Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

Yeah, the Army gets these two 'dork' Ranger qualified (lol) Lieutenants and the Marines had Sergeant Shannon Ihrke. Life is never fair. Imagine Ihrke as your Squad or Team leader.

calendar2014_12_1000w_01-768x989.jpg

So, I have a dumb question.

Roommate was watching Generation Kill for the first time (their first time) and were at the part in Episode 1 right after Ray and Brad finished singing and Brad's taking the lid of a Cope tin and fiddling with it.

What possibly is he doing? I've never been able to figure it out. The lid is still on the container and he's like pushing directly down on the edges almost like he's trying to pop a disc out of the lid.

So, I have a dumb question.

Roommate was watching Generation Kill for the first time (their first time) and were at the part in Episode 1 right after Ray and Brad finished singing and Brad's taking the lid of a Cope tin and fiddling with it.

What possibly is he doing? I've never been able to figure it out. The lid is still on the container and he's like pushing directly down on the edges almost like he's trying to pop a disc out of the lid.

Do you dip? Was he just packing the can?

Do you dip? Was he just packing the can?
Nah, the can was empty I am pretty sure.

I've done dip here and there (usually takes a month or more to finish a can for me) but it was like he was fucking with the lid.

Brad's taking the lid of a Cope tin and fiddling with it. What possibly is he doing? I've never been able to figure it out. The lid is still on the container and he's like pushing directly down on the edges almost like he's trying to pop a disc out of the lid.

Yeah, I think he was trying to do the 'Copenhagen dip lid trick'. Popping the label disc out of the rim. Great way to get your fingers cut. 'Redneck' shit dippers like to do. Nasty habit and mouth cancer. Go to 4:45.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think he was trying to do the 'Copenhagen dip lid trick'. Popping the label disc out of the rim. Great way to get your fingers cut. 'Redneck' shit dippers like to do. Nasty habit and mouth cancer. Go to 4:45.

Only thing I could think of was it was a way to keep track of how much they had gone through.

Oh well.

You response made me laugh harder than the post you quoted.

Yeah, clearly a Marine cartoonist. Doesn't know much about the Army uniform. No red berets in the Army, our uniform is green, our ties are black. 'Cunt' cap is no longer used - black berets now. Got the ribbons right. I still don't get the bottom section. Is that STD related?

Yeah, clearly a Marine cartoonist. Doesn't know much about the Army uniform. No red berets in the Army, our uniform is green, our ties are black. 'Cunt' cap is no longer used - black berets now. Got the ribbons right. I still don't get the bottom section. Is that STD related?
I know the last panel is about how the Army keeps changing their uniform. The duck face panel I have NO clue

I think the Army does have red berets. The cartoon is playing on possible Army dress uniforms being nicer than USMC. And the navy cat asking to kill the army dude by sticking something in their ass I presume.

I think the Army does have red berets. The cartoon is playing on possible Army dress uniforms being nicer than USMC. And the navy cat asking to kill the army dude by sticking something in their ass I presume.
I thought the 82nd was the only group with Red Berets and they've either recently or will be moving away from those?

I thought the 82nd was the only group with Red Berets and they've either recently or will be moving away from those?
I’m not sure if they are going away from them but they still are worn.

Back