Media Mike Tyson offering Ngannou to promote and train Ngannou for his boxing debut

Jean-MMA

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Timestamp

After Rozenstruick he has 2 fights left in his contract, and remember : Becoming a professional boxer was his dream, he never wanted to be MMA champion. Mike Tyson is his hero.
I think Ngannou is going for the belt and then he will transition to boxing.

Leaked preview of Ngannou vs Wilder

WanPossibleCrocodileskink-size_restricted.gif

Pretty sure Tyson and some top tier help could take the raw power that Ngannou has and make him a legit contender....

Well, I'd hate to see him go, but he might be better suited for boxing as opposed to MMA. And that's really cool of Mike to offer that. Tyson grows on me more and more thru the years. Seems like a solid dude these days; wise even

Sorry to say it, but Ngannou won't go anywhere in HW boxing.

Pretty sure Tyson and some top tier help could take the raw power that Ngannou has and make him a legit contender....

No. Go with any reasonable pro boxing coach. Francis needs a jab and an overhand right. The rest would be gravy.

Oh please Tyson!! Ngannou Is the best thing MMA have right now, losing him to boxing would be devastating for the sport

would love to see these two fight against each other in either mma or boxing esp since tyson is apparently training again

Maybe if he was a young 20 yr old. Tyson’s style was way too technical to try and catch Francis up to speed within like a years time.

What Tyson can teach a lot of these young and up-and -coming fighters is a a solid physical training regime. One in which you would run 5mi every morning followed by hundreds of push-ups and sit-ups every single day, and not even bother to call it one of your “work-outs” cause that type of work is madatory.

Sorry to say it, but Ngannou won't go anywhere in HW boxing.

He can starch a LOT of journey man HW with proper training like Tyson, Freddie Roach. The giant difficulty for him will be the cardio. But he can definitly enter the top 20 after some years of training only boxing. Dude is a specimen, a physical beast. The HW roster in boxing is full of fatass

Sounds interesting. talk about a powercouple eh

He can starch a LOT of journey man HW with proper training like Tyson, Freddie Roach. The giant difficulty for him will be the cardio. But he can definitly enter the top 20 after some years of training only boxing. Dude is a specimen, a physical beast. The HW roster in boxing is full of fatass
Boxing is an Olympic sport with plenty of money to be made by going pro. You might look at the top 20 and see a bunch of fatasses, what you don't see is the thousands of fighters from all over the world who they had to get through in the amateur and pro circuit to make it into the top 20.

They look like bums compared to the very top of the division, but they'll still beat the shit out of anyone besides that. Simply being big and athletic gets you nowhere fast in boxing, even moreso than MMA. As for Ngannou, I don't think it's totally unrealistic that he could make it into the top 20 eventually, but it's still an ambitious and unlikely prediction.

Boxing is an Olympic sport with plenty of money to be made by going pro. You might look at the top 20 and see a bunch of fatasses, what you don't see is the thousands of fighters from all over the world who they had to get through in the amateur and pro circuit to make it into the top 20.

They look like bums compared to the very top of the division, but they'll still beat the shit out of anyone besides that. Simply being big and athletic gets you nowhere fast in boxing, even moreso than MMA. As for Ngannou, I don't think it's totally unrealistic that he could make it into the top 20 eventually, but it's still an ambitious and unlikely prediction.
Lmao you can say the same with MMA, and "being big and athletic" make you world champ look Wilder

Back