Rumored Mikey Garcia vs Manny Pacquiao PBC

Seems like a meaningless fight for Pac. Garcia just took an L and doesn't have any belts or major name value for Pacquiao.

However, I will enjoy watching @TidWell lose his limited mind over this one way or the other.

Who is this tweeter? Former NBA journeyman Jose Calderon?

Seems like a meaningless fight for Pac. Garcia just took an L and doesn't have any belts or major name value for Pacquiao.

However, I will enjoy watching @TidWell lose his limited mind over this one way or the other.
I actually think this is a great move by PBC and haymon like the tweet said it was done as a business move to counter DAZN and Hearns offer to Mikey, they cut the competition.

Haymon said lets give old man Manny a winnable fight that will sell and give Mikey a big name money fight he wants kill two birds with one stone, also if Pac stops Mikey the casuals will eat it up and they will say but Errol Spence couldn't even hurt him. The casuals and skip bayless types will start having orgasms thinking Pacman is a monster and they will eat it up.

Then they will feed Pac to Spence and Spence knocks him cold in 3 rounds and Spence becomes a super cash cow and will carry the sport, if both guys win Pac vs Spence will break the 2 million buys mark for fox PPV.

Mikey willing to fight Pac over Loma, now? Also, sub "to avoid" in lieu of "over" in that question if you prefer...

<6>

Mikey willing to fight Pac over Loma, now? Also, sub "to avoid" in lieu of "over" in that question if you prefer...

<6>
Why do business with Bob Arum someone he had a negative history with and get paid peanuts or fight a big name like Manny Pacquiao for big money

I actually think this is a great move by PBC and haymon like the tweet said it was done as a business move to counter DAZN and Hearns offer to Mikey, they cut the competition.

Haymon said lets give old man Manny a winnable fight that will sell and give Mikey a big name money fight he wants kill two birds with one stone, also if Pac stops Mikey the casuals will eat it up and they will say but Errol Spence couldn't even hurt him. The casuals and skip bayless types will start having orgasms thinking Pacman is a monster and they will eat it up.

Then they will feed Pac to Spence and Spence knocks him cold in 3 rounds and Spence becomes a super cash cow and will carry the sport, if both guys win Pac vs Spence will break the 2 million buys mark for fox PPV.

Damage control at its finest.

Meh. I hoped Garcia would transition to welter but he did not make the trip well. I don't have any desire to see him at 147 again.

Manny takes the kid to school

Meh. I hoped Garcia would transition to welter but he did not make the trip well. I don't have any desire to see him at 147 again.

I had little expectations for him at Welterweight after his fight with Lipinets, not that I thought he looked bad in that fight just that 140lbs should've been the max for him. I'd rather he went back to Lightweight but totally understand why he's where he is.
More fights, more money, less Arum. Especially less Arum.

When was the last time you were in full control of your mental faculties?

I kept hearing he was pondering retirement before the Spence fight and if its true, a Pacquaio fight is not a bad idea, he can make the same in one fight against Pacquaio as he would in 3 fights against any other fighter.

Anyone have any idea what DAZN offered him?

He really wants to win a title at 147 to be a 5 division champ, Manny is his best shot as he’s not a natural welter, plus he’s older.

The power that Spence presented to Garcia won’t be there, nor will the massive size advantage.

That said, I felt Garcia quit that last fight and just fought to hang on. Which I think may also be the case of actually facing elite competition, and for that reason I’m choosing to go with Manny on this one

Manny gonna beat the breaks off Garcia. He gonna fall for the same Trap Thurman did. The winner of this lottery gonna get an asswhoppin.

Last edited:
I am going with Mikey by TKO. He has fast ass hands and Manny won't being able to bounce out before eating a 2 punch combo all nite. Mikey will eat and return fire in a great FOTY.

At 140 lbs this would be a better fight, but as mentioned Garcia will probably try to chase maximum glory.

At some point, Pacquiao is bound to fall off a cliff if he keeps fighting at world level. It will likely be against Spence or Crawford, but he may even get ripe enough for Garcia.

Back