Rumored Mikey Garcia vs Manny Pacquiao PBC

I thiught Mikey was supposed to be fighting Danny? What happened to that?

Would you take a possible loss to a no namer for less money

Or

Cash in another 25-30m in a fight with pretty much equal odds and an atg name on your record?

That's what happened to that

After Garcia absolutely stunk the place out, they should just leave him to go to dazn

After Garcia absolutely stunk the place out, they should just leave him to go to dazn
Some people say he went to the hospital days before the fight with some tonsillitis shit or something....

I think some just don't want to admit that he's been overrated.

Some people say he went to the hospital days before the fight with some tonsillitis shit or something....

I think some just don't want to admit that he's been overrated.
I admit to expecting more from him at 147. Can't say he's overrated though, his resume is pretty solid.

Good point, he can rake it in comparatively. And money counts.
But still, Mikey had a hell of a career going until he saw Loma. Then it was like he lost his will to continue in the sport?
Hmm...
I agree. Garcia turned into a huge disappointment for me. I think he's an awesome boxer and all, but I remember when he first caught my attn on FNF... dude had a last minute replacement as opponent, but it didnt matter who he fought that night, you knew he was special. The KO that came after a clinic was so clean and perfect, I have yet to see a cleaner punch land so effectively live since, and then he did Salido like he did, made easy work of the div, got props from Floyd, did everything he was supposed to do, sitting in training calling himself God gifted like he was the next big thing... if he really believed he was what others saw in him, he would have beaten Loma's ass, but he has (and @Seano called it waaaaay b4 anyone here) a weak fighters heart. He believed the Loma hype more than the fans.

Loma is fucking awesome, dont get me wrong, but Mikey had the tools to beat him and instead ran for the hills. That will haunt him for the rest of his life when he sees the next guy who isn't named Salido beat Loma. Loma will take another loss before all is said and done, the openings are there, but Mikey wouldn't risk his pride to get it done. Biggest disappointment for me as a boxing fan watching a prospect come up, calling him the next big thing, being right for a minute, then being wrong.... Spence was the dumbest route he could have ever taken, bigger, stronger, and as I've said since before the fight with Mikey, Spence actually a better boxer than Mikey OR Loma. At least Loma was his own weightclass. But fighting a pro like Spence who is 2 weightclasses up, and makes the guy everyone wants you to fight look super ammie?! Mikey wanted a way out of facing a contemporary rival. Pure and simple.

I admit to expecting more from him at 147. Can't say he's overrated though, his resume is pretty solid.
mikey is a special talent, but let's be realistic here. he should be fighting at 135, 140 at most.

he has absolutely no business being in there with any of these guys at 147, he'll either disengage the entire fight like he did with spence and lose a wide UD, or he'll actually fight to win and get clipped. he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to be chasing big bucks, and he was undoubtedly making solid money fighting at lower weights, so i honestly don't get why he's pushing WW.

Not bad. Presumably they're banking on Pac winning so they could do Spence/Pac after, thats the real big money fight.

No point in fighting a guy without a belt in this point and stage of Pacquiao Career.

No point in fighting a guy without a belt in this point and stage of Pacquiao Career.
So if Floyd came back he shouldn’t fight him? Or if McGregor was an option?

So if Floyd came back he shouldn’t fight him? Or if McGregor was an option?

Floyd is obviously an exception to the rule, he has no losses and Pacquaio has a loss against him. So it's a no-brainer that Pacquiao should fight him the most. Beating Floyd would cement his legacy even more. Also if Pacman beats him I can't imagine the money they'll generate for the trilogy fight.

McGregor is a joke when it comes to boxing. It's not worth Pacquiao time, wouldn't add much if anything at all to his legacy. I think fighting guys with belts and beating them will be better for Pacquaio overall career.

Floyd is obviously an exception to the rule, he has no losses and Pacquaio has a loss against him. So it's a no-brainer that Pacquiao should fight him the most. Beating Floyd would cement his legacy even more. Also if Pacman beats him I can't imagine the money they'll generate for the trilogy fight.

McGregor is a joke when it comes to boxing. It's not worth Pacquiao time, wouldn't add much if anything at all to his legacy. I think fighting guys with belts and beating them will be better for Pacquaio overall career.
Outside of beating Crawford or Spence, Pac's legacy is pretty much set, nothing else is really gonna change it. It's cash out time

Outside of beating Crawford or Spence, Pac's legacy is pretty much set, nothing else is really gonna change it. It's cash out time

Yes his legacy is set, but it will add more to fire if he beats guys like Crawford or Spence. And of course if he beats Floyd if they ever fight again.

It pretty obvious that Mikey isn't interested in testing himself, he's all about the money. I wouldn't be surprised if he retires after fighting Pac.

It pretty obvious that Mikey isn't interested in testing himself, he's all about the money. I wouldn't be surprised if he retires after fighting Pac.
Absurd claim.

All boxers are about the money BTW. Every one.

Absurd claim.

All boxers are about the money BTW. Every one.
Bullshit. Some fighters want to test themselves against the best. Mikey isn't interested in actually winning fights anymore. He ducked Loma where he had a chance of winning and now competes at higher weight classes where he has no hope of winning fights. Or do you believe Mikey has a chance at beating Pac? Or that he had a chance of beating Spence? Loma could have made a fight with Pac as well if he was just about money but he actually cares about his legacy.

Bullshit. Mikey isn't interested in actually winning fights anymore. He ducked Loma where he had a chance of winning and now competes at higher weight classes where he has no hope of winning fights. Or do you believe Mikey has a chance at beating Pac? Or that he had a chance of beating Spence?
Again, absurd. He had one fight against one of the best in which he was outmatched. He's beaten everyone else.

Again, absurd. He had one fight against one of the best in which he was outmatched. He's beaten everyone else.
So you think he'll beat 40 year old Manny? Think he's got a good chance of winning? Personally I think he gets absolutely hammered. Pac by wide decision or he stops Garcia. But Garcia managed to box really negatively and survive versus Spence so he could do the same against Manny. But he doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning, unless Manny drops off a cliff and ages overnight. Again Mikey isn't interested in winning, he just wants to get paid.

Last edited:
Back