Mike Russow is still top 10 according to Sherdog?

vuco KJV***

Blue Belt
Reaction score
He never was top 10 to begin with and he especially shouldn't be top 10 after getting outclassed that hard by Werdum.

Hunt, Struve, Rothwell, Kongo, Nelson, all of them should be above Russow.

schaub was top 10 one year ago and nelson wasn't on that list. sherdog has no logic especially for tenth spot

Russow has no business there. Hes somewhere between 16-20 at best...

Really? I personally have him in my top five after what he did to Duffee.

I believe Justin McCully was top 5 when Russow beat him, so it's warranted.

Man, those rankings are a mess, Sherdog. Frankie and Guida aren't LWs anymore, Belcher not in the top 10, Pat Curran the #2 FW, Jake Shields a contender at MW even though he hasn't won a fight at MW in nearly 3 years.

I was just looking at this yesterday. I was surprised at how shallow the HW division is on paper. It still seems stacked in real life though. Looking forward to the winner on Saturday vs The Reem. Blockbuster fight right there.

I was just looking at this yesterday. I was surprised at how shallow the HW division is on paper. It still seems stacked in real life though. Looking forward to the winner on Saturday vs The Reem. Blockbuster fight right there.

Stacked? The entire HW divisions has 30 fighters or so...

Sherdog's top ten is typically nonsensical. I suggest you avoid it like the plague.

I would give Russow a chance against everyone except Nelson on that list. But currently he does not belong in the top 10.

He's not even top 15 imo. I'm not one to complain about rankings, but that is just a major brain fart on Sherdogs part.

The first time I saw Russow in Sherdog's Top 10 HW rankings, two things: 1. I thought Travis Browne should be ranked ahead of Russow who lost to Werdum. 2. I think the same rankings had a lil' write up in the WW section saying GSP and Condit were training partners when multiple sources said they may have been in Jackson's at the same time but never trained together or sparred.

Back