Rumored Mikey Garcia vs Manny Pacquiao PBC

I actually think this is a great move by PBC and haymon like the tweet said it was done as a business move to counter DAZN and Hearns offer to Mikey, they cut the competition.

Haymon said lets give old man Manny a winnable fight that will sell and give Mikey a big name money fight he wants kill two birds with one stone, also if Pac stops Mikey the casuals will eat it up and they will say but Errol Spence couldn't even hurt him. The casuals and skip bayless types will start having orgasms thinking Pacman is a monster and they will eat it up.

Then they will feed Pac to Spence and Spence knocks him cold in 3 rounds and Spence becomes a super cash cow and will carry the sport, if both guys win Pac vs Spence will break the 2 million buys mark for fox PPV.

<45><45><45><45>

Hopefully Pacquiao destroys him

Anything to not fight Loma.

Pacquiao’s already done and accomplished so much in this sport. I’d say he’s at the stage where he can do whatever he wants. Mikey Garcia definitely isn’t my first choice of people I’d like to see Pacquiao in there with, but at this stage of Pacquiao’s career I’ll support any fight he takes. He has nothing to prove anymore. He’s locked in as an all time great. I don’t blame the man for taking safer fights, at 40 with all the wear and tear and wars, he deserves this

Pacquiao’s already done and accomplished so much in this sport. I’d say he’s at the stage where he can do whatever he wants. Mikey Garcia definitely isn’t my first choice of people I’d like to see Pacquiao in there with, but at this stage of Pacquiao’s career I’ll support any fight he takes. He has nothing to prove anymore. He’s locked in as an all time great. I don’t blame the man for taking safer fights, at 40 with all the wear and tear and wars, he deserves this
it's like he purposely chose the 'wrong' Garcia to fight

I hate to admit it but I would watch Pac fight practically anyone, he gives us old guys hope that it’s not over!

Its not really a safe fight. I don't like Garcia at 147 either but Pac isn't prime Errol Spence either. It'd be a more competitive fight than that was.

Its not really a safe fight. I don't like Garcia at 147 either but Pac isn't prime Errol Spence either. It'd be a more competitive fight than that was.

I agree it’s not a 100% safe fight for Manny, but compared to some of the other opponents that fans are expecting Pacquiao to take on, it’s a lot safer in comparison to the likes of Errol Spence, Terence Crawford, maybe even Danny Garcia or Ugas even too? Just naming off top ranked guys at WW

I agree it’s not a 100% safe fight for Manny, but compared to some of the other opponents that fans are expecting Pacquiao to take on, it’s a lot safer in comparison to the likes of Errol Spence, Terence Crawford, maybe even Danny Garcia or Ugas even too? Just naming off top ranked guys at WW
Just being realistic- No PBC vs Top Rank fights will happen anytime soon so that eliminates Crawford and Lomachenko for Pac and Garcia respectively. Everyone likes to pretend otherwise but we all know the history there.

I agree though, there are tougher fights that could be made.

Just being realistic- No PBC vs Top Rank fights will happen anytime soon so that eliminates Crawford and Lomachenko for Pac and Garcia respectively. Everyone likes to pretend otherwise but we all know the history there.

I agree though, there are tougher fights that could be made.
I do think Danny Garcia vs Crawford could happen, because it's not something where I think a PPV split would be necessary as long as the upfront is fine for Garcia. But any major fights, yeah, it's not going to happen.

That said, doesn't PBC/Top Rank already have a signed contract for Wilder/Fury 2? So that's one fight

That said, doesn't PBC/Top Rank already have a signed contract for Wilder/Fury 2? So that's one fight
Yeah but we went from talk of immediate rematch to watching Fury fight tomato cans for two years and Wilder fight some guy he already KO'd. Arum will make fights when he sees his stars fading, not when they are on top.

Kind of an odd fight. It sounds okay but I'm not paying for it.

Mikey willing to fight Pac over Loma, now? Also, sub "to avoid" in lieu of "over" in that question if you prefer...

<6>
Money might have something to do with it. Mikey will earn his beating well and then he can retire. Can't see what's left for him after Manny makes him look very ordinary.

Money might have something to do with it. Mikey will earn his beating well and then he can retire. Can't see what's left for him after Manny makes him look very ordinary.

Good point, he can rake it in comparatively. And money counts.
But still, Mikey had a hell of a career going until he saw Loma. Then it was like he lost his will to continue in the sport?
Hmm...

Meh. I hoped Garcia would transition to welter but he did not make the trip well. I don't have any desire to see him at 147 again.

I kind of agree but that’s where he’s fighting now.
He was outgunned and skilled by Errol and the size had something to do with it.

But that’s the best or I would say second best we in Errol that he lost to

No shame in that loss. Paquiao ismt Spence especially at 45.

Mikey can win this fight. And if I had to bet I would take Mikey.
I never bet on the old man in prizefighting.

What would you prefer? Mikey going to 140 against who?
Take a huge pay cut? That wouldn’t make sense for him

If anyone can get a oaquaio fight they better take advantage of that opportunity.

I kind of agree but that’s where he’s fighting now.
He was outgunned and skilled by Errol and the size had something to do with it.

But that’s the best or I would say second best we in Errol that he lost to

No shame in that loss. Paquiao ismt Spence especially at 45.

Mikey can win this fight. And if I had to bet I would take Mikey.
I never bet on the old man in prizefighting.

What would you prefer? Mikey going to 140 against who?
Take a huge pay cut? That wouldn’t make sense for him

If anyone can get a oaquaio fight they better take advantage of that opportunity.
Pac vs Mikey is OK, not crazy about Garcia vs anyone else there.

Would much prefer Garcia at 140.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back