MMA fighters with street fight credentials

Tank shouldn't have wrestled. No cardio and we "want to be entertained!"
<20> <{JustBleed}>

Rampage slamming guys in wrestling and in street fights. Aargh.

Black Beast is a street guy, and the guy trying to rob his car probably had a heart attack when seeing The Beast coming at him.

I'd imagine Diaz bros have hazed some guys trying to be part of their gang. When they're together I suspect very little threat.

Nowadays alot of fighters claim to have street cred and go for the look also, tattooed up etc.
There was an EliteXC match up 'Street Certified' featuring Tank and Kimbo, two guys with plenty of legit street fight background.

View attachment 869870 View attachment 869873

Alongside this other MMA fighters with street fight credentials are

Of course Lee Murray
View attachment 869874

Jorge Masvidal
View attachment 869871
Masvidal vs Ray (Kimbo protege)

Eddie "the underground king" Alvarez
View attachment 869872

“I had already been in maybe 100 street fights before I ever got in a ring or a cage,”

“At that time, when I was 18 or 19 years old, there was no way that someone could convince me that someone could beat me in a fight…I wouldn’t even believe it.”

Which other fighters to have fought MMA have the legit street background

Was that Kimbo's greatest win?

Mark Hunt used to wreck fools every weekend in downtown Auckland and Western Sydney.
He talks about KOing dudes in pubs in his book.

BJ PENN ..I'm being serious before he entered the UFC he was a legendary street fighter where he grew up. Don't @ with that depressing video .
I’m sure Derrick Lewis has beaten a bunch of dudes asses.
This lol , probably killed a guy <45>.
Funny that the guy who claims to be 200-0 on the street got SLEPT by a guy with no wiki profile in amateur boxing....
Makes sense the guys homies with Joe Shilling lol . Although he is a good fighter and I like watching him fight .

Those Team Quest boys (Hendo, Randy Couture) were known to get into some bar scraps and clear the house.

Houston Alexander wasn't on social security when Kimbo beat him. James Thompson was probably still in his prime, if that is saying much.

Just based on name value, Ken Shamrock is Kimbo's greatest win.

I would say probably yes. Tank was 42 when he fought Kimbo whereas Ken was a washed up 50 so it wasn't seen as meaning much.

The James Thompson fight was controversial as it could have been stopped for a Thompson win but the ref was clearly favouring their money in the bank fighter.

But mainly because Kimbo said that he always wanted to fight Tank Abbott even when he was coming up and doing backyard fights. So it fulfilled his dream and was the fight everyone wanted to see as soon as Kimbo turned pro, that one minute of hell they put in was probably the pinnacle of his career in terms of his popularity and hype at the time, you can just hear the crowd going crazy in that fight it's not something I've heard very often at any event.

i

i

i

That "fat" guy that knocked out Don Frye was Hawaiian legend and multiple time Golden Glove winner Sonny Westbrook. So just not some random braddah.
Damn i had no idea. That makes me feel better.

Back