MMA is not what it use to be and admittingly has lost the sensation tbh

Last night was so bad, it was like it was a chore to watch it. Everything seems so repetitive and looks the same. Some cards are great though.. and UFC 202 should be a lot of fun. But its true UFC are not building enough stars like they used too, the belts change hands way too often to create stars and there is too much low level MMA in UFC now, we saw a lot of it last night. Like main event was one fight who is talented but still very very raw in Yair and Caceras who has a losing record in UFC.. that would never be main event a few years ago. Would be a basic prelim fight
Couldn't agree more. I was also disgusted by that 49-46 for Caceres...

Jfc I get dubs for less lol

They weren't allowed from beginning. Their talent level isn't overall improving, they are no where near professional level fighters. It's painful to sit through if you can't fast forward and insulting they keep shoving the crap down our throat.

Therefore it isn't what it used to be. Stayed on topic :)

I think MMA is better then ever... But the icons of the sport are fading away and the new ones just dont appear. Jones burned himself, Robbie's reign was too short and UFC didnt promote him the way they should.

Champions are changing like every month... Hard to find someone to rly cheer for.

Hard to beat legends of Fedor, GSP, Anderson...

I remember the days...

Anderson fought Franklin
rich-franklin-anderson-silva.jpg

GSP vs Condit
hi-res-6759652_crop_north.jpg

Fedor vs Cro Cop.
Fedor-vs-Cro-Cop.jpg

Awesome days... Fed vs Cro was probably my favorite heavyweight fight of all time. Anderson schooled Rich so bad i was sad for a moment. And when that high kick landed on GSP head i was like :

"CMON GEORGE DONT GIVE UP, YOU CAN F*CKING DO IT!"

I'm stirred when i see those pictures. At least I have my Joanna Jedrzjeczyk to cheer for. :d

So much good memories...

When you had Chuck Liddell making the walk or Hughes or even Prime Cro cop or Fedor or many of the former beasts like Severn or Abbot etc etc. These days are long gone imo.

Sorry for saying this but everything seems artificial to me who loves the technicality part of fighting and also mean dudes going at it but nowadays it's turning into pop-culture where the best don't fight the best just check out the recent lined-up fights and upcoming title fights
I tweaked it a little.
In Five years someone will say the same thing referring to current stars.

It absolutely isn't, they let women in the cage. Without a mop bucket.

They needed to make the sport look less brutal to get it legalized in NY.....they let them compete so there was plausible deniability about the source of blood in the octagon....

Credit to them....mma is now legal in NY.....

we have wonderboy coming up, conor, derrick lewis, the other black hw, cruz, stipe's a banger, thhe women are fun now. it's all good

It's the USADA era, we just gotta accept it

They needed to make the sport look less brutal to get it legalized in NY.....they let them compete so there was plausible deniability about the source of blood in the octagon....

Credit to them....mma is now legal in NY.....

So the lack of ability to physically cause damage got MMA sanctioned? 1 step back to take 1 forward is not progress.

I still love it as much as ever, I hope this trend of champs getting ko'd 3 minutes into the first round ends soon though, I want to see good fights.

Dana and Fertita's were doing their best to attract casual fans and expand PPV buys. I havent bought a PPV in forever and the last event I went to was Shad knocking out Liddell in ATL. Im uninterested now unless the Diaz bro's fight or Cyborg. Guess we will see what the new owners direction is but I expect more of the same.

When exactly did you lose interest? Because if you didnt like lawler v macdonald, lawler vs condit or conor vs jose you should probably go play golf or something.

I think MMA is better then ever... But the icons of the sport are fading away and the new ones just dont appear. Jones burned himself, Robbie's reign was too short and UFC didnt promote him the way they should.

Champions are changing like every month... Hard to find someone to rly cheer for.

Hard to beat legends of Fedor, GSP, Anderson...

I remember the days...

Anderson fought Franklin
rich-franklin-anderson-silva.jpg

GSP vs Condit
hi-res-6759652_crop_north.jpg

Fedor vs Cro Cop.
Fedor-vs-Cro-Cop.jpg

Awesome days... Fed vs Cro was probably my favorite heavyweight fight of all time. Anderson schooled Rich so bad i was sad for a moment. And when that high kick landed on GSP head i was like :

"CMON GEORGE DONT GIVE UP, YOU CAN F*CKING DO IT!"

I'm stirred when i see those pictures. At least I have my Joanna Jedrzjeczyk to cheer for. :d

So much good memories...
most of the current fighters seem like random people. nothing distiguishable.

cookie cutter and blah.

because the other fertita is the floating eye behind the scenes...

So likely the one reading and running back to make changes.

Hey other not as known Fertita, make a list of your top 400 fighters and fire everyone not on it. No one likes cereal with water, unless you're broke, or really drunk.

Last night sucked, but I'm loving the era. I feel the same emptiness after a shitty event (and a shitty card, to begin with), but this sport is about to liven up.

UFC 202 is the first (and biggest) of 9 consecutive weekly events. The PPVs, in particular, are going to be great. 202 will be the biggest (just wait until Conor and Nate are in the cage).

Throughout the next 2 months, we're probably going to be talking about whatever mega card they're building for MSG. UFC 200 was a dud, but 205 will be Zuffa's farewell. Lesnar's out, but it's going to be epic. Conor? Chael? Nick? GSP? Exemption?

Also, there will be spikes of excitement when CM Punk fights (yes) and many wrestling fans get tricked into watching Miocic/Reem and Faber/Rivera, as well as when Hendo knocks out Bisping and rides off into the sunset.

The fighters are a lot better these days.

But you don't have the characters or personas like you used to.

Mma seems to have weird trend periods. At this point were seeing guys get title shots who don't deserve it. In the next couple of months it will move on to something else crazy

Back