MMA is not what it use to be and admittingly has lost the sensation tbh

Hmmm I think you guys are only missing epic fights. This year has been really boring in terms of fights but if you remember from 2014 to 2015 you had really nice fights and epic moments also.

Aldo - Mcgregor (even if the fight was short it had a big espectation)
JJ - Cormier (Awesome fight and rivalry)
Rousey - Holm (A domination noone spected)
Weidman - Rockhold (I was very happy that fight happened)

If you go back to the Pride days and the UFC at that moment its not like you had 100% hxc fights all the time, there wasnt too many rivalries, i rememver wand - arona, wand - jackson, crocop - fedor, fedor - minotauro and then im kinda lost and in the UFC there wasnt many either so IMO I think this year has been reaaally boring, plus you gotta add the fights that did not happend like weidman - rockhold 2, jj - dc got suspended two times, nate and the mcgregor pulling off, etc.

Lets be patient.

When you had Jon Jones making the walk or GSP or even Prime Spider or Fedor or many of the former beasts like Sergei Khartinov or Wanderlei etc etc. These days are long gone imo.

Sorry for saying this but everything seems artificial to me who loves the technicality part of fighting and also mean dudes going at it but nowadays it's turning into pop-culture where the best don't fight the best just check out the recent lined-up fights and upcoming title fights
It's diluted, but everything is still there. Just doesn't stand out as much.

Cards have a lot more guys I've never heard of now and sprinkling in WMMA on the cards doesn't help, but there's usually 1 or 2 good fights per card.

It's the era of USADA and paper champions. No fun allowed.

I'd rather the old days with Condom Depot as a sponsor and one dimensional BJJ/Wrestling guys getting knocked out on the undercard.

When you had Jon Jones making the walk or GSP or even Prime Spider or Fedor or many of the former beasts like Sergei Khartinov or Wanderlei etc etc. These days are long gone imo.

Sorry for saying this but everything seems artificial to me who loves the technicality part of fighting and also mean dudes going at it but nowadays it's turning into pop-culture where the best don't fight the best just check out the recent lined-up fights and upcoming title fights
The best do fight the best. Conor McGregor is going for the money fight, but he still moved up in weight to do it.

Michael Bisping is fighting someone who KO'd him earlier in his career. It's much more interesting to see a rematch than it is to see him fight anyone else.

There is a ranking system going on. There's a reason why Sage Northcutt hasn't fought for the title yet.

I skip most UFC fight night bouts and last night was no exception. Those fights shouldn't have the UFC name attached to them unless it's a UFC minor league system with clear branding as such.

TS you're an idiot with the attention span of a goldfish. It's because the last few events have been duds. Once 202 kicks off it's on for young and old. Try to think back more than a month and you'll remember how good it is.

I find it pretty boring lately, but I'm old as dirt. Wtf do I know anyway.....

I have never felt like that and I've been watching it pretty religiously since 2007. I love it man, it's some hardcore real shit...it's just so interesting to see who can do good and go on to become great in such a chaotic, dangerous game. And it's a game of inches just like all sports...but in MMA one KO loss or a big win can drastically change a career. There's been some slow times in MMA but not for a while...shit's been poppin lately. So, not sure what the issue is. Maybe it's not for you.

You don't like current mma because you miss the days of greats like Sergei Kharitonov? Wow. Yeah he's an all time great and definitely set the sport back when he fell from relevance.

Can't believe we've passed UFC 200. I still remember thinking "can't believe we've passed UFC 100"...

I get you OP, MMA was so much more exciting during the PRIDE days (and the UFC at the time, and K-1...), newer fans who weren't there during the golden age are sour because they missed the fun;
so they tell us that we are old, that it wasn't as great as we remember it, nostalgia glasses, etc etc...

But it was logical than one day all the fighters would fight the same. Gyms evolve.
For us older MMA fans (well I'm not 30 yet but relatively...), we got an interest in MMA because we loved (and often trained in) one discipline (Karate, Judo, wrestling, boxing, muay-thai etc) and we wanted to see cross-fights.

Nowadays kids start directly with MMA classes (nothing wrong with that, evolution, etc), and pro-fighters have to be good in all disciplines to get to the t.
So we almost only have fights between "BJJ-Kick-boxing-wrestler dude 1" vs "BJJ-Kick-boxing-wrestler dude 2", all night long.
No more unique fighters with their own "special weapons".
Nowadays it doesn't feel the same when a champion loses, the belt doesn't have the same attraction...
It's hard to become a fan of a certain fighter, it's pretty obvious when you see all the fair-weather fans here jumping from one wagon to the other like it's normal.

I'm not pissed off, I understand that this is how it was going to be, and it will only get more and more homogeneous from now on.

I still watch MMA for some specific fighters that are different from the current mold, because I still love going to live events when some favs of mine are on the card, and to watch my idols sadly get more and more beat up.

I still owe them cheers, especially in defeat.

I've gone through highs and lows as well. UFC went through a period of very watered down cards.

It's big enough now that guys know a loss costs money. DC vs Anderson was a great example.

Cool submissions are gone. You get RNCs and guillotines but that's about it.

I watch the really stacked cards and the free cards.

Everytime there is a shit card these threads pop up. Unsurprisingly when there is an epic card there is universal acclaim.

Last night was so bad, it was like it was a chore to watch it. Everything seems so repetitive and looks the same. Some cards are great though.. and UFC 202 should be a lot of fun. But its true UFC are not building enough stars like they used too, the belts change hands way too often to create stars and there is too much low level MMA in UFC now, we saw a lot of it last night. Like main event was one fighter who is talented but still very very raw in Yair and Caceras who has a losing record in UFC.. that would never be main event a few years ago. Would be a basic prelim fight

Yeh I agree they as in the UFC marketing team could start doing things to try and change things up a bit. For example changing the mat colour from time to time (not yellow) Shit I dunno have purple mats for big events or something along those lines...Change the god damn music..

I think if the UFC wants to relevant it needs a major restructure and I think the name "UFC" has got to go.

Yeah it did. That's why Conor has to do good to save its epicness.

TS you're an idiot with the attention span of a goldfish. It's because the last few events have been duds. Once 202 kicks off it's on for young and old. Try to think back more than a month and you'll remember how good it is.
Seriously I think TS made this same thread 2 weeks ago. Get him an emotional support dog stat.

Back