mma gear board shorts

Hwoarang

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I just was watching the old bushido event 4, and fabio mello was wearing these mma gear board shorts. I checked the mmagear website and they didn't have them, and they have yet to respond to my email. Just wondering if any of you guys know where I can get a pair of these shorts. Here's a pic of the shorts...thanks
susumu17.jpg

yeah, you can get them at MMA Gear, aka the most-shitty-fucked-up-store-on-the-planet-with-crappy-customer-service-aka-we-worship-the-devil

i.e. stay away from MMA Gear or you'll likely be ripped off.

~Foz

This are actually BGG (Brazilian Gameness Gear) - we used to sell the shorts minus the MMAGear logo (they didn't bring out a retial version of the shorts) and they are pretty popular and decent quality although not a patch on the US Gameness. The shorts are pretty thin too.

isn't Brazilian Gameness the ones who made the crappy gear that fell apart? or was that only the gi's?

~Foz

Some of the gear was/in okay. We stopped selling them because the US version is far superior. The shorts were decent, the rash were dodgy re the print would fade or peel. Gi was pretty poor and t-shirts shrank.

Fozzy said:
isn't Brazilian Gameness the ones who made the crappy gear that fell apart? or was that only the gi's?

~Foz

Yea the whole thing was a sham. They ripped off the real gameness here in the U.S. logo and everything. Total garbage.

Thanks for the heads up guys....its been almost two days and MMAgear have yet to respond to my email. I guess people were right when they said that even though its under new management its still a bad business. Too bad though, I really wanted to get a pair of those board shorts, guess I'll have to find me another.

I'd have to disagree with Adino to some extent. Not all of their gear is bad. There is a problem with the copyright and trade marking of the Brazilian Gameness logo and name which is currently being dealt with but the Brazilian company is moving away from using the name and logo and trying to emerge with a new independent identity. Their gi was a low quality gi which was very flash and absolutely low grade compared to the US Gameness brand and their rash guards did peel and fade as do most of the Brazilian brands to a lesser or greater extent but we sold a lot of the brand for a twelve month period and had no item returned.
To clarify, US Gameness have the rights to the name Gameness; US Gameness have the rights to the Spike logo/brand. US Gameness make the better product. But that doesn't necessarily equate with the product line being crap.

The new owners of MMAGear are being very evasive with lots of people about who they are and where they are based. I know a few customers (trade and retail) who contacted them because of outstanding orders or money owed and they have stated that they only took over the name and the logo. According to them they took no stock. That is patently not true as they have been advertising the same stock as the previous management had in particular, the old style Machado / Mkimono gi's. There is no way they could have acquired them from anywhere else but the original owners.

i have a pair of BGG and MMAgear shorts similiar to the one in the pic (with the leg slits) and they have both held up well altho it took awhile for my order to come...and like fightgear uk stated the shorts are thinner and have more of a "flimsy"-feeling to them (as in comparison to Sprawls, etc...) but nonetheless have held up and are quite comfortable

My point was that the company was shady, I don't care if there products are the best on the market. They orginally made there business ripping off another company, a comany that I know the people behind and that makes them a crappy company that I don't trust. They might have some good quality gear but the company is not of good quality and IMO can't be trusted.

Hwoarang said:
I just was watching the old bushido event 4, and fabio mello was wearing these mma gear board shorts. I checked the mmagear website and they didn't have them, and they have yet to respond to my email. Just wondering if any of you guys know where I can get a pair of these shorts. Here's a pic of the shorts...thanks
susumu17.jpg

its just a patch.

Listen, there are to many other good reputable companies. Don't take a chance on mmagear. They are no longer reliable and were never great in the first place. You've been warned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anddrew
Back