Mike Pierce

"Don't like it? Bitch at the fighters that let it happen to themselves. Fact if the matter is, he got controlled. He couldn't keep the fight where he wanted it and where he could win. Hence the loss."

It doesn't matter if you can't control where the fight takes place if you're losing where it takes place. You have to be a Pierce family member. There is no reason to feel so strongly about his shitty performance with such bad reasoning.

Sorry, but guys like Fitch, Askren, GSP actually throw shots and advance position while on the ground.

Pierce, like Woodman in Strikeforce, just lay in the guard protecting their face. He threw 0 shots while on the ground and didn't pass guard at all.
I hope they will keep him in the facebook prelims next time.

"My point exactly, style wins fights. Also does strategy and Pierce takes it to his advantage every fight."

He was losing on top. So yeah, styles do make fights, and Pierce's style had him losing the actual fight. Only the absurd takedown scoring, and lack of scoring for any offensive form the bottom allowed him to gain a victory.

I would rather bitch about the rules that do not reward fighters for doing damage.

You're free to carry the torch for Pierce, and enable this horrible trend in MMA. You're a minority.

"My point exactly, style wins fights. Also does strategy and Pierce takes it to his advantage every fight."

He was losing on top. So yeah, styles do make fights, and Pierce's style had him losing the actual fight. Only the absurd takedown scoring, and lack of scoring for any offensive form the bottom allowed him to gain a victory.

I would rather bitch about the rules that do not reward fighters for doing damage.

You're free to carry the torch for Pierce, and enable this horrible trend in MMA. You're a minority.

Well go ahead and bitch about rules

Sorry, but guys like Fitch, Askren, GSP actually throw shots and advance position while on the ground.

Pierce, like Woodman in Strikeforce, just lay in the guard protecting their face. He threw 0 shots while on the ground and didn't pass guard at all.
I hope they will keep him in the facebook prelims next time.

this is the answer for the UFC, keep putting him on facebook, wait for him to lose a fight and cut his boring ass.

fucking boring fighter, learn some subs/passes.

"Don't like it? Bitch at the fighters that let it happen to themselves. Fact if the matter is, he got controlled. He couldn't keep the fight where he wanted it and where he could win. Hence the loss."

It doesn't matter if you can't control where the fight takes place if you're losing where it takes place. You have to be a Pierce family member. There is no reason to feel so strongly about his shitty performance with such bad reasoning.
How was he losing where it took place when he controlled where it took place? He was never in danger once in this fight. Not once. He actually dropped Seth in the most significant strike of the fight. I don't need to be a Pierce family member to tell you the man who can throw you to the ground at will is gonna win.
Well go ahead and bitch about rules

This ^^^

Mike Pierce may not be the most exciting be he arguably beat Kos and Hendricks... The guys is legit.

Had a judge flipped heads instead of tails, he'd be the one everyone's saying GSP is ducking.

Pierce is weird. Against top tier fighters Pierce steps up and puts on a very entertaining fight. Against mediocre or weaker fighters it's like Pierce plays down to the competition and the fight sucks.

Pierce is weird. Against top tier fighters Pierce steps up and puts on a very entertaining fight. Against mediocre or weaker fighters it's like Pierce plays down to the competition and the fight sucks.

Brandon Vera syndrome.

How was he losing where it took place when he controlled where it took place? He was never in danger once in this fight. Not once. He actually dropped Seth in the most significant strike of the fight. I don't need to be a Pierce family member to tell you the man who can throw you to the ground at will is gonna win.

This ^^^

He dropped him and won that round-the only round he won imo.
Yes, he was never in danger on the ground - he never posed any danger either.
He didn't land any shots on the ground, he didn't advance position - he ate many shots on the ground.
I don't think I've seen another fighter take it to the ground then simply cover up in guard doing absolutely nothing.
And I don't think it's because he doesn't have the skill to do more. He just doesn't want to, which is worse!

let erick silva put him to sleep somebody needs to. i can't stand lnp fighters.

So a guy who has 7 wins and 3 losses in UFC in one of the best weight classes in the world and is a boring fighter? 3 of those wins were finishes and the loses were to top notch competition and were questionable. He would grind out Erick Silva and make him look worse then Fitch did. The guy is a great and exciting fighter if you don't like it go watch Johh Cena like your used to ass croutons.

Happiness-is-a-Warm-Blanket-Charlie-Brown_Box-Art-2D2.jpg

Most shameless LnPer in the division. Makes Fitch look active. Baczynski did more damage from the bottom and should have won. Send Pierce over to Bellator and let him and Askren fight for the title of Blanket King.

Did you see his last fight???

He's a solid WW.

Styles makes fights, he brings the excitement in match ups where he faces wrestleboxers. Give him the Ellenberger/Hathaway winner or Hieron(if he makes it past Silva)and they'll put on a FOTN candidate.

Dude knocked out a very game Aaron Simpson on a comeback and was fighting Seth, who is fucking tall. You think he's gonna fight it out with him? Hell no. Pierce deserve(d/s) better opposition.

He's very boring but he can beat any welterweight in the UFC(not named GSP). I think he beat kos, and the hendricks fight was to close to call(for me)

The dude just fights down to his competition

Back