Social Miss Michigan stripped of title for controversial conservative Tweets

No its not and yes I disagree. Whether or not its oppressive depends on the context. If we're talking about a woman in Iran being threatened with prison if she doesn't wear it then yes that is oppressive but if we're talking about a woman in a secular country choosing to wear it its not oppressive.

Besides criticizing any major world religion is going to be controversial by default. Bill Burr was asked if he went too far on a morning show for making fun of the Catholic Church over the abuse scandal for instance.

Good that you say Iran and prison. Those I know in Sweden do not wear and it is a conscious act. Then with so much else in life we have different taste and what we find repulsive. I personally have never liked headgear and think it is filthy to see people at dinner tables or in school classes with caps. Since we in Malmö have a majority who go around with Chador, it is normal that you react. Especially during the hot days we have had in July, it will be extra remarkable with black covering everything. As I said, this is my own personal opinion. Just as I have never understood men who do not have underpants under the jeans.

GettyImages-93329396.jpg

This was the most suitable picture that matches the warm Swedish days and young women who wear short skirts and the eyes of those who wear Chador. They look at the naked flesh and find it offensive? What moves in their head at that moment? "If I had chosen to dress, my husband had killed me in the most brutal way." Meanwhile, forgetting they are in a new land, a land of freedom. Don't you think this is a pretty strange behavior by an outsider @Kafir-kun ?

Last edited:
Good that you say Iran and prison. Those I know in Sweden do not wear and it is a conscious act. Then with so much else in life we have different taste and what we find repulsive. I personally have never liked headgear and think it is filthy to see people at dinner tables or in school classes with caps. Since we in Malmö have a majority who go around with Chador, it is normal that you react. Especially during the hot days we have had in July, it will be extra remarkable with black covering everything. As I said, this is my own personal opinion. Just as I have never understood men who do not have underpants under the jeans.

GettyImages-93329396.jpg

This was the most suitable picture that matches the warm Swedish days and young women who wear short skirts and the eyes of those who wear Chador. They look at the naked flesh and find it offensive? What moves in their head at that moment? "If I had chosen to dress, my husband had killed me in the most brutal way." Meanwhile, forgetting they are in a new land, a land of freedom. Don't you think this is a pretty strange behavior by an outsider @Kafir-kun ?
They shouldn't stare because that's rude, they wouldn't want someone else staring at them. But not sure about all that shit you're on about. If they want to cover up I don't see the issue, those women look fine to me. Its a bit on the conservative side even for hijabis but whatever. Westerners are triggered by seeing hijabis as evidenced by the OP so its a two way street when it comes to taking offense.

1. I would not like to be forced to wear something I don't like. Obviously decent clothes for the specific field of work you are in are necessary, but even then... wearing long pants in summer is a hazard.

“Did you know the majority of black deaths are caused by other blacks? Fix problems within your own community first before blaming others.”

She claims that to be statistics that don't lie...
A) Maybe in higher math you can go without numbers, but you can't in statistics. Try publishing a paper that says "yeah well obviously that kind of treatment is superior because, well... like... the control group did worse" and then get in a rage when the reviewer rejects it. Laughable.

B) I would like to think that anyone with a working knowledge of the world understands that statistics are worthless without contextual relevant information. So even letting her go with the unspecific "statistic", as she claims she is studying this, it's obvious she either is a very bad student or has a clear cut agenda (or, to give her the benefit of the doubt, an immature 20 year old that still does not understand, that addressing complex matters in a format like ONE tweet should be avoided).

Given an example: migrants are commiting more crime than the general public in my country percentage wise. Relevant to this is that migrants have higher chance of a low SES and lower SES correlates with higher crime rate unrelated to migration status (this is partially explained through legal and social barrieres to get better work or sometimes work at all depending on your legal status). So without the additional information you have to assume, that their is something inherant to migrants that makes them more crime prone. Maybe just bad people. Or the culture isn't fit for our society or anything. With the additional information you can get sceptical regarding the merit of the first context-free information, can start to research a little and find out, that controlled for SES migrants don't commit more crimes, as in comparing a group of natives and migrants in the same SES doesn't give significant differences regarding crimes per person.
From that you can think if improving the possibilities for migrants to rise in SES would lower their crime rate and so on... (obviously this is to simplistically of an explanation and not exhaustiv, but should make it as an example)

Again, either she is very bad at her field and therefore shouldn't be taken serious or she has a clear cut agenda, that she is trying to hide and therefore shouldn't be taken serious.
She is 20 if i read that correctly, so hope is not lost on her.

Yeah I want to know what she posted, not what she says she posted.
In case it hasn't been adressed; this is one thing she posted: “Did you know the majority of black deaths are caused by other blacks? Fix problems within your own community first before blaming others.”

How the fuck did this 6/10 win Miss Michigan?

There must be discrimination against the tons of beautiful white women

Some of the funniest memes I see are Republican women vs Democratic women. Well if you can call them women, I think wildabeast is closer to reality

i like how the thread title changed for being a stupid right wing lie.

The med is way hotter. What do you feed them there?
She looks a bit dark for my tastes in other pics but she is still hot as fuck. Miss Helsinki on the other hand is just some pc shit, they gave the title to some random black girl cuz she was black.

She's full of shit. The tweet that supposedly caused all the controversy is no where to be found, wonder why. Later, she said she politely declined to put on a hijab and then went to class, only to later claim a Muslim tried to forcibly put a hijab on her head.

Credibility: 0%

I wonder how posters defending this would feel if devout Muslim participants in these competitions were forced to adorn a yarmulke.

It seems reasonable that Americans should be allowed to boycott that. Expecting tolerance of people who do wear these other religious symbols is something I would expect of Americans. So if you boycott because a Muslim or a Jew is allowed in the competition, and wears that by choice for the fashion portions, I would not care for it. However, demanding they wear this stuff is authoritarian, and deeply un-American.
Who is doing that?

The thread title also mentions, "...and tweets."

I don't find any of her tweets cited here objectionable.
The tweet she got in trouble for is deleted. Open the link in the op regarding try on a hijab day or whatever it was. The original tweet that caused all of this isn't displayed and it's no longer on twitter. The whole thing stinks, and it isn't the people offended by her that are the problem from what I can tell.

From what I gather it's not really about refusing to wear it. The organization did not come up with a hijab, tell her to wear it and demote her when she refused. She saw a booth where people were doing there thing, she then bashed them on the internet. Also, in the conversation with the director, he seemed to talk more about the comments on blacks and she really didn't help herself being very defensive and passive aggressive from the start.

I think as an admin it is your duty to change the OP title as it is highly misleading. That is how fake news is spread ; it's not about inventing stuff, it's about presenting events in a misleading way. Whether it's the left or the right doing it, there has to be a fight against fake news.
Referring to the hijab incident, she added that “a Muslim woman tried to forcibly put a hijab on my head without my permission”.
Ummm, try reading the whole article.

She looks a bit dark for my tastes in other pics but she is still hot as fuck. Miss Helsinki on the other hand is just some pc shit, they gave the title to some random black girl cuz she was black.
Wasn't even a random hot black girl

MtgmgLO.jpg

Did you read the article? Obviously not. A Muslim woman tried to forcefully put one on her.
where does it say that? all i found was this;
1) UCF is a public campus, meaning I can take pictures of anything, especially a public RSO group.
2) I took three pictures, you asked me if I want to wear this scarf of oppression, I politely declined, said thank you, and headed to class.
3) trying to get me expelled for what?

— Kathy Zhu (@PoliticalKathy) February 2, 2018
would seem she changed her story after the fact to make it juicier

edit - yeah i found it, sounds like some bullshit made up a year later, i'll take her on her own words around the actual time of the incident

Back