Milo Yiannopoulos comes to Berkeley tommorow. 1.9k people pledging to prostest. Prepare your Angus!!

This dude that @Leroy Jenkins and I met at a bar by the protest just posted this on his fb.

I assumed when I first saw him that he was part of the protest because he looked like a hippy, but he was against the protest

Is the US seriously on the verge of a civil war/revolution of some sort?
I try not to judge a nation by the sort of headlines their behaviour generates (the mainstream media has never been all that good) so I don't assume that CNN, for instance, is painting an accurate picture, but there are a couple posters on here (like Fawlty and Thurisaz) who also make it seem like this violence is just a build up to the main event.

If you're from the privileged bay, you know damn well those Berkeley useful idiots participated too.

Literally the most entitled, privileged and dullard region of people ever. All living off of their grandparents money.

I do wonder how many actual Berkeley students were involved. Berkeley is about 5 miles from Oakland. Home of the professional rioters.

Not that Berkeleys reputation doesn't precede them but Still probably a safe bet the Oakland element is responsible for a lot of it. I know a lot of people who live in Berkeley and while amazingly leftist if not overall disinterested in politics...never got the militant vibe from most of them.

Oh yeah, the media is really trying to hurt you guys here....

16426289_10154962572836171_1597007920425091759_n.jpg

I don't know what media you're watching but if it got covered at all they just tried to lie about who Milo is and blame him.

It's ok though. They'll be more deplorable behavior I'm sure.

Is the US seriously on the verge of a civil war/revolution of some sort?
I try not to judge a nation by the sort of headlines their behaviour generates (the mainstream media has never been all that good) so I don't assume that CNN, for instance, is painting an accurate picture, but there are a couple posters on here (like Fawlty and Thurisaz) who also make it seem like this violence is just a build up to the main event.
The unrest / division is certainly nothing I've seen in my lifetime. I traveled to Guatemala for a few months to do a construction project in 2007. There was some really shitty political times going on then and the vibe here isn't as bad, but I keep sensing a third world / dysfunctional feel as I did in Guate. Definitely a period in time that will be remembered, IMO. Really it's just a bunch of fucking retards piggy backing on the poor performance of the DNC as a means to exercise their retardation. Trump isn't Hitler but he's certainly a douche, but a douche who's been savagely efficient at doing shit he and his cabinet want to to do. I don't see a civil war or anything. Though, I am interested in seeing how this "sanctuary" zone stuff plays out and if university's / institutions become more transparent in their agenda's.

Like the media portraying that all followers of Milo are white supremacist ?

I have no problem with people protesting, but anyone wearing a mask should be cuffed and walked away. There is no reason for a peaceful protestor to wear a ski mask. These are paid agitators, and they put people in danger.

I think it's an embarrassment, how this crap has blown out of proportion.

The whole media it's making this seem bigger than it actually is.

I was there, 99% of students weren't doing shit, hell they were witnessing the protest.

Then some jackasses with mask came and decided to shoot fireworks @ cops, break the Amazon place, and start a fire...Then attack people.

The Media tho, try to make it seems as if all UC Berkeley was in on it, which is complete fucking bullshit...Lots of people around me were mad that they were fucking up the Amazon store and shooting fireworks @ cops.

Everybody in class today were against the violence..The people in the bars were against the violence, @Hogey asked em.

One of my teachers said that Milo was a troll and these students took the bait, this is what he wanted.

Now I come here in the War Room, and because of some dumbasses doing this, it all of sudden means that 99% of people there did it...Now the Narrative is that the left is full of violent people and they want blood...Trying to create this civil war scenario.

The riot wasn't even that bad...Not much destruction at all....Me and @Hogey were literally walking the streets like 200ft away, it wasn't bad at all, as the media portrays.

My videos of what happened.

This is the equivalent of a person killing somebody with a gun, and now acting as if everybody with guns is a maniac killer.

latest

Sorry but people with liberal ideas were against the violence yesterday.

Your right vs left narrative Civil War is pure Sensationalist News crap.

Most of the media I have been reading is downplaying the violence and trying to push the narrative that America is under attack by Nazis, Milo is their leader and the protesters are brave heroes fighting the Nazi takeover.

I'm starting to feel like the Berkley students are really getting a bad rap. This Milo event was maybe ground zero for the war against Trump. You can't get to him, so what's the next best thing? Even Milo pointed this out. So if true, you'd have to think a shit ton of outsiders would have infiltrated this event.

So yeah, i'm siding with the Berkley students. I think they are getting a bad rap.

Is there a link to media claiming that all the Berkley students were being violent? That wouldn't even be believable fake news, and I doubt the media would side with Milo.

Yep, he sums it up perfect. It was a really small area, it wasn't like everywhere in berkeley was full of chaos.

Yeah, I wanted more action as well, I expected the cops to come out and start beating on the masked rioters.
I never participated in protests, but often guy with masks = agent provocateurs. They sometimes wait for the cameras to arrive to smash windows.

Now I'm not saying there's no bad elements in leftist groups protesting, but it's something to keep in consideration.

I agree Milo gets stronger when people try to silence him because he uses that to push the idea that liberals don't believe in freedom of speech.

If they didn't protest or riot, Milo wouldn't make headline news at all, nobody would care...free advertisement

I wish somebody with good debating skills @ UC Berkeley challenged him to go 1 on 1.

Milo would win.

The truth and the facts are on the side of the right. The left love narratives and hate the truth

That's not really what I'm saying, but maybe I'm not being clear. He obviously shouldn't be charged with incitement. But he is also deliberately provoking violent reactions from people at this point. My point is that his supporters should take a look at what they're supporting here. It ain't free fuckin' speech, that's for sure.

Jesus Christ man. You're so wrong it's mind boggling.

I just went out to drink.

There was this guy that liked the violence...I told em, bro, this is exactly what Milo wanted...those people took the bait and now all UC berkeley students seem like assholes....Then another european guy bud it in and said "yeah it made international news so now he is more famous"...I was like yeah now Milo is more famous and people think UC berkeley is against freedom of speech...the best response would be to not feed the troll and let him talk.

For real though, the "fact" that Pence supports electroshock therapy is one of the most egregious examples of heresay becoming fake news becoming fact. HIV rate went up in Indiana and Pence said they should probably do something. His suggestion was to get the Indy homosexual community to be a bit more careful about practicing safe sex.

Which became "Pence asks homosexuals to alter behaviour"

Which became "Pence wants to alter sexual behaviour of homosexuals"

Which became "Pence in favour of behaviour modification for homosexuals"

Which inevitably became "Pence wants to shock the gayness out of gays"

I'm not saying he's gonna be a knight in sequined armour for the LGBTQIXYZ+ community, but if you see him at the auto store buying jumper leads it's more likely because Donald left the lights on Cadillac One on overnight than him wanting to sneak up on a gay person and put the V in VP

Plus electro-shock is a valid therapy in general. Have a friend who gets it due to depression.

Back