Missing some good survival movies

This isn't exactly what you want. It's about a man surviving in the wilderness, his way of life and how it's incompatible with modern society. But it's a classic film from a GOAT director and takes place in Siberia

dersu-uzala-the-hunter-movie-poster-1977-1020214230.jpg

Damn good film.

I shall also suggest this:
Letter-Never-Sent.jpg
Evil Spirit of Yambuya is another good tundra movie.

Then there's of course

Leave No Trace is about a troubled veteran (Ben Foster) and his daughter who live off the grid in the Oregon wilderness. It's not necessarily only about survival, but it has plenty of those aspects. From the director of Winter's Bone. I'd recommend it and it gets terrific reviews.

p15193834_v_v8_ab.jpg
I'm going to watch this if it's by director of Winter's Bone, thanks for the recommendation

Jeremiah Johnson was awesome. The Revenant is great too.

Yea because I didnt watch them already.

douche reply to someone who replied with suggestions in your thread where you asked for suggestions.

if you don't want people suggesting movies that you already watched, you could have told us what you've watched already then.

anyway, for lack of a better suggestion, and it's a fucking love story (only watched it because of the missus), The Mountain Between Us.

Rescue Dawn.

Not a wilderness build-shit-to-survive type of movie since it's a POW situation, but it definitely has that survival feel to it and it's a great movie with amazing performance from Christian Bale. Very underrated IMO and it's based on a true story.

douche reply to someone who replied with suggestions in your thread where you asked for suggestions.

if you don't want people suggesting movies that you already watched, you could have told us what you've watched already then.

anyway, for lack of a better suggestion, and it's a fucking love story (only watched it because of the missus), The Mountain Between Us.

Heh heh, crazy part is most people haven't seen Man in Wilderness and most people haven't even heard of All is Lost.

Swiss Army Man.

Something off the beaten path - very, very different and not for everyone, but I really liked it:
Although survival is the context, it's not really the focus of the story.

Shackleton.
Also the movie about the Shackleton Expedition has plenty of the elements of a survival movie. The movie is pretty decent.

Naked Fear

A pretty decent looking girl with ok sized natural boobs left fully nude in the wilderness as she's hunted for sport.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luciusaugustus
Back