• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MMA NEEDS A "standing 8 count" ? FEDOR vs Bader

-guerilla-

Founder of the Louisville fight club est..1993
Banned
Reaction score
This fight made me want to puke!

Fador wasn't even rocked... he just got caught with a flash knockdown and sustained a pretty nasty cut. I've been knocked off my feet before in a fight.

They had another quick stoppage that night... this problem isn't unique to Bellator or UFC it's all about Ring sport politics.

These guys aren't in there fighting with knives!

If they could get an automatic rematch off a ref stoppage I'd be okay with it but they don't....they have to go through the entire political hoopla again.

I think the referee should have the ability to Halt a fight but not completely call it because of the potential corruption and snap judgement scenario. Not to mention all the phenomenal comebacks we've seen over the history of fighting Sports.

A great boxing coach once said....if you're really rocked 8 seconds doesn't matter.

So the question is how would this mechanically be possible ?

they could HALT the fight maintain position and ask the fighter if he wanted to continue...5 seconds max.

if he was unresponsive or clearly dazed THEN you waive it off...

I guess the most complicating scenario would be if the attacking fighter ignored the halt command and kept throwing and had to be pulled off his man...

let the grown man make his own freaking decision and don't jump in there like you're saving a little girl from a grizzly bear!

Serious injuries rarely happen from a few heavy blows whereas sustained damage over multiple rounds results in the VAST MAJORITY of serious injuries.

I have refereed before, its an extremely difficult job and you're guaranteed to piss somebody off sooner or later you couldn't pay me enough to do it professionally.

the ref was probably following protocol since Fador took that second shot while he was on the ground but in my opinion
That was a knock-down not a knockout... there's a big difference

They just need to let a guy on the ground get hit a few times and see how they react.

Lately it seems like a flash knockdown with quick followup shots = stoppage

Whatever happened to seeing if the guy got KOed or recovered?

The pendulum has swung TOO far in the direction of fighter safety. Fighter safety is important but they also need to let fights be fights. Especially in big fights and title fights.
If a guy gets knocked out THAT IS A RISK HE KNEW GOING IN, that is what they signed up for.

Tldr....

Salt....
{<jordan}

He got smoked...
The crying is beautiful..Fedor fans on suicide watch...

Fedor's my favorite fighter of all time, but no. He was and is done. Your butthurt is fucking with your mind.

according to another thread Fedor needed 9 stitches...

Are Fedor fans trying to get him killed?

Fedor stiffened up and went down. Fedor appears to partially sit up, but his hands are at his side. He ate a couple more punches. It was done.

I think this is the case of Fador hater more than Fador fans

That man was not out... you can tell because his head didn't Whip and His Hands never went limp, if fact he was grappling durring the stopage

We've seen fador there a few times in his career... he's a super aggressive super exciting fighter he's been there before that's the risk he takes to put on such a amazing performances.

how bad his cut was had nothing to do with that stopage

I do believe Fador is one of the greatest heavyweights of all time

I'm comfortable admitting that

But this new sissy version of MMA is garbage... its like watching a different sport.

Last edited:
I think this is the case of Fador hater more than Fador fans

That man was not out... you can tell because his head didn't Whip and His Hands stayed up, they did not go down!.

We've seen fador there a few times in his career... he's a super aggressive super exciting fighter he's been there before that's the risk he takes to put on such a amazing performances.

how bad his cut was had nothing to do with that stopage

I do believe Fador is one of the greatest heavyweights of all time

I'm comfortable admitting that

But this new sissy version of MMA is garbage... its like watching a different sport.

He's done, man.

As of now, he likely has the worst chin and/or reflexes of any active fighter in MMA:

First punch from Mitrione: Dropped like a sack of potatoes.

First punch from Mir: Dropped like a sack of potatoes.

First punch from Bader: Dropped like a sack of potatoes.

Do you see the pattern emerging here? Doesn't matter that he got back up and beat Mir, the point is he is OBVIOUSLY not healthy or fit to be fighting given how readily he is concussed. If the first punch puts someone down in one fight that's acceptable, but basically 3 times in a row? On the same guy who stayed standing when Fujita smashed him and Cro Cop LHK'd him? That's a sign there is something seriously wrong.

Even that punch from Maldonado IIRC was just some semi-decent hook from inside a clinch or something, and he was rendered nearly unconscious from that...

Fedor doesn't even like fighting. He said on interview he has no passion to fight and does it out of "necessity". Srs. One of the very recent interviews before the Bader fight. He's just like a kindly old man now.

Fact: 2006 Fedor would finish 2019 Fedor FASTER than he finished Zuluzinho.

Fedor said before even fighting Werdum that he was "feeling his age" and injuries, that was almost a decade ago. Which itself was half a decade after his prime.

That same ref let mitrione take five or six unanswered full power punches before he stopped that fight

WTF

Fedor gets one hard shot and three egg cracker Hammer Fists and gets called out!!

That ref was on him as soon as he hit the ground even though he was sitting up

I guess people are going to continue to ignore the two hard punches Bader landed when Fedor was on his back? Flash knockdown sure but he finished him once he was down. That wasn't a quick stoppage.

You are on some heavy drugs if you belive the fight was stopped early.

It was a perfect stoppage... Specially considering the dude laying on his back is 42 years old...

You are on some heavy drugs if you belive the fight was stopped early.

It was a perfect stoppage... Specially considering the dude laying on his back is 42 years old...

Whoa there buddeh, I'm 40 and it takes me a good 20 minutes to get finished on my back.

by my wife

according to another thread Fedor needed 9 stitches...

Are Fedor fans trying to get him killed?

You can't stop the fight because one fighter is gonna need 9 stitches.

You need at least 10 to be sure he is out.

You can't stop the fight because one fighter is gonna need 9 stitches.

You need at least 10 to be sure he is out.

I am a n00b..
Is normal :(

Fedor vs Bader:
there were 4 punches total. One flash knockdown off the lunging hook, one good follow up and 2 egg cracker hammer fists.

The ref was on Fedor about the same time the follow up was landed. He was entangled with the ref as Bader dropped his egg crackers.

IN CONTRAST
Mir took a hook that flashed him down and then took 6 full power hooks to the face b4 the same ref stopped that fight!

PLUS mir stayed completely still (like a heavybag) while Fedor was counter grappling and sitting up!

BAD STOPPAGE!

Fedor is a hyper aggressive fighter (thats why he gets hit) and thats the reason hes so exciting!

Its not his Age, hes not washed up, hes from a different era, or perhaps they are trying to push Bader...hes their franchise, Fedor was on his last contract fight!

If Fedor won they would have to negotiate with him...

Last edited:
This fight made me want to puke!

Fador wasn't even rocked... he just got caught with a flash knockdown and sustained a pretty nasty cut. I've been knocked off my feet before in a fight.

They had another quick stoppage that night... this problem isn't unique to Bellator or UFC it's all about Ring sport politics.

These guys aren't in there fighting with knives!

If they could get an automatic rematch off a ref stoppage I'd be okay with it but they don't....they have to go through the entire political hoopla again.

I think the referee should have the ability to Halt a fight but not completely call it because of the potential corruption and snap judgement scenario. Not to mention all the phenomenal comebacks we've seen over the history of fighting Sports.

A great boxing coach once said....if you're really rocked 8 seconds doesn't matter.

So the question is how would this mechanically be possible ?

they could HALT the fight maintain position and ask the fighter if he wanted to continue...5 seconds max.

if he was unresponsive or clearly dazed THEN you waive it off...

I guess the most complicating scenario would be if the attacking fighter ignored the halt command and kept throwing and had to be pulled off his man...

let the grown man make his own freaking decision and don't jump in there like you're saving a little girl from a grizzly bear!

Serious injuries rarely happen from a few heavy blows whereas sustained damage over multiple rounds results in the VAST MAJORITY of serious injuries.

I have refereed before, its an extremely difficult job and you're guaranteed to piss somebody off sooner or later you couldn't pay me enough to do it professionally.

the ref was probably following protocol since Fador took that second shot while he was on the ground but in my opinion
That was a knock-down not a knockout... there's a big difference
An 8 count? And what, stop the other fighter from following them down with follow up punches?

This is retarded. Stop bitching just because your man lost.

An 8 count? And what, stop the other fighter from following them down with follow up punches?

This is retarded. Stop bitching just because your man lost.

...dude, read the whole thread b4 you pop off!
or maybe you did and comprehension is the challenge!

LOL

Fedor is one of my favorite fighters so I feel your pain. Having said that, the stoppage was completely justified and your idea of a standing 8 count for MMA is an absolutely horrible idea for the sport. Sometimes fighters lose, let's not fuck up the whole sport even further with stupid rules because of emotional reactions to such losses.

Back