• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Minner fight is under investigation

Missing the big red elephant in the room here: Dana White is the most degenerate gambling addict in the UFC and routinely bets on fights, how are you going to say fighters and coaches can’t bet on fights when the PROMOTER and MATCHMAKER of the company is betting every week? How can one be a conflict of interest and the other isn’t?

It’s about god damn time. This has been happening more and more recently.

Missing the big red elephant in the room here: Dana White is the most degenerate gambling addict in the UFC and routinely bets on fights, how are you going to say fighters and coaches can’t bet on fights when the PROMOTER and MATCHMAKER of the company is betting every week? How can one be a conflict of interest and the other isn’t?

Where did you read he bets on fights? You got proof or you jumping to conclusions?

Because he has money and friends in high places I suppose.

The rumors I read said that info about Minner's injury leaked on Krause's (private?) Discord server that he has for his gambling biz day of the fight.

James Krause might just be a dumbass. Know him through a nutritionist friend and seems friendly enough, but might be doing some shady shit. Not to say others don’t do this, but Krause doesn’t seem to be covering his tracks well…….. hope none of these bets are on his name or anyone close to him…..
They just implemented the legislations about UFC fighters, coaches, and immediate family recently. So his old bets wouldn't be an issue. But the bigger issue isn't just about betting with insider information which may or may not have prohibitions depending on state and betting sites. This would most likely be a bigger issue with fight fixing for Minner. No one injured throws with their injured limb right away with 2 hard shots. The focus will shift away from the betting issues to the fight fixing issue for Minner.

Why did he throw a kick with his left if he was “absolutely injured?” I don’t doubt he was injured. But he either has the worst fight I.Q. ever or who the fuck knows….

The better question is why he immediately threw a second one right after he nearly went down from the first.

Was one of the most bizarre things I've seen a fighter do lol.

"I just hurt my leg throwing a kick. I suppose I'll throw the exact same kick again!"

I feel like these stories are sometimes planted to gain some sort of credibility when UFC is probably engaged in all types of shady shit behind the scenes. First they ban fighters betting on themselves then the next week they're investigating 'suspicious' betting lines that barely moved.

What about the dive on the Jake Paul card the previous week involving the 18 year old wonder prospect?

That was an even more obvious dive, although this one seems pretty obvious as well.

As Cruz said, "he's not even trying to get up...".

I feel like these stories are sometimes planted to gain some sort of credibility when UFC is probably engaged in all types of shady shit behind the scenes. First they ban fighters betting on themselves then the next week they're investigating 'suspicious' betting lines that barely moved.
Are you dumb? Did you see the way the line was pretty much the same throughout the week up until a few hours prior to the fight itself taking place?

Line movements don't happen like that very often, so there's reason enough to investigate it even if we didn't factor in other stuff like:

A - Krause hosting a gambling discord and boasting about his income from gambling.
B - Minner seemingly throwing a strike with his injured leg twice without any sort of setup or attempt to grapple.

Next time try not to speak out of your ass just because you have a hard-on against the UFC.

Why did he throw a kick with his left if he was “absolutely injured?” I don’t doubt he was injured. But he either has the worst fight I.Q. ever or who the fuck knows….
if you want proof of his not very good fight IQ, watch his fight with ryan hall

His knee is completely blown, but hey just throw him in there and we’ll place massive bets against him……sounds legit.

The better question is why he immediately threw a second one right after he nearly went down from the first.

Was one of the most bizarre things I've seen a fighter do lol.

"I just hurt my leg throwing a kick. I suppose I'll throw the exact same kick again!"

Well one explanation might be that he tried to mask injury or prove himself that yeah leg works dont worry about it.
But how was he sanctioned to fight with such injury, why did he do it and why did the line go down so much? He looked like he never been in a fight with the way he moved since the bell rang and that he was super affraid of the Chinese dude. Like he was fucked from the begining. Pretty much nothing about the fight looked natural to me.

He's not betting on MMA fights. Noone is saying that you can't go and blow a bunch of money on blackjack.

Back