Miocic on Werdum: "he hasn't fought someone like me"

Final Say

So Icey Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
http://m.ufc.com/news/stipe-miocic-...heavyweight-champion-fabricio-werdum-feb-2016

"I think Werdum is a great fighter – he’s fought the best in the world and beaten the best in the world, but he hasn’t fought someone like me. It’s going to be interesting when he fights me because he has no idea what I’m going to do.

“I’m going to get that belt, so he can hop on the fire truck while I’m holding it at the parade,” he added, reiterating an offer the firefighter and EMT made to allow Werdum to join him in Cleveland during his victory parade and holding firm to his pledge to bring a championship back to the shores of Lake Erie.

“We need it, the city needs it. We’re so close all the time and I’m going to take care of it,” he said. “I will win the championship.”

I agree. Miocic utilizes way more footwork than anyone else in HW

I agree. Werdum has not fought weaker version of Cain yet.

That's a pretty arrogant thing to say seeing as he's fought Fedor, Nog, Overeem, JDS, and Cain. He sounds like Brendan Schaub.

Last edited:
Miocic has good movement and he's more sound than Cain whose probably the guy most comparable to Stipe but I think Werdum isn't really getting the appreciation he should, guy is on an all time run in the last six years with the only loss being that stinker to Overeem.

Miocic deserves the shot but Werdum will beat him. Round 4 submission.

"He hasn't fought someone like me"-Said every fighter EVER.

Miocic has good movement and he's more sound than Cain whose probably the guy most comparable to Stipe but I think Werdum isn't really getting the appreciation he should, guy is on an all time run in the last six years with the only loss being that stinker to Overeem.

A very fair take and I wish you luck on that prediction!

hqdefault.jpg

That cuts both ways. Miocic hasn't faced someone that brings Werdum's level of clinch, grappling, and creativity.

Although I would pull for Stipe, hes only got a punchers chance.
The longer the fight goes the less of that he has....showed the JDS fight!

Cain is similar enough to Stipe. Much worse boxing but better wrestling, top game and clinch game.

At least Cain is closer to Stipe stylistically than anyone Stipe has fought in comparison to Werdum. He never fought anyone remotely close to him in terms of style. Closest is who Gonzaga? lol and Gabriel was winning that fight before he gassed and took a round from Stipe who couldnt finish him.
Oh that's very, very false. Stipe totally outclassed him, fight wasn't even close.

Although I would pull for Stipe, hes only got a punchers chance.
The longer the fight goes the less of that he has....showed the JDS fight!
Stipe is a technician. Puncher's chance does not describe him at all. He can certainly out point Werdum on the feet

Kharitonov would kill Stipe in the standup. FFS Miocic, he was a LONG TIME partner with the "other" Croation HW fighter!

G.D. Miocic what is it that Werdum HASN'T . . . .

White guys: [Check] (Semmy WAY whiter that Stipe in this aspect).
Strikers: [Check] Reem, JDS and Kharitonov > Stipe
Wrestlers: [Check] Cain & Big Cat > Stipe
Submission grapplers: [Check] Fedor, Big Nog (x2) & Gonzaga (x2) all tap Stipe in a BJJ contest.

Yep, every aspect of MMA Werdum has faced fighters way better than Miocic.

" More sound than Cain "

You realize a broken, battered, past his prime JDS beat Stipe over 5 rounds, while Cain absolutely mauled the fucking shit out of JDS for 10 9 rounds. Cain is better.

Not meaning Stipe can't win, this is MMA. But Werdum has already fought much better fighters than Stipe.

3rd round wasnt close but Gonzaga was gassed and didnt do anything. He won the first and the 2nd was fairly competitive.
We remember it differently. In any case I don't believe the two are very close in terms of skill and it showed as the fight progressed

Aw well

Oh that's very, very false. Stipe totally outclassed him, fight wasn't even close.

Stipe is a technician. Puncher's chance does not describe him at all. He can certainly out point Werdum on the feet

tumblr_static_white_knight.jpg

He fought a much better version of you, Cain.
Never got this comparison. It stops at wrestlers who box. Stipe is a much bigger, longer and athletic guy with way, way better boxing. They're really not that similar.
" More sound than Cain "

You realize a broken, battered, past his prime JDS beat Stipe over 5 rounds, while Cain absolutely mauled the fucking shit out of JDS for 10 9 rounds. Cain is better.

Not meaning Stipe can't win, this is MMA. But Werdum has already fought much better fighters than Stipe.
Junior against Stipe was not the same Junior that fought Alistair. Overeem benefitted greatly from the ass whooping that Stipe and Junior put on each other. JDS looked like the walking dead after round 2 against Stipe.

Back