Media Mike Tyson offering Ngannou to promote and train Ngannou for his boxing debut

Lmao you can say the same with MMA, and "being big and athletic" make you world champ look Wilder
Wilder looked like a poor boxer next to Fury, but he'd look like Sugar Ray Robinson against Ngannou

mike likes francis, wants to train him to box like a real boxer, now that would be interesting

How old is he? Ngannou?

Edit. Looked it up. 33.

<41>

Lmao you can say the same with MMA, and "being big and athletic" make you world champ look Wilder
You don't have to think too much of Wilder's ringcraft in boxing but just know that if he decided tomorrow to transition to MMA he'd still be the most decorated male striker to enter in or near his prime in UFC history and easily one of the most decorated in the entire sport's history regardless of division. He'd also automatically become the most dangerous fighter, and by a wide margin, to ever compete in the sport regardless of discipline.

Ngannou is a very scary fighter by MMA standards, Wilder is extremely scary by any standard of striking. He would honestly make that 'lion' look like a domestic house cat by comparison. Just visualize the Stipe fight for evidence of that. In the same scenario, had Stipe been on the end of Wilder's punches instead of Ngannou's (who failed to put him away), then it would've been a one-and-done affair. Under the same circumstances he would've immediately folded Stipe up like a cheap lawn chair in disgusting fashion with the very first right hand that touched him.

Even despite his obvious shortcomings he's had a huge degree of largely unexpected success at the highest levels of both amateur and professional boxing. Not only did he medal at the Olympics as an amateur he also managed to beat some genuinely elite world class operators with some very impressive credentials. Just being big and athletic isn't why he was able to achieve all of that success though it obviously helped his case considerably.

Leaked preview of Ngannou vs Wilder

WanPossibleCrocodileskink-size_restricted.gif
0/10, I see no stupid getups.

You don't have to think too much of Wilder's ringcraft in boxing but just know that if he decided tomorrow to transition to MMA he'd still be the most decorated male striker to enter in or near his prime in UFC history and easily one of the most decorated in the entire sport's history regardless of division. He'd also automatically become the most dangerous fighter, and by a wide margin, to ever compete in the sport regardless of discipline.

Ngannou is a very scary fighter by MMA standards, Wilder is extremely scary by any standard of striking. He would honestly make that 'lion' look like a domestic house cat by comparison. Just visualize the Stipe fight for evidence of that. In the same scenario, had Stipe been on the end of Wilder's punches instead of Ngannou's (who failed to put him away), then it would've been a one-and-done affair. Under the same circumstances he would've immediately folded Stipe up like a cheap lawn chair in disgusting fashion with the very first right hand that touched him.

Even despite his obvious shortcomings he's had a huge degree of largely unexpected success at the highest levels of both amateur and professional boxing. Not only did he medal at the Olympics as an amateur he also managed to beat some genuinely elite world class operators with some very impressive credentials. Just being big and athletic isn't why he was able to achieve all of that success though it obviously helped his case considerably.
Wilder would lose to a competent WMMA fighter by submission.

That’s an offer I would be all over..

The Wilder and Ngannou comparison makes no sense:

Wilder KOs much bigger and way more skilled guys. He's faster, more explosive And a cardio machine... That's what makes him unique.

Ngannou was scared of Lewis cuz he knew that Derrick "I got back problems" Lewis could match his power & many top 15-40 boxers would dwarf Ngannou.

HW MMA is full of non explosive and slow fighters aka the trash competition makes him look better. I mean... He just beat a D level kickboxer who trained MMA for 2 years and the fight was sloppy as fuck aka whoever lands first.

4oz gloves make you faster, you need less energy for powers hots and you can even Stun people with a simple jab + there's a 10 count in Boxing and GNP is not allowed.

Ngannou "let it rip" thing would not work in a ring, cuz footwork and timing are important and he generates most of his power with a bad Form (just like me) = they would counter him the shit out.

Efe Ajagba is younger and weighs less than Ngannou and I bet he has more power, but 250+ HWs with KO power are not impressive. There are hundreds of boxers with legit KO power and shit defense.

Wilder is unique: he's lean as fuck which means he could cut 15-25 lbs of water with ez (he was 209 lbs on fight night VS Fury).. He's a LHW by MMA standards loooool

Ngannou should stick to MMA or just let him fight eren demirezen... That guy would eat Ngannou hardest punch with ez.

If you dont have coordination you wont get it. no matter who coaches you. he has power, it serves him well in mma but in boxing he is a shark out of water. not a chance he can compete with Top 20 HWs let alone the elite.

I don't mind seeing Ngannou go to boxing. It's his dream after all. Will see how he turns out.

Ngannou vs Samuel Peter would make a lot of sense.
It could be billed as determining the true African king of fighting: the greatest African heavyweight in MMA vs the greatest African heavyweight in boxing.
Peter is ranked number 183rd in the world by BoxRec, so he's very beatable, but he's a name fighter, a natural heavyweight and still in his 30s.
They could show highlights of him dropping Wlad multiple times, stopping Maskaev and beating Toney twice.

Timestamp

After Rozenstruick he has 2 fights left in his contract, and remember : Becoming a professional boxer was his dream, he never wanted to be MMA champion. Mike Tyson is his hero.
I think Ngannou is going for the belt and then he will transition to boxing.

i mean if i failed becoming a champion i'd use the excuse "well, i never wanted to be champion anyways" too

Dana doesnt like Francis for some reason
If i had a fighter on my roster that I was hyping as dangerous as he was , especially when he doesn't do any self promotion himself, and then he lays the egg he did against Lewis, i'd hate him too

Leaked preview of Ngannou vs Wilder

WanPossibleCrocodileskink-size_restricted.gif
{<redford}

Pretty sure Tyson and some top tier help could take the raw power that Ngannou has and make him a legit contender....
{<jimmies}

Sorry to say it, but Ngannou won't go anywhere in HW boxing.
<Fedor23>

he’s just too sloppy and too old. with some training he might do fine against bums, but that’s about it. he has power and nothing else.

Sure, why not. I'd like to see how far he actually makes it. I'd be pleasantly surprised if he made it into the top 30.

The Wilder and Ngannou comparison makes no sense:

Wilder KOs much bigger and way more skilled guys. He's faster, more explosive And a cardio machine... That's what makes him unique.

Ngannou was scared of Lewis cuz he knew that Derrick "I got back problems" Lewis could match his power & many top 15-40 boxers would dwarf Ngannou.

HW MMA is full of non explosive and slow fighters aka the trash competition makes him look better. I mean... He just beat a D level kickboxer who trained MMA for 2 years and the fight was sloppy as fuck aka whoever lands first.

4oz gloves make you faster, you need less energy for powers hots and you can even Stun people with a simple jab + there's a 10 count in Boxing and GNP is not allowed.

Ngannou "let it rip" thing would not work in a ring, cuz footwork and timing are important and he generates most of his power with a bad Form (just like me) = they would counter him the shit out.

Efe Ajagba is younger and weighs less than Ngannou and I bet he has more power, but 250+ HWs with KO power are not impressive. There are hundreds of boxers with legit KO power and shit defense.

Wilder is unique: he's lean as fuck which means he could cut 15-25 lbs of water with ez (he was 209 lbs on fight night VS Fury).. He's a LHW by MMA standards loooool

Ngannou should stick to MMA or just let him fight eren demirezen... That guy would eat Ngannou hardest punch with ez.

Lewis has chin ,the shots he takes would flatten Wilder so you can’t say Wilder is capable of doing the same things . I find it bizarre all these guys are saying Wilder walks through everyone or becomes the scariest striker . If someone gets on top of him it’s no longer a set pace and his stamina would be zapped within minutes if he hasn’t tapped out .

These people aren’t taking into account you have to punch more correctly in MMA or you hurt your hand easier with 4 oz gloves on ,there is no wailing away aimlessly if you have brittle hands ,if he’s hurting them with big gloves what would Wilder do with little ones ? He’s also a one trick pony with no clinching skills he’s dead in the water in MMA .

As far as Ngganou making it in boxing under Mike is also lanother showing of the double standard on here with some of the same guys laughing off a Tyson comeback when there was a video not but a few months ago showing How easy Mike would dismantle him yet when it’s Mike himself he’s brushed off ? Total nonsense.

There’s only but a few guys who can do both because there’s certain requirements you need and I can assure you it’s not Wilder ,it’s guys like this .

Back