• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Minner fight is under investigation

Minner is coached by James Krause, a retired fighter and known sports bettor who hosts the "1% Club" podcast and a popular Discord channel that features his betting tips. Krause did not respond to a request for comment Sunday from ESPN.

giphy.gif

My 2 cents. I don’t think the fight was fixed because the big line movement happened a few hours before the fight. What likely happened was it leaked that the guy had a serious injury. Betting on that info isn’t illegal unless the guys trainer bet against his own fighter knowing that . That should be illegal. Anyone else betting on that information wouldn’t be in trouble.

if I would have known that TJ had a shot shoulder I would have taken the champ, and it would have been perfectly legal. Unfortunately I didn’t know and lost money on that fight. Gamblers r always trying to get an edge.

Lol at people defending and thinking this is a coincidence.I'm usually against conspiracy theories,but this ain't one,it's clear as a day someone got the information out that Minner is injuried and that the injury is not minor,hence the ML,under and ITD line got hammered

Apperently the line that moved the most was Shayilan round 1 KO/TKO.
No doubt in my mind that Minner threw that fight and Krause's entourage profited from that fight.

Let's assume people did bet on information that Minner was hurt. Why is that necessarily improper? Tons of guys fight injured (and win).

What?!?
Is there a possibility the injured fighter could win?
Sure.
Is an injured fighter less likely to win? Of fucking course. It's an obvious betting advantage.

If I knew about TJs shoulder I would have bet my house, wife, and left nut on aljo.

This!!! I can't believe that this is only just coming up now. The 1st time I saw Gianni The Greek with his super white teeth talking about the odds and who's who. I mean. The organisation that puts on the entire event and polices the athletes also promotes the betting? No one can see what's wrong here? It's fucking Wise Guy City

It's not the NBA or F.A or NFL where the sport is handled by one company and the media by others. With the UFC, it's ALL in house. It's been very corruptible since it's inception.
I can deal with Gianni's teeth, it's his voice that makes me want to drop kick him from the top turnbuckle.

Its about time. Obviously Krause is heavily involved in betting. He went as far as starting a service that use other peoples accounts for his bets.
Skinny bets is another tipster that is shady AF. A lot of over bets in heavy favorites that could finish the fight fast but choose to drag in longer than they should. And obviously they always shout Skinny bets in their post fight interviews.

Apperently the line that moved the most was Shayilan round 1 KO/TKO.
No doubt in my mind that Minner threw that fight and Krause's entourage profited from that fight.
U r basically saying that a few hours before the fight everyone decided to fix the fight. Unlikely. That would have happened earlier in the week. If he throws the fight and is caught. His career is over and never fights in the ufc again, and gets arrested.

I can deal with Gianni's teeth, it's his voice that makes me want to drop kick him from the top turnbuckle.

It's everything man. Such an obvious wannabe wise guy. Whoever it was that sanctioned it is an idiot. The worst and tackiest look possible. Still blows me away. No one ever said how bad of an idea it clear was?

Its about time. Obviously Krause is heavily involved in betting. He went as far as starting a service that use other peoples accounts for his bets.
Skinny bets is another tipster that is shady AF. A lot of over bets in heavy favorites that could finish the fight fast but choose to drag in longer than they should. And obviously they always shout Skinny bets in their post fight interviews.

yeah fighters were still calling them out in post fight interviews after ufc said fighters aren't allowed to bet on fights too. haven't heard any for a couple events tho iirc. gotta think dana and ufc will be pissed at krause here

What?!?
Is there a possibility the injured fighter could win?
Sure.
Is an injured fighter less likely to win? Of fucking course. It's an obvious betting advantage.

If I knew about TJs shoulder I would have bet my house, wife, and left nut on aljo.
Especially at the highest level. TJ could beat me with a shot shoulder but not the champion. It’s definitely a betting advantage. Betting is about getting value on your bets. If the fight is 50/50 and u can get 2 to 1, you bet on the fight. It doesn’t mean you will win for sure, but if you make enough of those positive bets u will win in the long term.

It's everything man. Such an obvious wannabe wise guy. Whoever it was that sanctioned it is an idiot. The worst and tackiest look possible. Still blows me away. No one ever said how bad of an idea it clear was?
If you dig into his background it's as shady as his appearance.. I don't know how tf he got hired either.

Missing the big red elephant in the room here: Dana White is the most degenerate gambling addict in the UFC and routinely bets on fights, how are you going to say fighters and coaches can’t bet on fights when the PROMOTER and MATCHMAKER of the company is betting every week? How can one be a conflict of interest and the other isn’t?

Because the promoter pays them!

My 2 cents. I don’t think the fight was fixed because the big line movement happened a few hours before the fight. What likely happened was it leaked that the guy had a serious injury. Betting on that info isn’t illegal unless the guys trainer bet against his own fighter knowing that . That should be illegal. Anyone else betting on that information wouldn’t be in trouble.

if I would have known that TJ had a shot shoulder I would have taken the champ, and it would have been perfectly legal. Unfortunately I didn’t know and lost money on that fight. Gamblers r always trying to get an edge.

He doesn't have to throw the fight necessarily, but what if he wanted to pull out and Krause pressured him into fighting injured?

If this turns out to be dodgy, Krause might well be blacklisted from MMA, you think?

The UFC have to act.

As people have pointed out, the UFC want people to gamble.

They're not going to gamble as much if fights are rigged and insiders win everybody's money.

Dana has to avoid being myopic here and punish the shit out of this.

He looks like if somebody was going to make a cartoon about a slimey gambler character and they overdid it completely

TJ's last fight should be investigated too. Dude knew he couldn't fight, but didn"t say anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back