Miocic on Werdum: "he hasn't fought someone like me"

" More sound than Cain "

You realize a broken, battered, past his prime JDS beat Stipe over 5 rounds, while Cain absolutely mauled the fucking shit out of JDS for 10 9 rounds. Cain is better.

Not meaning Stipe can't win, this is MMA. But Werdum has already fought much better fighters than Stipe.

Both Cain and JDS are much better fighters than Stipe. We will soon see Entitlement Stipe get beat down again.

The real statement is that Stipe hasn't faced anybody like Werdum. When Stipe fights any really good top tier fighters he crumbles.

Miocic hasn't faces someone like Werdum.
Strong in the clinch,world class ground game and grappling.

Miocic won't bring anything Werdum hasn't ever faced before.
Anywhere in the stand up or on the ground.
Werdum has never fought a boxer like Stipe.

" More sound than Cain "

You realize a broken, battered, past his prime JDS beat Stipe over 5 rounds, while Cain absolutely mauled the fucking shit out of JDS for 10 9 rounds. Cain is better.

Not meaning Stipe can't win, this is MMA. But Werdum has already fought much better fighters than Stipe.

Did you see how awful Cain's striking looked in his last fight? We're not comparing their fights with JDS which btw, Junior won the first fight by KO'ing Cain.

No head movement, poor footwork, he just plodded forward and Werdum completely torched him on the feet, controlled him easily in the clinch, dropped him with a big knee, he beat Cain up so badly on the feet that Cain had no other choice but to shoot a sloppy takedown on Werdum. It was one of the worst displays of striking defense I've ever seen, Stipe is far more methodical than Cain and has much better movement, footwork and an overall understanding of defense which is something that Cain has never truly had dating back to the Kongo fight.

Both Cain and JDS are much better fighters than Stipe. We will soon see Entitlement Stipe get beat down again.
Yeah, junior, who eeked out a semi controversial 5 round decision in a bloody fire fight is 'much better' than Stipe. Smart thinking there

"He hasn't fought someone like me"-Said every fighter EVER.
and they would all be correct, in a weird way.
Everyone is different.
Even the same fighter fighting against the same opponent will change things.

So yeah, every fighter can say this... that does not mean a good or bad thing though. Just stating a fact! ;)

3rd round wasnt close but Gonzaga was gassed and didnt do anything. He won the first and the 2nd was fairly competitive.

I pretty much agree with what you are saying. I do think you are SO grossly disrespectful of Gonzaga's ground game.

Did you [honestly I mean really] watch either of Gonzaga's fights with Werdum?

99.999% of Sherdog has not and just reads fight finder.

There wasn't an honest person that can say that in Jungle fights that Gonzaga was NOT SO COMPLETELY dominant in grappling between the two that he made Werdum look like Lavar Johnson on the ground.

What was it like 6-8 Gonzaga take downs to (0?) for Werdum? Like 9 minutes of top control in the first two rounds for Gonzaga? Was there anyone on Earth that didn't KNOW that it was 20-18 after two rounds in favor of the vastly superior grappler in Gonzaga? Werdum's corner 100% acknowledged that it wasn't close and required a finish in the 3rd round to not lose to Gabriel, was their anyone who disagreed with his own corner?

Werdum is SEVERE desperation to win turned to his obvious advantage and KTFO'd the vastly inferior striker in Gonzaga!!! This was 2005 (The year that Werdum won ADCC - supposedly his peak in submission grappling, and Gabriel is two years younger than Werdum!.

You can GUARANTEE that hurt Fabricio's pride. When they fought the second time much later in the UFC, Werdum was hellbent to prove that getting tooled in Grappling was an aberration. Unfortunatly round 1 of their contest in the Octagon proved no different. Werdum SIMPLY is not on the level of Gonzaga in submission grappling. It became abundantly clear however the improvement in Werdum's striking. He didn't mess around and went for the kill in the standup and KTFO'd Gabriel in round 2 rather than continuing to try to "pound" a square peg into a round hole!

Werdum has never fought a boxer like Stipe.

He's fought a better striker in (Roided up) Ubereem.
I'll give him a good chance in the stand up though,he can hold his own against anyone.

Yeah, junior, who eeked out a semi controversial 5 round decision in a bloody fire fight is 'much better' than Stipe. Smart thinking there

Whatever Final Say.

You are the single Sherdog poster that is incapable of noticing any difference between Pre-Cain JDS and post Cain JDS.

OK, Stipe lost to the best version of JDS we have ever seen, better?

Never got this comparison. It stops at wrestlers who box. Stipe is a much bigger, longer and athletic guy with way, way better boxing. They're really not that similar.

Junior against Stipe was not the same Junior that fought Alistair. Overeem benefitted greatly from the ass whooping that Stipe and Junior put on each other. JDS looked like the walking dead after round 2 against Stipe.

Bro, we know about your Croatian nationality & you have a soft place for Stipe. But don't let that fondness make you blind.

Though I believe Cain & Stipe are both different fighters. Both are wrestler turned boxer but they have different elements. Cain has great pressure game & great Takedowns, but Stipe is more clinical/technical Striker with better Top control. So I will give you that.

But all this talk about JDS deterring because of the beating he received from Stipe, is pure comical. By saying that you are doing a great disservice to Alistair. Alistair won that match because he came up with a great gameplan & he is more talented Striker. Therefore he succeeded beating JDS while Stipe failed.

Personally im not even intrested in Werdum VS Stipe, cant see Werdum losing that one.

Werdum hasn't fought anyone who lost to a uncoordinated 7' tall guy

Stipe is a technician. Puncher's chance does not describe him at all. He can certainly out point Werdum on the feet
Agree. Werdum's striking has volume, and he is very aggressive. However, provided he doesn't fold under pressure, I believe Stipe could exploit holes in Werdum's game. It's not that Werdum is the heavyweight Anderson Silva in terms of striking technique.

He's fought a better striker in (Roided up) Ubereem.
I'll give him a good chance in the stand up though,he can hold his own against anyone.
I disagree that Overeem is a better striker. More powerful and thus a bit more dangerous in exchanes, but not better.

I disagree that Overeem is a better striker. More powerful and thus a bit more dangerous in exchanes, but not better.
Forget about Alistair, He faced Kharitonov, who is better Striker than Stipe.

Forget about Alistair, He faced Kharitonov, who is better Striker than Stipe.
I already mentioned this. I do agree. Kharitonov destroyed a 7' striker with WAY longer (88" reach) that Struve.

If ANYONE is stupid enough to think 7' Struve is in 6'11.5" Shilt's league in striking is a serious dim wit.

Kharitonov would rape Stipe in K-1, and likely would beat him in MMA.

Struve can't in his wettest dream think of getting compared to Semmy in striking. Damn!

Let me put this into perspective.

Stipe has a long reach even for HW (80").

He has fought EXACTLY one fighter with a longer reach (Struve - 84.5") and got his butt KTFO'd!!!

Since Struve raped Stipe, Stipe has fought nobody with reach > 77"!!!

- He lost to 77" reach JDS.
- He beat a fighter with 77" reach, but an even higher age in Arlovski. (OK good win against ONLY ranked fighter that he has ever beaten without T-Rex arms in the HW division!

He does beat HW fighters with particularly short arms that the UFC has padded his recent (4 YEAR) UFC career with. In descending sequence by reach!
76" Gonzaga
75" Maldonado (A LHW)
74" Hunt
72" Roy Nelson

Just out of curiosity, why is it that we think that Stipe is going to manage beating 77" reach Werdum again?

Back