Miss Philippines Megan Young crowned Miss World 2013 in Bali

Patani (if she was young)? Or Whitney Tyson (if older, a play on Whitney Houston's name)?

Def not the latter, and I just googled Patani and it's not her, either. The girl I'm thinking of is actually even darker than that chick. I could be wrong about that, though, as my Filipino gf and I broke up a couple of years ago so I haven't been exposed to GMA/TFC in a long time.

Shit, now I'm going to waste entirely too much time trying to figure this out, haha.

Don't have TFC or GMA Pinoy so I dunno who it is.

WAAAT?!?! Baliw...

Def not the latter, and I just googled Patani and it's not her, either. The girl I'm thinking of is actually even darker than that chick. I could be wrong about that, though, as my Filipino gf and I broke up a couple of years ago so I haven't been exposed to GMA/TFC in a long time.

Shit, now I'm going to waste entirely too much time trying to figure this out, haha.

What age group does she fall on and what year was she popular? Dark actresses usually have limited spots and doesn't get wildly popular locally. Any other description?

Edit: Myka Flores? From Bubble Gang?

Interesting theory...

sandra-bullock-3-400.jpg

160913_Beach_03.jpg

Are you female?

Perhaps not Sandra Bullock. Liv Tyler on the other hand....
liv_tyler_13-normal.jpg

A flattering picture of Liv when she was in her prime and she is one of the hottest women ever..perhaps a tie with her and Poebe Cates

phoebe-cates-006.jpg

Everybody has their preference, Ashley Greene is mine

ashley-greene-dk1109-xl-mdn.jpg

What age group does she fall on and what year was she popular? Dark actresses usually have limited spots and doesn't get wildly popular locally. Any other description?

Edit: Myka Flores? From Bubble Gang?

Sorry; I'd say mid-20s, so Myka Flores is out. You're right about the limited roles, like I said I think she plays a maid on a telenovela. I thought she was cute but I think the consensus on the show was that she was kinda ugly and though my Tagalog is terrible, they were joking at her expense a lot due to her looks/skin color.

I can't remember if she had nappy, Aeta-esque hair or not. I'm leaning towards yes.

So: pretty young, was on at least one TV drama, and either Eat Bulaga or Wowowee (forget which) circa 2010-2011. No idea if she's still on. These shows have such huge casts it's impossible to figure out who's who.

Yeah, I know! Our household doesn't have a TFC or GMA Pinoy subscription but we do own a Magic Mic :icon_chee

Haha...fucking Magic Mic. Sometimes a shitty singer gets a 99, and a great singer gets a 70. That thing is tone deaf.

Their limited Elton John choices were always my jams.

BTW...lmao--> http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/07/world/asia/07karaoke.html?_r=0

Sorry; I'd say mid-20s, so Myka Flores is out. You're right about the limited roles, like I said I think she plays a maid on a telenovela. I thought she was cute but I think the consensus on the show was that she was kinda ugly and though my Tagalog is terrible, they were joking at her expense a lot due to her looks/skin color.

I can't remember if she had nappy, Aeta-esque hair or not. I'm leaning towards yes.

So: pretty young, was on at least one TV drama, and either Eat Bulaga or Wowowee (forget which) circa 2010-2011. No idea if she's still on. These shows have such huge casts it's impossible to figure out who's who.
If she was on either Eat Bulaga or Wowowee then she'd had to have been pretty good looking. Can't remember any dark girls on Wowowee though so she most likely have been in EB. Was she a dancer? Is this her?
chikkamin_010412_2.jpg

310nppa-rochellepangilinan_084149.jpg

She's not that dark though. And she doesn't have aeta hair. Gaaahhhh.

Haha...fucking Magic Mic. Sometimes a shitty singer gets a 99, and a great singer gets a 70. That thing is tone deaf.

Their limited Elton John choices were always my jams.

BTW...lmao--> http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/07/world/asia/07karaoke.html?_r=0
Lol. Those things just score based on volume and timing. My brother can't sing at all but he almost always scores 100 there just by knowing when to "sing" and how loud it should be. :icon_lol:

moot. she doesn't look filipino at all. she looks like a tanned heidi klum or something.

If she was on either Eat Bulaga or Wowowee then she'd had to have been pretty good looking. Can't remember any dark girls on Wowowee though so she most likely have been in EB. Was she a dancer? Is this her?
chikkamin_010412_2.jpg

310nppa-rochellepangilinan_084149.jpg

She's not that dark though. And she doesn't have aeta hair. Gaaahhhh.

Shit, not her. We just aren't going to be able to figure it out, I'm afraid. That chick you posted is better looking than the girl I'm thinking of. She was DARK, essentially "African-American" dark. Or maybe she just looked that dark next to all the bleached skin Filipino-Chinese/Filipino-Whites on TV, haha.

Lol. Those things just score based on volume and timing. My brother can't sing at all but he almost always scores 100 there just by knowing when to "sing" and how loud it should be. :icon_lol:

Agreed; timing is everything with videoke.

that Spanish blood doing work

Lol, myth. Like 5% of Filipinos have Spanish blood. Her dad is American (fuck yeah!) and Young doesn't sound like a Spanish surname to me.

Back