Mike Dolce

Technique. He never actually defended the takedowns in a way his strenght would have mattered. His technique didn't open up the portal for his strength because he was constantly in a bad position due to poor technique.

I just watched the last TUF last night on DVR. Why do you think Dolce got manhandled? I was rooting for him. I thought he looked really strong against Prince, but he didn't look strong at all in the last fight.
Did losing all that weight mean he lost most of his strength too or was his technigue and take down defense just bad?
It was disapointing to say the least.
But the other guy looked pretty good. Maybe he is just real strong.

Dolce usually fights 170 so he is small for 185 also he gave some reasons saying they conditioned him hard up to the fight.

From what I saw knowing no more details behind the scenes just the fight he was out wrestled.

I just watched the last TUF last night on DVR. Why do you think Dolce got manhandled? I was rooting for him. I thought he looked really strong against Prince, but he didn't look strong at all in the last fight.
Did losing all that weight mean he lost most of his strength too or was his technigue and take down defense just bad?
It was disapointing to say the least.
But the other guy looked pretty good. Maybe he is just real strong.

he was out-wrestled. he gave his back too, and luckily (at first), the guy couldnt slap on a choke, or get leg hooks. his ground was piss poor

mikes natural weight if he just stayed in shape would probably just be around 175....when he was 275 it was a full time job of his to put that weight on and keep it on..he always had serious legs so the squat i may believe but the 500+ bench i dont know if i believe, he always had trouble with chest movements...very much not his fitting weight for his frame. he wrestled 180s in hs with much more muscle on him so i dont know why he is coming into these fights with so little muscle mass, even at 170 in ifl he doesnt have the mass he had in hs...i think he having a tough time balancing stamina and power....if you watched his losses in the ifl even at 170 he got over powered

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back