• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

Cody was. That's unanimous across the board. I met him in person twice and yes he is.

Bass had mixed results. But generally unfavorable. People falsely attribute ponytails to her, which is why she had so much clout. There were a lot of missteps with her. I was in the 'not a fan' category.

Like the whole Bass/Bass incident on Facebook. Chief Wright would have taken it in stride and laughed it off. She used her office and position to come down hard on the guy.

At a luncheon a friend and mentor was at, another Chief asked now that women are allowed ponytails will there be any movement on men's beards. Her response, "I'm not even going to address that. We're going to let women have their victory lap."

She highlighted an Airman from Cannon on instagram about working AFSOC and being a single mother and how hard it is. That airman's ex-husband and his friends went to her comments and posted on their receipts how that female airman cheated on him, took everything, and threatened to go to his chain of command about abuse that never happened. Basically countering everything Chief Bass posted and it was quickly taken down. Then, and I heard this secondhand so take it for a grain of salt, she went to the ex-husbands chain of command saying it was disrespectful to do that.
And they only real thing she was known for was taking selfies with people. That's it.

And of course that's who signed my retirement certificate.

I never received a retirement certificate. My last supervisor HATED my Black @$$.

I never received a retirement certificate. My last supervisor HATED my Black @$$.

It's in my desk drawer, I don't display any of them.
I'm not sure who it was, but someone requested a certificate from GWB for me. It just showed up one day

I'm not sure who it was, but someone requested a certificate from GWB for me. It just showed up one day

WOW!

Ahhh shit....realizing potential POTUS signatures that could wind up on.my certificate next year....damn and Commandant and MCPOCG. "May you retire in interesting times..."

Oh and @Strychnine I'd demand a certificate on pinciple...VA, know someone still in, AF senior enlisted not for profit group? I know a few senior enlisted types who came through USCG Chiefs academy I could reach out to if you want. You may give zero fucks, but your family might.

Last edited:
Ahhh shit....realizing potential POTUS signatures that could wind up on.my certificate next year....

Then you'll get to decide, drawer or wall.

Not trying to be snarky, the one I got for the POTUS is pretty lackluster. The one I got from the CMSAF is actually pretty nice, despite not being her biggest fan. The one I got from my wing commander is pretty cool too, and at least I know she actually signed that one.

And since I retired out of Florida I also got one from Gov Desantis.

Ahhh shit....realizing potential POTUS signatures that could wind up on.my certificate next year....damn and Commandant and MCPOCG. "May you retire in interesting times..."

Oh and @Strychnine I'd demand a certificate on pinciple...VA, know someone still in, AF senior enlisted not for profit group? I know a few senior enlisted types who came through USCG Chiefs academy I could reach out to if you want. You may give zero fucks, but your family might.

Thanks for that info, I just figured I'd leave things be. As long as my family is good, we're good.

I don't know (well I sort of do) why when one of my shipmates passes unexpectedly it hits that much harder.

I just learned today that one of my shipmates whom I shared the watch with during one of our most traumatic experiences - The Collision of 1999, had passed recently.

He was only 46 years young, in incredible shape, and seemed to have everything going for him in life.

RIP Shipmate.
We have the watch.
Gone but not forgotten.

I don't know (well I sort of do) why when one of my shipmates passes unexpectedly it hits that much harder.

I just learned today that one of my shipmates whom I shared the watch with during one of our most traumatic experiences - The Collision of 1999, had passed recently.

He was only 46 years young, in incredible shape, and seemed to have everything going for him in life.

RIP Shipmate.
We have the watch.
Gone but not forgotten.

Shit brother I feel ya. Lost one a few months ago, made even worse as he was a teammate at our Judo club and coached my daughter 15 years ago...

:: pipes the side, salutes with the left hand::
Shipmate ashore

The Senate version of the NDAA that passed committee 22-3 requires 18-26 year old women to register for selective service. Equality, baby!

The Senate version of the NDAA that passed committee 22-3 requires 18-26 year old women to register for selective service. Equality, baby!
Good.
I guess this is one of the only 'upsides' of the wokeness that the military has adopted.

I accept.

I don't think this has passed the House yet. Plus, registering does not equate to being drafted.
Plus, like everything else lately, this could be bumped to the U.S. Supreme Court as a case for review.
We are already 'fucked' with women in the Infantry and Special Operations, so, women registering for the draft is a moot point.

Good ole Camp Wilson. I was in the middle of doing a CAX this time 19 years ago. Kinda sucked at the time but I miss doing hood rat shit with my LCpl buddies now.

I did a whole CAX left to my own devices. I was supposed to support a sister unit that sent the wrong dates for my orders. I was mostly at the Warriors Club. I spent lots of time playing Time Crisis and Street Fighter III.

Coming back with no Pros/Cons was hard to explain. Luckily, Top Mark though it was funny.

I did a whole CAX left to my own devices. I was supposed to support a sister unit that sent the wrong dates for my orders. I was mostly at the Warrior's Club. I spent lots of time playing Time Crisis and Street Fighter III.

Coming back with no Pros/Cons was hard to explain. Luckily, Top Mark though it was funny.
Oh fuck yeah the Time Crisis 2 cabinet! I don't remember seeing Street Fighter 3 but they also had Royal Rumble.

Oh fuck yeah the Time Crisis 2 cabinet! I don't remember seeing Street Fighter 3 but they also had Royal Rumble.

You probably played the same cabinet I had in 1998. Probably ate the same chicken wings from the fryer, too.

You probably played the same cabinet I had in 1998. Probably ate the same chicken wings from the fryer, too.
Did Camp Wilson still have the triangle shaped huts in 98?

Back