it's a new sport. Though that ceiling is lower than for men, they are still at a disadvantage beyond just their gender at this point, WMMA is less well established.

Last edited:
I’m not sure what your angle is. I’ve never said they’re not high level for women. So you’re disagreeing with an opinion I don’t have, you’ve made it up.

You’re literally arguing with yourself
Then why are you gatekeeping?

Like I said Billie Jean King v Riggs was propaganda if the point you get from it is women tennis stars are the same as male tennis stars. But King beat a 50+old former elite tennis player. Easily. You're taking this too far age is a bigger gap than gender in a sport where you have to run around for a few hours. Also the Williams sisters close the physical gap more than most women. Their serves incredible for women is still above average for pro mens tennis and they'd be lower level professionals who could totally hang with non elite mens players.

Like weight classes(where fighters as small as WW's could beat HW's), the genders aren't divided(in non combat sports, in combat sports there's social reasons too obviously, if the genders were phyisically equal people would not be okay with men punching women in the face regardless) to protect the best women who'd be able to cut it at some level in mens sports(Danica Patrick is an example how that looks), they are divided to protect the women further down the line who wouldn't be able to have a career in coed sports.

But soccer and running are different sports where the gender advantages matter more. Not going to deny any of that except the mens pub thing which is a severe exaggeration. Also you're likely confusing U-16 with an U-19 or something like that though I could be wrong.

WMMA is also pretty early in its evolution especially outside of 135. What if I told you the entire UFC roster Zuffa acquired in 2001 would be cut from the current UFC? What about the entire 2005 roster? Now if we look at the 2010 roster obviously a few are still around/capable of being around(mostly cause of their names rather than merit) but do you see my point? WMMA especially outside of 135/145 hasn't reached it's full skill ceiling because it's a new sport. Though that ceiling is lower than for men, they are still at a disadvantage beyond just their gender at this point, WMMA is less well established.
Points for Riggs/King. Otherwise I'm too drunk to read the rest. WOOOOOO

Australia women’s team lost 9-0 to a team of 15 year old boys

USA women’s team lost 5-2 to under-15 Dallas boys

I think it was Arsenal’s women’s team that conceded 20+ goals to a men’s pub team.

Elite women are typically at the level of 15-17 year old males, across most sports.

The biggest gap in MMA is due to sex, but point taken that the sport also has more room to develop. But that’s a relatively small factor. I would wager that there are plenty of 16/17 year old boys that would beat Nunes in a fight. Anyone that doesn’t believe that needs to provide evidence as to what makes MMA the one exception, especially when physicality is such a massive factor compared to other sports (even down to things like bone density)

Then why are you gatekeeping?

You seem very confused. How am I gatekeeping anything? I obviously want to educate people on the topic I started. But I’m not letting you make up opinions for me.

I’m not sure what your angle is. I’ve never said they’re not high level for women. So you’re disagreeing with an opinion I don’t have, you’ve made it up.

You’re literally arguing with yourself

They are high level regardless you nimrod.

70 % possibly higher of the UFC male roster has pretty garbage striking.

LOL You are honestly the absolute dumbest person on Sherdog. Yup you have replaced @BRASIL WAND and that takes some doing.

I am not even going to respond to you ever again.

I think it was Arsenal’s women’s team that conceded 20+ goals to a men’s pub team.

Elite women are typically at the level of 15-17 year old males, across most sports.

The biggest gap in MMA is due to sex, but point taken that the sport also has more room to develop. But that’s a relatively small factor. I would wager that there are plenty of 16/17 year old boys that would beat Nunes in a fight. Anyone that doesn’t believe that needs to provide evidence as to what makes MMA the one exception, especially when physicality is such a massive factor compared to other sports (even down to things like bone density)

The myth about high schoolers beating the women’s US team is debunked in the link below. I have also provided an excerpt from the article.

American fans unfamiliar with soccer or football mistook original reporting of the April 2017 scrimmage between the USWNT and the Dallas boys’ team as a sincere and serious game, rather than what it actually was: an informal match conducted as part of a larger program to train promising young athletes, which is what it was. When the FC Dallas under-15 team originally posted about the event they noted it was a scrimmage, but later reporting neglected to add in important contextual information about the event and the program.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tr...-by-teenaged-boys-in-a-2017-soccer-match/?amp

The myth about high schoolers beating the women’s US team is debunked in the link below. I have also provided an excerpt from the article.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.truthorfiction.com/was-the-u-s-womens-national-team-defeated-by-teenaged-boys-in-a-2017-soccer-match/?amp
So what is the argument they let them win? The Aussie women's team one is true, albeit I believe it was 7-0 to a local 15 year old team. The US Men's soccer team who couldn't make the world cup finals and managed to lose to the 100th ranked nation in the world Trinidad and Tobago would put 10+ goals past the women's team without breaking much of a sweat.

They are high level regardless you nimrod.

70 % possibly higher of the UFC male roster has pretty garbage striking.

LOL You are honestly the absolute dumbest person on Sherdog. Yup you have replaced @BRASIL WAND and that takes some doing.

I am not even going to respond to you ever again.

Unable to provide any evidence in MMA or any other sports that suggest women are comparable to men at the elite levels, but you’re still angry about it...... Says it all

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.truthorfiction.com/was-the-u-s-womens-national-team-defeated-by-teenaged-boys-in-a-2017-soccer-match/?amp

There are dozens of examples, even if that one isn’t true. But I’m not sure how that information changes the result? Unless you’re claiming the women let them win?

It’s all a bit tenuous.

It’s clear across disciplines that elite women typically get to the level of 15-17 year old boys. Which puts into context how absurd it is to think WMMA is anywhere near comparable to the men’s division.

Another one - Canadian women’s national hockey team plays in a midget league (15-17 year old boys) and they’ve come last every year.

It isn’t possible to rationally look at this topic and claim women are capable of competing with men.

Last edited:
@Swarthy this thread will stand as a permanent reminder of how irrational you are

I bet you set aside some time every Sunday to cry about what a once ever human Ronda was.

Last edited:

Brazil women's team also loses to male sub-15 teams all the time. They lost 2-0 to the sub-15 of a team from Serie D/division 4.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...na/feminina-perde-para-bangu-sub-15-masculino

Brazil women's team also loses to male sub-15 teams all the time. They lost 2-0 to the sub-15 of a team from Serie D/division 4.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...na/feminina-perde-para-bangu-sub-15-masculino

Women’s world records for track & field are typically surpassed by the best boys in the world at 15/16.

Imagine living in the mental prison @Swarthy has built for himself. Where somehow Amanda Nunes has defied all the evidence to actually be superior to not just 15/16 year old boys, but the best men in the world in terms of technique & skillset. In a discipline where technique goes hand in hand with speed, power & strength. And things like skeletal structure and bone density play a big role.

@Swarthy could you come and explain to all the crazy people what we’re missing about Nunes? What does Nunes have that we can’t find evidence of in any other women’s sport throughout history?

Please guide us. Show us the light

You seem very confused. How am I gatekeeping anything? I obviously want to educate people on the topic I started. But I’m not letting you make up opinions for me.
You dont know what gatekeeping is. Look it up.

You dont know what gatekeeping is. Look it up.

Urban Dictionary defines gatekeeping as “When someone takes it upon themselves to decide who does or does not have access or rights to a community or identity.”

You don’t seem to be using the term correctly. Looks like we have another area where you’re probably wrong.

Urban Dictionary defines gatekeeping as “When someone takes it upon themselves to decide who does or does not have access or rights to a community or identity.”

You don’t seem to be using the term correctly. Looks like we have another area where you’re probably wrong.
You said Schevchenko, Cyborg, and Holm are bad competition. That's gatekeeping p4p lists.

You said Schevchenko, Cyborg, and Holm are bad competition. That's gatekeeping p4p lists.

I didn’t. And we’ve even specifically discussed this. What do you get out lying about what I’ve said and then arguing over those lies? Quote the message where I said that if you’re going to keep saying it.

I said they aren’t good competition relative to the men’s division. But they’re good competition for the women’s. It’s unreal watching you tie yourself in knots.

Also, as you told me, to look up gatekeeping - I haven’t said anything about p4p lists, or done anything that fits the term gatekeeping. You’ve gone full retard.

Can you not see you’re not even arguing with things I’ve said? You keep making things up and telling me I said them. You beautiful mad bastard

Last edited:
I didn’t. And we’ve even specifically discussed this. What do you get out lying about what I’ve said and then arguing over those lies? Quote the message where I said that if you’re going to keep saying it.

I said they aren’t good competition relative to the men’s division. But they’re good competition for the women’s. It’s unreal watching you tie yourself in knots.

Also, as you told me, to look up gatekeeping - I haven’t said anything about p4p lists, or done anything that fits the term gatekeeping. You’ve gone full retard.

Can you not see you’re not even arguing with things I’ve said? You keep making things up and telling me I said them. You beautiful mad bastard
Yes you did. I said Nunes had good competition and you were like they dont compare to men. You dont have to compare Cejudo to Ngannou to realize he's good.

WMMA great fight Nunes vs GDR was replicated by HWs last night.

mma talent > wmma

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back